Page 96 of 131 FirstFirst ... 46768690919293949596979899100101102106116 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1961

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Doomsday book.
    i saw a review about it in a magazine, so i thought:lets give it a try
    its a korean movie.

didnt like it that much its 1 movie but it is actually 3 movie's
    the first one is about a zombie out-break. it took just way to long before anything relative started.
    the 2nd is about a robot that has become a monk, and ppl want to shut him down becaus he is to human. the story didnt really interest me
    the 3rd is about a girl accidently making contact with alien on her pc. i havent watched it (yet)

This is just not my type of movie 4/10

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I recently watched:

Beasts of the Southern Wild - At first I was like, "what is this? what is going on?" and then I fell into the rhythm of the film and ended up enchanted. I really enjoyed it. And the little girl playing Hushpuppy, WOW. Seriously, wow.

Les Miserables - Oh lord what a disappointment. It just did not work. What was with all the super tight closeups? Why in gods name did they cast Russel Crowe in a role he clearly wasn't suited for? In general why was the singing so bad?! There were some moments here and there that were good, but overall it was so long an uninspired.

Silver Linings Playbook - I liked it. I've always liked Bradley Cooper, ever since Alias and he really did such a great job in this movie. I don't know why he's not getting more attention for it. And as much as I dislike Jennifer Lawrence in real life, she is ridiculously good in all the movies she's in. How is that possible? She has such a terrible ditzy blonde word vomit thing going on in real life and then in films she's just flawless. Overall though, I thought it was a nice film but not great and I don't get why people are falling all over themselves for it. I'm thinking it's pure Harvey Weinstein's doing.

Argo - Loved it. LOVED IT. I can't remember the last time a movie was so engaging and freaked me out so much (in a good way). The only bad parts were toward the end when the scenarios just got a little too ridiculous for believability. Other than that, ARGO smurf YOURSELF! YEAH!

Zero Dark Thirty
    - It was ok. First half was better than the 2nd. I was pretty engaged for a lot of it, and then after hour 2 I just started zoning out. This movie seriously needed to be shorter. It just dragged on and on, and the payoff at the end was not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Jessica Chastain's character was fairly emotionless up until the very end where she cried, and to be honest who the smurf cares? That wasn't even the most relieving cry I've seen in a film. She ain't gonna win.
    Huh, I thought she was riveting. I know that her character was pretty stoic, but Jessica Chastain is magnetic even when she's just standing there. So I thought she was phenomenal. And her character was pretty fired up the more frustrated she got as the days kept piling up. She was the best part about the movie for me.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silent Hill: Revelation
    2/10, and that is being outrageously generous.

So much potential. The worst piece of trout I've ever seen in my life. I would have rather watched Death Bed: The Bed That Eats People or Thankskilling 3. Could not take any of it seriously, especially Jon Snow's terrible lines and overall character in general.

Big steaming pile of disappointment.

Blog Entries

4/10

Good Sci Fi, but not outstanding. Pretty middle-of-the-road movie, and not enough hotties. If you're going to make a mediocre movie, at least make sure that your cast is above that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. 8/10

it is what it is. Another Mission Inpossible film. It's definitely the best one I've seen though. Fantastic sequences and some beautiful locations. I loved the the whole scene with the infiltration of the Kremlin. Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner were reliable as always.

It really has put me in the mood for my trip to Dubai in April too. Though I'll probably admire the Burj Khalifa from the ground/inside as opposed to hanging off the outside of a 120th floor window.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Angels and Airwaves: Love

I didn't know it was done by Angels and Airwaves until after finishing it. I couldn't even begin to tell you what it was about. I think a second watch is needed in order to really understand it but I just don't think I can do it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I watched Life of Pi but I still have no idea if I liked the movie or not. I also have no idea if I disliked it or not either. It is strange. Maybe that attribute is a thing that makes it good, though, who knows?

I also watched Jack Reacher a bit before that, and I thought it was a pretty all right action thriller. 7/10 I guess. Worth my money.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Dredd. It's terrible. The end.
    Bite your tongue sir! Dredd was probably one of the best action movies I saw last year.

Silver Linings Playbook
    Jennifer Lawrence

Life of Pi
    Decent movie

Killing Them Softly
    It was kinda boring movie without any kind of story in my opinion. Watched this since I didn't have anything else to do at that moment.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There will be blood: It was definitely something alright. It took me 2 days after watching the movie to find out if I actually liked it or not. In the end, I quite like the movie. It made me think, and it made me think a lot. It was definitely a slowpaced movie and as such can be quite exhausting to watch.... but the protagonists gradual descent into madness is so subtle. I still don't know how I felt about the ending though.

The invention of lying: So, this movie set a personal record for me. Never before have I given up on a movie 10minutes in. After hearing the same joke muttered 5000 times without even smirking once, I gave up.
    It's a piece of trash, and not even in a fun way.

Finding Forrester: Fantastic movie. Both key characters have amazing chemistry, and while the main antagonist is a bit exaggerated it still made for a fun feel-good movie.

Into the wild: Yeah, I hadn't seen that movie into recently. Sue me. I didn't like it at first as it came off as a pretentious piece of crap, but it grew on me as it went on. All the characters were really colorful in their own way, and the protagonists story was definitely endearing until the end.

The wrestler: Even though it had little action in it, what little it had was hard to watch. This was a fantastic movie, with a great cast of characters. It was intense, and depressing as hell, but by god was it great.

Butterfly effect: Gave up on it 40 minutes in. It relied so much on shock value and exaggerated characters I was actually starting to argue with the movie as it went on. I don't watch movies that make me that frustrated and annoyed. Major disappointment.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jessica Chastain is nothing impressive. She cannot carry a film though granted the film was uninspiring anyway. I have no idea why film critics are lapping her up. The only scenes where she shows a depth of emotion is when she briefly yells at at an analyst and then the last scene. The only thing I did find interesting about her was her butt chin which I stared at for most of that boring film.

Speaking of boring: Lincoln and it was also melodramatic. I tried to force myself to like it because it's Spielberg and Daniel Day but I just could not.

Argo was't accurate but at least it was enjoyable.

I cannot say the same for Les Miserables which was awkward and cringeworthy. Anne did a good job but wtf at the direction. Ruined a good play.

I have yet to see Beasts of the Southern Wild but I will most likely like it going by clips I have seen.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just watched The Princess Bride yesterday for the first time. It was quite cheesy, but enjoyable to watch.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    I just watched The Princess Bride yesterday for the first time. It was quite cheesy, but enjoyable to watch.
    The Princess Bride is never cheesy! It's probably one of my favourite scripts of all time. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. Glad you enjoyed it though, Proto!

It also has the best sword fight in any film of all time, ever, in the eternity of film, ever... of all time.

Westley: Give us the gate key.
    Yellin: I have no gate key.
    Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, tear his arms off.
    Yellin: Oh, you mean *this* gate key.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Django Unchained
    It was fun to watch but it's sort of obvious that Tarantino cared less about pushing artistic boundaries with this and more about just doing something he'd have fun with. Which is A-OK in my book, because Tarantino just dicking around is still more creative and energetic than most films that you see hitting theaters. Still, the plot wasn't terribly strong and the dialog lacked the sort of intensity you'd expect from him; nothing terribly memorable here, aside from the KKK scene, which was totally unnecessary but had me almost rolling on the floor laughing.

I can't say I was disappointed, because I wanted a Tarantino film, and I certainly got one. But after the relatively challenging opuses (opii?) that were Inglorious Basterds and the Kill Bill saga in the 2000s, Django was lacking, never reaching the heights that his other films did. But I was still totally engaged for the entirety of the runtime, which was a lot longer than it felt while watching everything on screen. I'd give it an easy 7/10.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    The Princess Bride is never cheesy! It's probably one of my favourite scripts of all time. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. Glad you enjoyed it though, Proto!

It also has the best sword fight in any film of all time, ever, in the eternity of film, ever... of all time.

Westley: Give us the gate key.
    Yellin: I have no gate key.
    Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, tear his arms off.
    Yellin: Oh, you mean *this* gate key.
    Yeah, the dialogues were great!

Buttercup: You can die for all I care! *pushes Man in Black*
    Man in Black: Assssss yoooouuu wiiiiiissssh!!!!! *tumbling downhill*
    Buttercup: Oh my sweet Westley, what have I done?

Apparently, I have been declared banished.