Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Someone should make a UFC/MMA thread"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hermes Franca

Men with pink hair deserve victory by default.

EDIT: Cro Cop

EDIT2: Ace

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Was a pretty good card for mine although it petered out towards the end. Escudero's KO was awesome, loved the slam he smashed Miller with before it as well. Griffin taught Franca how to actually throw a punch, Kamp Mann got smashed up by a Brit on debut which was nice. Made a mockery of the fact that Swick/Kampmann was supposed to decide the #1 contender to fight GSP. Mirko got murked which is fairly gutted. He looks totally past it. Belfort nailed Franklin although the whole hammerfist to the back of the head doesn't seem all that above board to me, not that I care much. Franklin got taken in like a minute hahahaha.

Now, god damn roll on October 24th and give me Machida/Shogun already

I was surprised Griffin knew how to win w/o it going to decision, its about time. I called every fight I think except for Cro Cop, but that was probably just me still hoping for another big run from him

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Belfort v. Franklin was well dodgy imho, the guy was pretty done anyway but not sure that hammerfist to the back of the head should have been allowed.

Kampmann got utterly destroyed and it was glorious though.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

So I'm just now watching UFC 102, and holy crap that Marquardt KO punch has to be one of the best knockouts I've seen. First punch even! Jesus.

Penny Arcade! - The Ball Region

It needed posting.

That said, I do enjoy a good UFC fight now and then. not a major fan though.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Wow..

I am watching UFC 56 and not remembering anything. This is painful. I will not be up to date for an entire month here.

Also on my to-do list is to watch ufc 1-20 again. Those fights are the coolest from a historical perspective -- people just learning about MMA and how BJJ ruled traditional fighting styles. Good stuff.

Blog Entries

I've never watched UFC, but I'm taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes, which apparently pops up in UFC a lot. It's fun if you imagine you're a pretzel, and your opponent is a baker. Then being helpless doesn't feel quite as bad!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

It does pop up quite a bit in the UFC, but look at my profile picture if you want to see what happened to the supposed "best BJJ artist in MMA today" at UFC 102. (21 seconds into the first round, to be precise.)

That abberation aside though yeah it is good watching the BJJ guys do their stuff. I am more a fan of submission work on the ground than GnP.

Blog Entries

Wow.

I'm not exactly one to speak, just being a beginner when it comes to martial arts, and barely watching this newfangled UFC stuffs, but it seems odd that the BJJ guy tried to open with a kick. But like I said, I'm just a beginner, so I'm not one to talk.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

hahah yeah basically he is a real sick BJJ guy but everyone was going on about him being one dimensional and stuff so he ended up working his standup and then yeah. It didn't quite work out. I think he wanted to sort of prove himself a bit against one of the more noted fighters in the UFC and well, fair play to him but he didn't do it right. But it was pretty much an abberation like I said I doubt it would happen again.

it is pretty good to get a well rounded game in case that sort of thing happens though. Before that fight he was undefeated like 10-0 with all wins by submission I think so his BJJ must have been working pretty well for him up to that point. also he was fighting a very high level fighter in Nate the Great. I mean all this being said when you get someone who has nothing BJJ wise in them and they get taken to ground they usually get raped pretty badly.

really it's just a sick KO and I felt like advertising it a bit xD shouldn't take it as a straight guide of how BJJ fares in the UFC or mma at all for that matter.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah that's probably a once-in-a-career type KO. More just awesome and hilarious to watch than a statement of how submission fighters fare (as the good ones can do quite well in the UFC).

I cant wait for rogers vs fedor, its going to be awesome!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Shogun was smurfing robbed.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Is UFC... what is it, 104 done already? I just got 103 downloaded and haven't even been able to watch it yet. I will catch up... one of these days.