Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Finished the Rebuild. Much better than the original TV ending (which i catch no ball) and the end of Evangelion (which was so sad). This one is better not just the ending but the character and story development. Shinji and his dad are still trout which is consistent, but the glasses girl really spices things up in a way.

Yay to a happier ending! Yay!!

The last one can use more action sequences though.

I'm glad that actually used glasses girl for something. I was a bit miffed by what they did with Rei, but I recently re-watched Rebuild and IDK... it worked out in the end?

I am overall very satisfied with Rebuild, even if it took almost 20 years. I was really worried it would not meet even base expectations but its really good and when I finished the last episode i genuinely felt a wave of relief... it was over (SPOILER) lmao it will never be over

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I actually watched them both back to back not too long ago. I definitely preferred Rebuild. It was somewhat less confusing and ended in a more satisfactory way. Still hella confusing though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If you did not read the backstory about the seed of life...etc, that is where the confusion starts. I can never understand it as a kid.