Thread: Lip movements are in-sync to spoken dialogue in English!

Default Lip movements are in-sync to spoken dialogue in English!

Has anyone noticed that all lip movements are in-sync to spoken dialogue in English? It appears as if SE of America decided to reprogram the mouths to speak English; could this be because of recent technological advances?
    Is that your final answer?

or they just got lucky lol but either way its cool

There were so many complaints about FFX voice actors attempting to lip synch to the Japanese mouth movements. Their performances suffered.

(Did they synch better in XII or not? I can't remember.)

I'm sure SE has taken note of those complaints. It just means a heck of a lot more work, redoing each bit of dialogue.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I'll have to take a closer look when I next play, but I definitely noticed that it wasn't 'in sync' in some places. I guess I could expect it to sync up when there are in-game scenes, but I noticed in some of the prerendered scenes they didn't really match up. Not *that* big of a deal really, though.

The storyline cutscenes are where the lip movements are in-sync with spoken dialogue. The prerendered scenes (introduction scenes and victory/defeat scenes before and after actual gameplay) do not match up.
    Is that your final answer?