Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181111121125126127128129130131
Results 1,951 to 1,961 of 1961

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Blog Entries

100 Feet. It's fun watching Famke Janssen kick the eerie sadistic ghost of her dead abusive hubby dearest back to Hell where he belongs, even if she did off him physically before getting house arrest. The ending was a bit overdone, but hey I'm jealous of her pet kitty in this movie.

8/10

Whiplash

Awesome. Go see this. Download it. Whatever. Just see this movie once in your mundane life.

9/10

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Jon Wick

Like a good chunk of people, I wrote this off as a throwaway action movie. Then I heard how good it was. Then my friends brought it over when we all hung out recently. Very well done action movie. Doesn't hold your hand for exposition, and the gun play is top notch. It's also nice to see Reeves back in action. Killer score/soundtrack as well.

8/10

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Kung Fu Jungle (一個人的武林)

Donnie Yen returns once again in another generic fisty-punch-punch swabble through the streets, rooftops, and underneath actual 'in-transit' HGVs of Hong Kong. A story as thin as the cereal box it was printed on, dodgy editing, and uninspired action-choreography shows that Hong Kong martial art flicks have become as tame and bland as unfried rice. Gentle martial-act convict, Donnie Yen, chases raving martial-art looney, Wang Baoqiang, through the medium of bland HK police dramatics provided by Charlie Young. There is a minor-irrelevant story of a girl with cancer, people die, and Donnie Yen wins! And by winning, I mean he ends the film saving his girlfriend who is 23 years younger than him. Hong Kong Cinema at its best.

4.5/10

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Whiplash

Awesome. Go see this. Download it. Whatever. Just see this movie once in your mundane life.

9/10
    I want to see this so bad. Going to bug a co-worker for a "for your consideration" screener like I did with Birdman because On Demand be tripping with their Oscar winner prices.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gravity - 2/10

OK, so I'm sure I missed out on the visually appealing 3D effects at the cinema but this was utter garbage. It still did look very nice in HD but that is the one positive aspect of an otherwise terrible film. The script was pretty piss-poor, Bullock was literally a piece of driftwood (lol) as her acting so bad. Clooney was likeable but (SPOILER)then gets killed off. The flirting between the two was totally unnecessary in that situation. I'm all for the characters getting close, for a change though, couldn't they have an emotional connection without saying things like "you have beautiful eyes" and "you find me attractive, don't you doc?"

The shot where she reaches the airlock and assumes the foetal position with the wires representing the umbilical cord. This was the director trying far too hard in my opinion. Seconds earlier she assuring George Clooney that she was coming to get him. What does she do as soon as she gets into the capsule? Let's have a little nap so the director can have his screen-fap image, then we'll rescue the guy floating to his death. Also, the debris flying around the Earth at 50000mph manages to completely destroy the International Space Station but manages to avoid her and her decently-sized escape shuttle which were occupying the exact same space? Bollocks.

Very disappointed.

Articles

Nightcrawler

I can understand now the clamor that Jake Gyllenhaal may have been robbed of a Best Actor nomination at the last Academy Awards. He's the kind of creepy that I don't think many other people can pull off, and he exists within a world -- that of a man seeking carnage for local news in Los Angeles night after night -- that of course he'd thrive within. Definitely worth the investment of time.

8.5/10

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jurasic world and the flaws that anoy me

i did enjoy the movie, but what anoys me is that the story pretty much the same: something bad happens and dino's run loose.

- kids riding young dino's... thats just sad

- that motor was in no way suitable for that ride. i get it: its a cool bike. but they should have made it more realistic by using a dirt bike or something like that. there is no way that that bike would go so easy through that terain. thats another thing: there wasnt even 1 bump in the road.

- those hamster balls would be horrible outside a movie. people would roam for hours and start racing for fun. dino's might get anoyed with those balls running around all day and hit them

- the huge water dino: yeah.. thats asking for trouble. as it demonstrated at the en of movie it would easely do a dolphin action to get the prey from the land.

after that the movie made me feel sad especially when that cute young dino got picked up by that flying dino D:
    so much dead dino's ;_;

Chris pratt is hot

Tank Girl

Think Mad Max, but more light-hearted, with a female lead and camper.
    Tonally, this almost feels like two separate films. The first act is quite dark, with death, torture and slave labour.
    After the eponymous heroine gains full possession of her tank, however, everything becomes a lot sillier.
    This ALMOST worked, but things became a bit TOO silly in places (the kangaroo people were, I think, a mistake).
    However, the engaging main character, Tank Girl, was enough to keep me watching.

6.5/10
    It would be a bit higher, but the kangaroo people were just too much.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No Country for Old Men

There were some very goods scenes in this film but overall I was a little disappointed. Maybe it's because I was after more of a resolution but I suppose that's what you get with a Cormac McCarthy story. It was an excellent cast with some chilling segments. I just felt afterwards that there wasn't much point me watching the film.

5/10

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    No Country for Old Men

There were some very goods scenes in this film but overall I was a little disappointed. Maybe it's because I was after more of a resolution but I suppose that's what you get with a Cormac McCarthy story. It was an excellent cast with some chilling segments. I just felt afterwards that there wasn't much point me watching the film.

5/10
    I kinda felt this way about the film as well, especially because other people reacted to it like it was a masterpiece or something. I liked the characters and yes, there were some really good scenes, but I think I prefer for... I dunno, more to happen in a movie I'm watching.