Page 20 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526304070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This Is It

Basically a collection of all the rehearsal footage for MJ's concerts he was going to do before he died. Quite excellent really. I'm happy they focused solely on him being alive and didn't turn it into a depressing tribute film where everyone talks about him in past tense. It felt like a normal behind the scenes documentary. The concert would have been actually pretty awesome, I really loved some of the specail effects they were using and the costumes. MJ still had all his moves and was quite impressive for a guy in his fifties.

Great music collection with beautiful numbers. It was also really interesting to see how involved MJ was in making everything a reality. I had heard he was a control freak but seeing him in action was a sight to behold. An overall, really good film.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5FYahzVU44">Precious</a>. Traumatizing.

The House of the Devil. It was made in 2009 but takes places in and looks like it was made in (on purpose) the 80's. It had glowing reviews, but honestly I wasn't that into it. Like 50% of it is a girl walking through a house and turning on lights and then turning them off again. I don't mind slow pace that builds up suspense but after a while it wasn't working anymore, then the "pay off" was not good and the ending stupid. Oh well :desu:

Big Trouble in Little China on Blu Ray. Quality 4/5.
    I will never be a memory.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Garbage, utter garbage. Typical Hollywood movie filled with explosions and CGI and not much else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post

Garbage, utter garbage. Typical Hollywood movie filled with explosions and CGI and not much else.
    I actually watched it yesterday and got a headache I gave it 5/10 for the CGI that were pretty good but it's the type of film it would do wonders hidden XD

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Purple Rose of Cairo
    Wonderful and heartbreaking. Some aspects of it are weak, but if you're someone who likes getting lost in the magic of movies, it's hard not to relate to Cecilia. It definitely struck a chord with me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpiUUFewhu4">The Girlfriend Experience</a>. Sasha Grey really deserved a better movie.

Precious. Pretty uh good movie but it had no real storyline...just a year in the horrible life of a teenage girl but fricken intense.

Blog Entries

My response is apparently very different from other people.
    I LIKE it.
    I would buy it.
    But don't get me wrong: The storyline is poor, the acting is barely on par to the quality of many other movies, and the CGI is spectacularly trashy...
    But it was FUN. The silliness of the entire movie was just enough for me to giggle the whole way through.
    Rating is moot.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRmpIwJQLFw">Noriko's Dinner Table</a>. Let's be rabbits again.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Love Me If You Dare. It was fantastic.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQQF68p7zns">Love Exposure</a>. The best movie I have ever seen.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

My Sister's Keeper. Amazing movie. Heartbreaking, but great. Soundtrack was perfect for the movie too.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Land of the Lost!

I thought it was pretty entertaining. I love Will Ferrell though. It made me laughs.