Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimata

Default Ultimatum

World of Warcraft, Reason for Divorce - Addicted gamer loses his wife for raids and levels - Softpedia

I was reading this article, and it made me think, while I dont sympathize with this guy, alot of the time when you hear of guys leaving their wife/girlfriend over video games is because they always pull out the "it's me or the games" card, and you know I can really understand why alot of guys would choose the latter when presented with this.

So that brings me to the point of the topic, Ultimatums, how do you feel about them? How do you react to them?
    Last edited by Crimson; 08-17-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Ultimatums as a last resort are completely acceptable, that poor chick was just stuck wasting her time, and she gave him a chance, an option, a choice whatever, sad what the world has come to that a person would choose a game instead of human interaction
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    Ultimatums as a last resort are completely acceptable, that poor chick was just stuck wasting her time, and she gave him a chance, an option, a choice whatever, sad what the world has come to that a person would choose a game instead of human interaction
    His raid mates were probably nicer But I agree, she was wasting her time with him. I mean 6:30 PM to sometime in the AM. Come on, she gets some kudos for trying for six years though.

Anyway ultimatums annoy me. Every time I get presenting with one, I tend to pick the opposite out of spite. But that's why I hang out with other gamers.

Lawl.

Not surprising. I've told my husband before that if I ever divorced him, it would be because of WoW, hands down. After that talk though (in which there was an ultimatium placed) WoW's still what he (and myself) do for fun, but it's now on the bottom of what's more important in the house and in life.

WoW's the devil that we love to hate.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Pink Grin LOL

Talk about desperate, id hate to be married to a Lvl 56 Troll.

Seriously, that man has issues, I love games and I sometimes stay up late to play games, but only like when Im so close to doing something etc.

I'm a gamer but I don't spend insane amount of time on my console.... Primarily I realize that its just an escapist place from me, and just to take some pressure off of me....

Never really did like playing online games and certainly never touched WoW...

She did what was fair and right...

Ultimatums are just what they are..The LAST RESORT of CHOICE; One being good, the other bad....

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

<3 Ultimatums

I don't feel sorry for this guy. Playing that long is not healthy for his relationship with his family.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

An ultimatum like that should never be a first resort but it's pretty clear that it wasn't for her. I don't blame her for it.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

My brother's wife always talks about how when he got Oblivion, he played it for hours upon hours everyday. Of course, he didn't play it anywhere near as much as this guy, and he and the missus still frequently went out and spent time with each other.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

A friend of mine dumped his girlfriend because she required too much attention. He would go to school (game development course), and come home to where she wait for him, and all he wanted to do was relax and play video games. She confronted him about this one day, which is when he dumped her. She had to stay in his house until the next day, when a friend of hers picked her up.
    So she goes home to mama; she lived oh, about an 3 hour drive away from his house. She’s there for, I don’t know, a couple of weeks or so? Getting along or whatever. All of a sudden, he begs her to come back, and instead of telling him to smurf himself, she sure enough goes back to him.
    Well, the funny part is these days he hasn’t changed. Oh, it’s not really funny. But I haven’t really got the permissions to explain it to you

Blog Entries

At only 15 dollars a month, he's probably getting a cheaper deal!

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    :twak:

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post

Girls have a much better cost to value ratio though.

I've played oblivion a LOT when i first got it and my gf said somthing about it but i didnt play it that much and it was only for about 3 weeks or so untill the new wore off. Most of the time i think i would rather play with my GF than with a game

Who changed the topic title to Ultimata?

O_o

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I agree that an ultimatum should be a last resort. The article doesn't really go into what other discussions there were before she left him, but I would hope she doesn't see it as such a black-and-white issue. It's perfectly healthy to play a moderate amount of video games, if you keep a measure of sane priorities.