Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finished Final Fantasy X. Ending not so epic...

yeah it was pretty bad but it leads up to a totally awesome squeal 10-2 is much better check it out

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

At least you knew why you were fighting the (SPOILER) little tick looking yu-yevon. That's more than can be said for some of the other FFs.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by auronlu View Post
    Shattered Dreamer: That was actually part of why I loved the ending of FFX the most. It was a non-standard, non-clichéd storybook ending, much like the end of LOTR, where the world is saved, but not for Frodo.

Have you played FFX-2? I suspect you might feel differently about the ending of FFX if you knew what happened later...
    Yeah I've finished FFX-2 & the ending does give more closure to the story. But this thread is about the FFX ending which sucked

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by auronlu View Post
    Shattered Dreamer: That was actually part of why I loved the ending of FFX the most. It was a non-standard, non-clichéd storybook ending, much like the end of LOTR, where the world is saved, but not for Frodo.

Have you played FFX-2? I suspect you might feel differently about the ending of FFX if you knew what happened later...
    Yeah I've finished FFX-2 & the ending does give more closure to the story. But this thread is about the FFX ending which sucked
    I have to disagree with you and agree with most of the people posting in this thread.

Final Fantasy X had a great ending. Even though I liked IX's happy ending, I think X's bittersweet one was very original for an FF. It was nice and refreshing and it was the first video game ending during which I felt tears gather in my eyes. Even though the whole game was rather... mediocre, the ending was magnificent...

Which brings us to X-2. Don't get me wrong. I consider this game great... But only because of the gameplay. Pretty much every other element sucked. So did the ending. It just ruined everything Final Fantasy X established... Meh... Now this is sad...

Also, I liked the final battle, if only for the music (the piano version is just plain awesome).

I felt like if the ending to FFX were different then it would not have fit at all and therefore been worse. The entire storyline made you know that was going to happen long before it actually did, which was my only complaint really, but I wasnt sure Square would actually go through with it. At least they actually had the decency to do what they should have done 5 mins into IX (SPOILER)by killing the main character.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    I felt like if the ending to FFX were different then it would not have fit at all and therefore been worse. The entire storyline made you know that was going to happen long before it actually did, which was my only complaint really, but I wasnt sure Square would actually go through with it. At least they actually had the decency to do what they should have done 5 mins into IX (SPOILER)by killing the main character.
    You take that back! Zidane was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    You take that back! Zidane was awesome
    Nope never I was hoping that vine at the end was going straight through his face. I actually felt let down when I saw he lived, which made me care even less for FFIX (somehow).

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

thats sacralidge........

the only true let down when it comes to final bosses, is cloud vs sephiroth. sure the battle could be easy but, all it let you do was push x or o twice, it should have just been one of ff7s great cine clips, and then yuffie and vince just friggen vanish only to by the grace of jehova reappear in AC... or you were like me and after seeing vince in AC you shouted Who the smurf is that?

[back on topic]
    Zidane is by far the greatest FF hero to ever exist, c'mon hes a pervert and has a monkey tail, and boycotts the traditional (main party charecter must have long sword crap).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    thats sacralidge........

the only true let down when it comes to final bosses, is cloud vs sephiroth. sure the battle could be easy but, all it let you do was push x or o twice, it should have just been one of ff7s great cine clips, and then yuffie and vince just friggen vanish only to by the grace of jehova reappear in AC... or you were like me and after seeing vince in AC you shouted Who the smurf is that?

[back on topic]
    Zidane is by far the greatest FF hero to ever exist, c'mon hes a pervert and has a monkey tail, and boycotts the traditional (main party charecter must have long sword crap).
    Plus, he's a breath of fresh air after Cloud and Squall's inner pain and anguish :rolleyes2

More like Tidus was a breath of fresh air after Zidane

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tidus was a whiny %^$#. I can't get the obnoxious "I WANT FOOD!" out of my head

Also, Zidane wasn't after just Cloud and Squall since FFT came out in between those 2 titles, and Ramza was pretty awesome himself. Tidus grew on me, and I liked him a lot more than stupid monkeyboy. Even though I saw it coming for like the last 3rd-4th of the story (just like how I found it completely obvious about Auron when he casually refused to go into the Farplane when you first got to it), I still didn't want the ending to be the way it was, but in FFIX I was praying for that tree to crush Zidane b/c graffiti on the tree woulda been the best use of that main chara ever. >:]

Wow, you really hate Zidane, don't cha buddy?

I just finished the game today...and its the most depressing, bittersweet ending i've ever encountered in a game. A very good ending, nonetheless.

I've been hearing mixed feelings about X-2. Should I continue on and play it or just pretend it never exists?
    How does one use fire?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Give it a chance, -kuri-. I disliked it but that doesn't mean everybody will. It's impossible to tell what you'll think of it!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Yu Yevon battle wasn't amazing, though it did have good music. I quite liked that idea that you had to take on and defeat (SPOILER)all the Aeons to remove them. Not difficult, but in terms of the overall story I quite liked it. Also nice as one last hurrah for the Aeons that have been with you through your adventure.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.