Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elements, I wonder why they didn't do this.

So we have:
    Fire (Fire, Flare, Phoenix, Ifirit, Kjata, Beta, Flamethrower, Magic Breath)
    Ice (Ice, Freeze, Shiva, Kjata, Magic Breath)
    Lightning (Bolt, Ramuh, Kjata Trine, Magic Breath)
    Earth (Quake, Break, Titan, Kjata Magic Breath)
    Holy (Cure, Full Cure, Alexander, White Wind, Angel Whisper)
    Gravity (Demi, Lazer)
    Poison (Bio, Bad Breath, Hades (?))

Water (Leviathan, Aqualung)
    Wind (Choco/Mog, Typoon, Tornado)

Water not being in the game is easy to explain as there are hardly any enemies who are weak against it anyway. Wind would be much more usefull as there are plenty of flying enemies, however you'll have to make do with the Contain materia and items.

Also in VII there is the one hidden element too...

Wasn't it originally Fire, Fire2, Fire3?

Like way back in FF1? Did they just want to go back tot he basics?

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    "12 in a set" is only referencing real world toys, nothing within the game itself. Also, the rumor that you stated, about the soldiers at Fort Condor, is quite obviously false, as are countless other rumors about FF7, especially when they are about unreachable goals in the game. People like streching thier imagination, and sometimes people don't know if that is what they're doing.
    I did not start that rumour. It has been going ages, and the goal IS reachable (speed square can get you the other 10 that you need). "12 in a set" is literal. I will be testing the rumour soon.

I'm pretty sure tornado from the contain materia was wind (though not like I ever used it), but flare has always been nonelemental in all FFs I think (contrary to a few posts above).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    I'm pretty sure tornado from the contain materia was wind (though not like I ever used it), but flare has always been nonelemental in all FFs I think (contrary to a few posts above).
    I just checked the main program file

Flare: Fire
    Tornado: Wind 8/63 chance of Confuse
    Break: Earth 8/63 chance of Petrify
    Freeze: Ice 8/63 chance of Stop

I am not sure if it tells you that in the information window. but certainly, flare is fire going by the PC version (and I suspect very high liklihood that it is fire in PSX)

Yeah I just looked it up. Flare is nonelemental in almost every FF but in VII it's fire. I still didn't use it b/c attack magic is useless endgame imo

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

In FF games, usually non-elemental(Ultima) magics are the thing we should look forward to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seiferalmasy2 View Post
    "12 in a set" is only referencing real world toys, nothing within the game itself. Also, the rumor that you stated, about the soldiers at Fort Condor, is quite obviously false, as are countless other rumors about FF7, especially when they are about unreachable goals in the game. People like streching thier imagination, and sometimes people don't know if that is what they're doing.
    I did not start that rumour. It has been going ages, and the goal IS reachable (speed square can get you the other 10 that you need). "12 in a set" is literal. I will be testing the rumour soon.
    I said stated, not started.

I should know better than that :P sorry.

Blog Entries

I should know better than that :P sorry.
    Yeah that's right! *Puffs out chest and acts big and bad*

And I guess Square figured there were enough materia(as Big D stated before and I agreed with), so they just threw in Contain, for the elements they were too lazy to have. Really, I hardly ever play to weaknesses in this game, so the lack of a certain element's materia never really bothered me.

FFVII played hell on my OCD...

9 characters, 9 elements, but no Aero, Water or Holy?! Curse it all!!! How am I supposed to build my team where every character has their own element now? How?!! It was an evil plot by Square, I say, to drive people like me insane.

in fact the aero spell only appears once in the game by Rapps. Aeroga

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Wind (Choco/Mog, Typoon, Tornado)
    Ultros' legendary Mr. Chupon is not wind-elemental. It is fire-ice-bolt-earth-elemental. And although cure spells are something an undead enemy doesn't like it is not the same as the holy element. And indeed, Hades is the poison element.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimadoushi View Post
    9 characters, 9 elements, but no Aero, Water or Holy?!
    There are enough magical spells and items with these elements. Alexander, Leviathan, Aqualung, Dragon Scales, Choco/Mog, Tornado, Aero3, Bird Wing, et cetera.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-24-2010 at 06:27 PM.