Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Someone should make a UFC/MMA thread"

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

It was clearly the yes cartwheel. and it was clearly genius.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

i smurfing love diego

And yet those answers do nothing to alleviate the confusion...

However he is now my favorite.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

DIEGO FOR PRESIDENTE

If Diego loses tonight UFC has a serious problem with their lw division imo. They need someone to contend with Penn, and atm Diego's the only one they have. They also have the problem of their fighters keep getting injured and have to keep pulling out of fights, which is why other than this they havent been able to announce title fights for forever now. Strikeforce is getting an overwhelming amount of talent, but they have the problem of finding ways to pay these fightings (another story for another day I guess). Anyway, regarding tonight's main card:

I hope Sanchez wins
    Kongo breaks Mir's jaw to shut him up for a while
    GO FITCH PLEASE FINISH THIS ONE
    picking Florian but like both him and Guida
    calling Struve by submission

Even though UFC hasnt had a title fight in a while their cards have been pretty good lately. Hopefully this one wont disappoint, and I highly doubt that it will

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Well that sucked.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah the main event fights were disappointing, especially Kongo lasting all of 20 seconds. But Florian v. Guida was exciting; Guida looked like he had five gallons of blood dumped on him.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Florian/Guida would have been good apart from the bit where Florian won, which is one of the most depressing occurances in MMA. Dude is a giant twat.

Every fighter I wanted to win lost last night, only thing I enjoyed about the entire evening was Belcher coming out in pink shorts and with redneck cornrows. Being manhandled by Sexyama did good things to him.

Other than that, night to forget. Diego

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I finally got around to watching 108. Evans is great at winning points and doing sod all else. The last two minutes were fairly entertaining, but Silva seemed more intent on showboating than actually trying to win, which may have lost him the match since Evans seemed pretty out of it.

Oh well, there were some exciting knockouts/submissions in the earlier fights. I had never even heard of a reverse triangle before.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 01-12-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Something I'm late to saying, as someone who began studying Jiu-Jitsu fairly recently, is that when you can roll around with sweaty men of all shapes and sizes striving to reach "mount position", pushing their arms against your crotch so hard it'll break their arms, and all the while deny being gay...

That is truly when you appreciate something for what it is rather than its outward appearance!
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 01-12-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: The first message was dumb lol

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

People act like the close contact of MMA is some new revolution of professional fighting or something equally ridiculous, but wrestling has been around for centuries and exclusively involves grappling.

Blog Entries

I have to admit, it does come off as very modern. Perhaps it's because it's been with us for so long that it can seem so new.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Hahaha Paulo Thiago learned One Trick.

Nate the Great

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

So I watched 109. Some of my thoughts while I was watching it:

I enjoyed watching Frank Trigg get beat down (again). Has he won a fight, ever? I only see him losing, at least since he lost twice against Matt Hughes way back when.

I don't think I've ever before heard of the choke Thiago used.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen someone bleed so much from one strike. Chael's nose turned Nate Marquardt red. Nate made the ending interesting, but the rest of the fight still dominated by Sonnen.

45 and 46? Jesus, get these geezers some walkers or something. Coleman even looks ancient. And then Randy does his usual routine of standing up by the cage and I fell asleep. And then he finishes it in the second round because Coleman was worn out from missing his nap. "This is the best Randy has ever looked striking?" Seriously? If he had some legit competition he might have to actually work for those punches. Terrible main event. Are we going to get a good one anytime soon?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raisin
    Terrible main event. Are we going to get a good one anytime soon?
    UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez

UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy

UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Gomi

UFC 112: was supposed to be Anderson vs Vitor but Vitor got crocked. Apparently now it is going to be Anderson vs Damian Maia which I can only assume is going to end horribly for Maia, but it should be entertaining.

UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2

And those are just the main events. 110 is a Pride fans wet dream, with Cro Cop vs Ben Rothwell and Wandy vs Bisping both on the card, 111 also has the Mir vs Carwin scheduled for the Heavyweight interim belt, 112 has BJ defending against Edgar and Matt Hughes vs Renzo Gracie and as for 113, Machida vs Shogun could make the entire card for me. Looks like they'll slot Semtex vs Koscheck on that card as well which would be sweet. 114 rumoured to have Rampage vs Rashad and Griffin vs Lil Nog as well. Loads of good matchups that i've glossed over as well. 109 was the last dross event, every card from now until at least June looks to be stacked, barring injuries. Good times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisin
    I don't think I've ever before heard of the choke Thiago used
    Finished him with a D'arce choke didn't he? Fairly certain Big Nog had one on Randy in their fight at 102. Is a sweet looking choke.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    109 was the last dross event, every card from now until at least June looks to be stacked, barring injuries. Good times ahead.
    Yeah, that lineup looks awesome. I'm looking forward to them! Some of the recent UFCs have been very "meh."

Finished him with a D'arce choke didn't he? Fairly certain Big Nog had one on Randy in their fight at 102. Is a sweet looking choke.
    Yep. I don't think I'd ever seen it before, but it is a sweet looking choke. Thiago put Swick to sleep in like 5 seconds.