Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Someone should make a UFC/MMA thread"

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

One Trick looks horrible at Welterweight though, he is cutting far too much and should move back up to MW. not that I particularly care I think he is an overrated turd, but he's not going to cut it at WW in the UFC. Top level guys will eat him.

Thiago is looking great every time I see him though, starting to become a fan of his. Hope he gets the next shot at GSP after Hardy (love Dan Hardy and would love him to cane GSP but...nah.)

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Double post but it's everyone elses fault for not posting anything.

110 this saturday, severely pumped for it, don't think i've been this excited for a fight card before. Loads of my favourites, loads of legends, great matchups, should be a cracking evening.

anyway I fancy getting some predicitions on the go for these events, should be a laugh (between me, Paul and Raisin most likely but w/e). Won't bother with the prelims, only the main card, just a bit of fun. I'll go first:

This card is going to be god damn awesome don't care what anyone tries to tell me otherwise.

For mine:

Big Nog vs Velasquez: I will never bet against Big Nog. Probably biased because he's by far my favourite fighter, but I don't think Cain is going to lay on enough of a beating to put the man away, his head is made of granite. Don't know what round it'll be in but at some point Velasquez is taking Nog down, going for G'n'P and leaving himself open,so I'm taking Big Nog via armbar from the bottom.

Wanderlei vs Bisping: This definitely has the potential to be FotN, although it'll depend highly on how Bisping goes for it imho. If Wandy catches him early with a flush shot I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him retreat into his shell and start jogging around the cage like he did against Hendo until he gets sparked. On the other hand Wandy is older now and in dire form, and has a layoff from surgery. God knows how he's going to perform, especially coming down to 185. That said I'd probably like nothing more than to see him come storming back to form and godzilla walk all over Bispings face, love Wanderlei so much, probably second favourite guy after Big Nog. Hard one to call though, could go either way for mine. I think the longer this fight lasts the better it plays out for Bisping, his pace and style will eventually overwhelm Wandy if the fight drags out. If Wandy is going to win it is going to be fast and it's going to be brutal imho. Heart is telling me that Bisping will be too much for Wandy and get the TKO victory late in the second but, it's a coin toss.

Joe asshat Stevenson vs George Sotiropoulos: Half looking forward to this fight and half not. Love Sotiropoulos watching his ground work is always amazing, but he's going up against probably the stiffest test of his Career right now. His BJJ is great but I don't think he has the power in his boxing (though it is crisp and technically sound by MMA standards) or takedowns to put Stevenson on his back. Can't stand Stevenson either he is a complete turd, would love to see him get wasted by George but can't see it happening personally. Joe Stevenson to top control his way to a UD. Prove me wrong George.

Keith Jardine vs Ryan Bader: Should be a decent fight, good test for Ryan Bader against one of the LHW's foremost gatekeepers. I honesly don't see Bader smurfing about much in this one, so far in his career he's pretty much stuck with what brought him to the dance and I don't see that changing much. Don't think much of Jardine either personally. Darth Bader to stick with his wrestling base, take him down, wear him out and then pound him down late in the first.

Cro Cop vs Ben Rothwell: Looking forward to this one actually. Every man and his dog has been banging on about CC being done, old, washed up etc and laying out the game plan to beat him, circle away from the head kick and out box him. Personally, can't see Rothwell being the type to implement a gameplan, especially after his last fight with Velasquez, I'm expecting him to underrate CC and come out aggressively. Cro Cop wins this via crater to the skull and the MMA community to collectively jizz its pants.

WAR BIG NOG! WAR WANDERLEI!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Cain Velasquez will smash Big Nog to a pulp. He is a really tough fighter who can defeat many men, and Big Nog is just a lump of cheese who is there for the taking. It's an easy one to pick.

Wanderlei Silva will defeat Michael Bisping because Michael Bisping is basically just a northern chimp. Representing the UK my arse. I want to see Semtex or Hardy fight him. Although I hope he wins just so I can see his failure son come into the Octagon and start kicking the air again.

George Sotiropoulos because I am never, ever, ever, picking Joe smurfing Daddy to win anything other than "World's Biggest Cockgobbler".

Ryan Bader will dick Jardine. You'll see.

Cro Cop will launch that big fat redneck all the way to Nebraska as far as I am concerned.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Big Nog vs Velasquez: Sorry, Dan, I gotta go with Psy on this one; I like Velasquez in this fight.

Wanderlei vs Bisping: I really don't like Bisping. He has some good skills, but if Silva can tag him early, I think he'll have a tough time catching up.

Joe Stevenson vs George Sotiropoulos: I've liked George when I've seen him fight, so I'll go with him.

Keith Jardine vs Ryan Bader: Keith Jardine is a pirate and you can never bet against pirates.

Cro Cop vs Ben Rothwell: Rothwell is new to the UFC so I haven't seen much from him, but he got beat by Velasquez, so I'll bet for the same to happen against Cro Cop.

Articles

My predictions =

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

My thoughts on 110:

Did Perosh land a single punch? That was 2 rounds of utter ass-kicking by Cro Cop.

Oh, Jardine. You don't seem to win much, but you are still a crazy pirate to me!

Sotiropoulos had an excellent ground game and really took it to Stevenson, though it was a bit more even after a dominant first round.

Silva v. Bisping was real close, but I agreed entirely with the judges, 29-28 Silva (Bisping narrowly winning the first round). The 3rd round was absolutely dead-even until the last 10 seconds, when Silva stole it away.

Velasquez has some power. Big Nog = lights out.

Articles

HA HA HA

FRANK MIR

HA HA HA

that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    HA HA HA

FRANK MIR

HA HA HA

that is all.
    That ref was a joke. Mir was out before he hit the ground. I don't understand why he made carwin continue to pound on him. He was clearly out.

and the St. Pierre vs Harden match was a snore fest. but you have to give harden credit for his heart. He would have broken his arm before he tapped out. And him messing with bruce buffer in the begining was hilarious.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Frank Mir getting his head caved in by a giant wrestler again was one of the best things I have ever seen, afaic the ref is a hero for letting him get pounded so long because he's an awful and a terrible person. I also loved that Carwin basically won with Tekken wall-hit spam, held him up against the cage and just tapped the weak attack buttons until he decided to waste him, sheer genius.

St. Pierre vs Hardy was awesome, GSP's takedowns, transitions and sub attempts were all awesome, and Dan Hardy must have nads the size of watermelons that were carved out of granite and grafted onto him as a baby to last the distance in that fight. It was a shame he landed like zero offence but he ain't been the first and probably won't be the last to do so against GSP. My only problem with his performance was that he never really threw caution to the wind, I know he is primarly a counter puncher but after the first three rounds he would have had to know that a stoppage was the only way he could win the fight, and especially considering his lack of giving a smurf about nearly having his limbs wrecked I would have liked to see him just say smurf it and go ape with his strikes. Especially in the last round when his corner gave him stupid advice, I would have been telling him to throw elbows like a madman from standing, top and bottom positions and try and cut GSP up. Fight came a bit too soon for him anyway, he'll only improve from here. Want to see him against Kampmann or Thiago Alves next, then after that if he wins Kos/Fitch.

Rest of the card was pretty , quite disappointing. Gutted Thiago Alves had to pull out, would have loved to see him tool Fitch.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Thoughts on 111:

Miller won? Really? Bocek definitely won round 2, and while I did think 1 and 3 were pretty much toss-ups, I was not expecting both to go to Miller.

Pellegrino’s slam from being choked was great. And he’s Batman.

Carwin beat the crap out of Mir, which made my night. I don’t know anything about Carwin, but I don’t like Mir.

How the smurf did Hardy survive that armbar in the first round? It looked like GSP was about to let go after a couple of seconds because everyone taps out then.

Jesus Christ, does Dan Hardy even feel pain? GSP just yanking his arm behind his back for like 20 seconds. Give Hardy a drug test after this fight. I guess GSP might have been doing something technically wrong and not sinking it right, but still. It just put off the inevitable, though; GSP is ridiculous.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah me and J both had Bocek winning, was surprised that Miller won that one.

Also no, Hardy just has giant gonads. He's never been finished in his entire career so I would say he's just a tough son of a bitch. I thought his arm was totally broken though it was sick when it popped and twisted round, but fair play to the man. Can't wait to see him in the future.

Also, GSP really needs to move up to MW. He's killed everyone at WW and there is no one on the planet at that weight that will ever be able to touch him. Seeing him go up to MW against bigger and stronger guys will be the real test of his skill, if he can still out wrestle and dominate guys at MW then I think he would have to go down as the GOAT for sure.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

112 had all the potential in the world to be awesome but turned out to be quite dire. Gutted that Belfort was injured, would have been way better than the horse :bou::bou::bou::bou: we got with Silva and Maia. Seeing BJ Penn lose the title was pretty funny though, he didn't turn up at all last night. Phil Davis Anaconda choke was nice, probably the best thing about the night.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah, Silva should have been warned for that crap way earlier than he did :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was also told to get UFC Undisputed and I'm still not convinced it's worth the time. But, I do like me some fighting games.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Undisputed is probably the most fun fighting game I've ever played in my life, if they make some big improvements in the next installment which is coming out very soon then it's definitely worth picking up