I think this would be a good way to find out about some movies that some people wouldn't normally watch by having other members post about what they saw last and their take on it.

So, I will start by saying that the last movie I saw was Stargate, made in 1994. It started out fairly interesting and within half an hour I found myself nodding off. Most of the movie is comprised of sand people running around speaking in unintelligible tongues and walking around the desert.

Anyways here is the beginning portion of the movie; it's about a discovery of some sort of large ring made out of a material that's not from Earth during a dig back in 1928 Egypt. Flash forward roughly 65 years later and you have James Spader talking about how the Egyptians didn't actually build the pyramids. Everyone thinks he's a whackjob and he ends up going broke and losing his sciencey-type grants. Then some wrinkled old prune pulls up to him and asks him iif he wants a job translating Egyptian writing.

He does some translating and it turns out that this giant ring is actually something called a...

wait for it...

stargate(!), and that it can take you to distant galaxies via technobabble explanations. Anyways they of course get trapped when they use it and wind up with the sand people on a distant planet. After an hour of sheer boredom and stagnant plot development this weird alien guy who really looks like a girl comes down and starts kicking the sand people's asses. Turns out he is Ra or so he says. A bunch of things happen and alot of sand people die and eventually a big bomb goes off and the credits roll.

6.5/10