Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Final Fantasy V Low Level 0 ABP 0% Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Oh noes don't let this challenge die! I love reading about them. I also think it would be a great idea to aggregate this content and put it up on the front site.

You people are insane. This game is hard enough without forcing yourself never to gain any ABP.

Good luck, though.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

I should really pick this back up.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You really should

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Jesus christ you people are insane. Though this has been very entertaining to read.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think I'm going to have to attempt this. It looks like a lot of fun

Blog Entries

First of all, I'd like to make this announcment: I won't go after all Blue Magic Spells, I'll just go for beating the game. While this is kinda sad, the reason is because I simply won't have time otherwise.

Now, for my short progress:

I actually beat StratoAvis (I think that's what it was called. For those who don't know which one I'm talking about, it's that yellow dragon who revives once before you defeat it for real) 3 weeks ago, but forgot/didn't have time to report, so I'll do so now. I also just beat Titan today.

StratoAvis was not even a challenge. I used 2 Ninjas and 2 Bares (don't remember exactly who I used as Ninjas and Bares, other than Faris being bare). All except one of the Ninjas had Fire Ring equiped, which protects against Strato's only really dangerous attack.

I basically spammed Water Scrolls (around 400 damage) with the Ninjas while keeping my party alive with potions/pheonix downs with the Bares until Strato was low enough on HP. Then, I killed off the Ninja with Fire Ring and waited for Strato to use the Blaze (or whatever the fire-attack was called) to finish off the Ninja while healing Faris + whoever the other Bare was. I think it was Galuf actually. Oh well, doesn't matter. I finished him off with physicals.

The reason I didn't finish both Ninjas manually was because it would have been too risky. With only two characters left, Strato's physicals can get quite dangerous, but as long as you got 3 characters alive it's pretty safe. By having Strato use the fire move to finish the Ninja, I'd get more turns with my Bares, buying me more time/turns to do that last bit of damage with physicals.

As for Titan, this is probably what the Gaia Gears were supposed to be used for. Luckily for me, you can get Float on your characters by confusing the flying cats in those mountains with poisonous plants... so I just did that until I had Float on Bartz and Lenna (at this point, Galuf has temporarily left the party btw).

Against Titan, I used two Bares + a Ninja and just spammed scrolls/rodes. The Ninja was the one without Float, by the way. Titan managed to attack twice before he went down. One attack got blocked, the other killed Lenna. Once defeated, he uses Earthquake as a final move, killing Faris (the Ninja) and leaving Bare Bartz alive thanks to Float.

Blog Entries

Awesome. You should post your progress here as well though. =P