Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23242464748495051525354555657586272102 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Remember Me

*** out of *****

It's was a okay movie with a twist at the end.....

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Blind Side

6/10

Finally got to see this after renting it for 1 dollar at a vending machine called redbox. I thought it was a decent and heartfelt film. It would have been a bit more interesting if they went in depth with his past a little more instead cutting to quick flashbacks sporadically and then cutting back. I don't think Sandra Bullock was bad in her role -- I just don't see what earned her the Best Actress Oscar over the other nominees.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Remember Me

*** out of *****

It's was a okay movie with a twist at the end.....
    I didn't see this movie because it looked boring in the trailers and Pierce has a weird New York accent, but I read up on it to see what the twist was. It's a messed up ending, but makes the film seem more interesting.

Smiley Face

Stoner movie with Anna Faris. Although everything is exaggerated to the extreme...ty movie, even if you smoke.

Friday

I think I need to be black and have grown up in the hood to understand this movies humor.

The Bad Sleep Well - The first half is dull to due to the strange structure, but really picks up later on. Deeply depressing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Creepshow 2

5/10

So, this year I saw Creepshow (the first one) for the first time in a very nice theater. I decided to give Creepshow 2 a shot even though it is an 80s horror filled with lots of really cheesy things. Half way into it my eyes lit up because I realized it was the movie I had been searching for for 10+ years! I told my dad when I was about six or so about a movie we had rented that I couldn't remember the name of. I described the movie as, "horror with a gunk that eats people and a statue Indian that kills people." And he was just like, "wut." Finally, after all this years I discovered what that movie was and I must say, it was underwhelming. xD I like the first Creepshow better because it had more stories and it was just better imo.
    Was this the Creepshow with King's "The Raft" in it? I loved the short story, and the film version was pretty good too! I'm almost positive it was in Creepshow 2. Also, did Creepshow 2 have the story about that creature in the crate in the university? That one creeps me out!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, it was the same one with "The Raft", "The Hitchhiker", and "The Statue".

The first Creepshow had the one about the creature in the crate. That one is by far the scariest imo although I think story wise, the one with the beach was the best.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The Crate was filmed on CMU campus, my old alma mater. Funny, I don't remember ever hearing about monsters in the basement when I went to school there.

I can hold my breath for a long looong time!

Eclipse. We learn that vampires sparkle because they're made of porcelain... or something.
    Last edited by LowCaloriePie; 07-01-2010 at 05:44 PM.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Youth in Revolt: 3/10. Some of the dialogue was decent, but the movie was just boring. I didn't finish it because it was ridiculously stupid and Michael Cera disappoints me again. He cannot deliver lines in anything but a monotone voice.

Alice in Wonderland: 4/10. I fell asleep about an hour in. This would either be due to absolute boredom with the movie or the fact that I got only a couple hours of sleep last night. Either way, it was not that good and Depp should stop working with Burton.

ichigo

Shrek the Final Chapter

It was good/cute movie Next movie i wanna check out is Toy Story 3

"This is a long dream, Isn't it Jack?" - Holli Would

Blog Entries

The Karate Kid the new one

Just awesome. Jaden Smith is the real surprise package here. I was pretty skeptical of what his performance would be like when I heard mum and dad were producing the film, but I think he really delivers here. For a martial arts film, he gives us a good, solid, believable acting performance. I was also impressed to see all the famous fight scenes reimagined not just recreated, especially when it comes to the final fight.

I've only ever watched the original Karate Kid once so I really only remember it for the iconic scenes that everyone knows, so I can't really say if this is better than the original. It is definitely able to stand on it's own though.

It's also pretty damn long.

4/5

Articles
    Blog Entries

Toy Story 3

Everything I wanted it to be and more. It was well worth the wait and I was struggling to hold back tears at the end.

5/5

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Toy Story 3!

I smurfing loved this movie, so much. I'll admit, I was either on the verge of tears or actually crying throughout most of the movie. That once scene at the end totally got to me too. You guys know which scene.

An amazing movie, if anyone hasn't seen it, SEE IT!

The Last Airbender. The movie's not great by any stretch of the imagination but it's certainly no 6% as posted on Rotten Tomatoes.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Leaving Las Vegas

Story of a guy (Nicolas Cage) who loses both his family and job, and decides to move to Las Vegas to slowly drink himself to death. When he gets there he meets a prostitute (Elisabeth Shue) and they develop a relationship together based on the rule that she won't tell him to stop drinking and he won't tell her to stop whoring. Obviously there's a lot more to it than that but in the off chance that someone reads this and decides to watch the movie, then I don't want to spoil it. This was a really excellent and well acted movie - Cage and Shue were brilliant in their roles and I'm probably going to get the DVD at some point in the near future. Can't believe I'd overlooked it for so long.