Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: "Someone should make a UFC/MMA thread"

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Just watched 140. It is a terrible, horrible crime that Mir won, especially after getting my hopes up for his face getting smashed in (and poor Big Nog's arm). Machida also looked like he could stand with Jones for... one round, and then got choked out while standing up. The 3-second TKO of the first fight was also notable.

It looks like Lesnar is the main bout for 141. Any chance he's gotten over his tendency of folding at the first hint of contact?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I specifically did not watch 140, because of what could happen. I am glad now I didn't. If I saw that happen to Big Nog I probably would have commit suicide. Please Uncle Dana make Mir fight Brock after Ubereem kills him so we can see that face on him again. In fact no, Mirs on a 3 fight win streak now. Put him in against JDS. Imagine what JDS would do to Frank Mir normally, let alone after what he's done to Nog. FEED HIM TO JDS NOW

also, Hendo/Shogun, best fight ever. God I love Hendo. and Shogun. Hendo to kill Jones and rid us of the ponce forever. I believe.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I heard that JDS is next set for the winner of Brock/Overeem, but watching him go to town on Mir would indeed be glorious.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Just watched 141, which had a couple of very quick fights. Lesnar continues to be a big baby, though admittedly Overeem's knees probably would have permanently caved in my ribs. Hendricks had a big KO at 12 seconds, and Gustafsson also won in the first round, making 3 of 5 fights end in round 1. The two fights that went to decision were still good fights with lots of striking.

UFC 142 is in less than two weeks. Jesus, these things go by quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing Edgar again in 144.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Dan and Psy need to post more again in this thread. Yes, I'm looking at you chumps.

I just got around to watching UFC 143, and while it did not have the most exciting matchups in terms of the people involved, there were some good fights. No TKOs, but there was lot of standup and a lot of punches thrown. I was mildly impressed with the judges in the Diaz vs. Condit main event, as even though Diaz really pushed the pace in the first 3 rounds, he really wasn't able to do much. Condit really was the one landing hits, and the disparity was especially clear in the last couple of rounds.

I'm looking forward to 144 in a couple of weeks. Edgar vs. Henderson should be a great fight.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I missed watching the last fight card because a friend bailed on me.

Any thoughts about it from anyone?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I just watched 144, and it was exciting. Edgar vs. Henderson was another 5-round brawl. I can't disagree with the decision, but I thought 49-46 (by two of the judges) was too generous. I thought Henderson only clearly won round 2, and even that round I had Edgar winning until the last minute. The rest of the fight was really close.

I really liked Boetsch's 3rd round comeback TKO earlier in the night. It was not "the best comeback in UFC history" like Rogan was screaming, but it was pretty epic.