Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy Gallery Project

Default The Final Fantasy Gallery Project - GALLERY NOW OPEN :D

Introduction

GALLERY IS NOW LIVE IN TESTING PHASE: CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY GALLERY

Hi all, i would first like to introduce myself to this forum. I am a dedicated Final Fantasy gamer and have been since Childhood (i have dedicated hours and hours of my life to Final Fantasy) I live for FF!!!

I am building this gallery to fulfill my Childhood dream of giving back to the Final Fantasy Franchise for their Excellent Games!

THE FINAL FANTASY GALLERY PROJECT

What is it?

I have come here in hope to create a one for all image gallery for the Final Fantasy Franchise. My goal is to create one of the most well respected Final Fantasy Image Galleries out there - Something that's clean in look, and high in quality is going to be key for me!!!

This is going to be an extremely hard task to accomplish, but i feel that with the help of fans i should be able to overcome this obstacle without too much problems - More on this below...

How can you help me accomplish this task?

It's the public that will view my Gallery, so it's the public that will decide on what you would like to see in a centralized gallery for all things Final Fantasy!

Please reply to this post for any recommendations at all (big or small) and i'll do my best to make it happen - Your Input here is the key to my dream Final Fantasy gallery!

Who will Upload pictures to the Gallery?

Well as it is going to be a Large Fanart gallery, i'd really appreciate your contributions to my gallery, i will credit you for all images that have been uploaded. Quality is key for me here, i'm trying to gather the nicest images from all over and upload it for the world to see - Alot of my work will be from Deviantart Artiste.

I will setup an FTP account for anyone who would like to share their own contributions for the gallery, or you could just attach images to this post and i'll upload it accordingly

My Current Ideas for the gallery?

This is how i was going to structure it - but i will not go ahead with this until you all have confirmed this would be the best approach! Let me know what could be changed for the better!

Final Fantasy
    ------------Games
    ------------------FF7
    ---------------------Images (general category for images)
    ---------------------Wallpapers
    ---------------------Characters
    --------------------------------Cloud
    --------------------------------Tifa
    --------------------------------Aeris
    ---------------------Artwork
    ---------------------Action Figures

How does this look? - What would you change from the above for just one category???

Here's another idea:

Final Fantasy
    -------------Wallpapers
    -----------------------ff7
    -----------------------ff8
    -------------Artwork
    -------------Games
    -------------------FF7
    -------------------FF8
    -------------------FF6
    -------------Characters
    -----------------------Cloud
    -----------------------Sephiroth
    -----------------------Aeris

I'm willing to look at creating anything the fans would have to offer - It's for you guys at the end of the day.

I am going to pay a large amount of money to purchase a dedicated web host server to host all the images very shortly

This is going to be my past time hobby and i really do hope others do help out

Really can't wait to get this project started!

Thanks to all that can help
    Last edited by ffgallery; 09-19-2009 at 02:16 AM.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> You forgot the most important part, the fan art..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Thanks for advising - Will definitely not leave out FanArt, it will definitely be in the gallery!

I could structure the fanart as a whole, or as a separate gallery for each member id.

Let me know what other reccomendations you have.

I'm slowly building the gallery template and should have something for everyone to view shortly...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> A sprite graphics section would be nice too, there are people who are always looking for FF sprites..
    As for a fanart section, check out this site artist gallery.. is pretty neat.

Nice FanArt Submissions

Could you please explain Sprite Graphics?

I'm willing to look at creating anything the fans would have to offer - It's for you guys at the end of the day.

I am going to pay a large amount of money to purchase a dedicated web host server to host all the images very shortly

This is going to be my past time hobby and i really do hope others do help out

QUESTION:

Would it be easier to get users to upload pictures directly to the gallery, or for users to post their images here in the forums with descriptions and then i can upload to my gallery ???

I would like to keep it content Copyright Free - Last thing is want is to have my gallery taken down.

Is taking in game pictures of Final Fantasy copyright free?

I'm not sure what the actual goal of the site is going to be - is this site simply going to be a repository for the official artwork of Final Fantasy, such as the collected works of (apparently can't type his first name) Amano and Tetsuya Nomura, as well as any contributed fanart? That seems to be what you're trying to do.

Also sprite graphics are just in-game sprites used. Monster sprites, character sprites, character portraits, maybe background images or other various objects scattered throughout the game. These are often as much art as the hand-drawn stuff.

As far as copyright goes, everything concerning Final Fantasy is copyrighted, and posting any artwork, song, game imagery, or other form of media is technically copyright infringement, even most fanart would be considered copyright infringement. The actual fact of the matter, though, is that Square-Enix doesn't care and won't so much as blink at 99.9% of the stuff the fans do with their property. It's only when you start trying to make a profit with their material, or creating your own game on par with what they may produce(like the Chrono Trigger people learned) that you run any chance of incurring the wrath of Square-Enix.

THANKS for the input - I really appreciate your help

My goal is exactly what you said, a central repository for all images based upon the Final Fantasy Series

This includes the following in relation to the Final Fantasy Series

1) Fan Artwork - (categorized according to game/character/landmarks etc etc)

2) Wallpapers (categorized according to game/character/landmarks etc etc)

3) Character Gallery (categorized according to person - Squall/Rinoa/Cloud/Tifa)

4) LandMark galley (locations of final fantasy games - Midgar/NibelHeim etc etc...)

5) Sprites (seems like a good one for the forum members

6) Official Artwork (will this be ok and not pose any copyright threats? - i will mention that they are official pieces of artwork direct from Square)

7) Vehicle Gallery (highwind...)

8) Summon Gallery (shiva/irfrit etc...)

9) Monsters= Gallery??

10) Other recommendations by you all - i will include it trust me, the gallery is intended for the fans which is why i'm putting so much effort into it!

I will also copy images twice if i have to to get them in several locations....ie i might have artwork which is of Tifa, i will place one copy in Artwork Folder, and another in Character Galleries....

I have a rough idea of what my gallery will look like, and it's going to be much more different to your normal image gallery - it's going to be simple to navigate and very sleek in look (i don't like cluttered and messy websites

I have setup an FTP site for users to directly upload their images into, and i can then add them to the gallery accordingly, this would be a good idea for those that would like to contribute in big amounts - i have a huge server to store all of this so don't be shy.

I am also going to setup a Rank/Comment feature, so viewers can view galleries by ranking/amount of views etc etc....

What else people? - The more info info you give me the better in these early stages.
    Last edited by ffgallery; 08-28-2009 at 08:14 AM.

I have about 5,000 pieces of quality FF fanart on my computer, but pretty much all of it is stuff I've found randomly over the years, with no artist names attached, so I don't know how much you'd want to use it. I've been trying to figure out a way to do something with all of it for a while now, but without any names attached it doesn't seem right posting it on a site. It's really some jaw-droppingly incredible stuff, though, and I'd love to spread it to as many other fans as I can. It's a shame to think most people don't have any clue about the amazing works of art fans have done for this series.

Thanks - I'd be really interested in hosting the images, but also would not feel right to host such content without noting the artist and give them credit for all the work - I am sure there are certain copyright laws to take into consideration also?

Is there any artwork that makes note of the artist that i could upload for you - i would really like to share amazing artwork with others to view

Also what games would they be from?

I will definitely provide you with my FTP details if you are interested in uploading content

QUICK NOTE: i have purchased a domain name for hosting the website:

www.ff-gallery.com

...i really do hope this project goes well thus the reason why i have decided to put qute alot of money into it..

They span pretty much across every single FF ever made or announced, from Final Fantasy I to Final Fantasy XIV as well as every side game ever made like Mystic Quest, Tactics, Crisis Core, Dissidia -you name it. Some of them do have the artist's signature as part of the image, but without actually contacting the artists themselves to get permission I don't think it'd be a good idea to put them on a site. Square may not care who uses their artwork, but individual artists usually do. I'd like to think there is some sort of workaround to this when it comes to a site that is posting the art purely for the benefit of the viewing public and does not claim ownership of the material, but not being an artist I'm not sure what would be acceptable. Maybe some of the artists here could give some ideas on how best to approach the touchy subject of posting unknown fanart?

Yeah i'd like to know this also.....anyone here care to help?

Just thinking of the best approach - and it would definitely be to email each and every artist individually and advised them of what i'd be doing, a monumental task, but i'm prepared to so it so lang as you can rovide name/email for the artists.

Generally a quick google search of their name+final fantasy should hopefull find them and their contact details.

Are any of the pictures all from one particular artist? - this would greatly help in my quest...

PS if you can find any square artwork, im more than happy to start collecting

Unfortunately, it's not quite as easy as that. The vast, vast majority of the art I have is nameless, and most of the ones that have names have them as nearly illegible signatures. For example:

http://www.finalfantasy500.com/image...esh_fanart.jpg

There is a signature there down in the bottom right-hand corner of his cape, but there's no way I would be able to actually determine or find the artist based on that, and that's pretty much all I have for the few that have signatures.

Default No Worries :)

I really hope that i can gather some of the best artwork from around the world and showoff people's talent - but like you said i do not want to have anyone credit anyone but the artists themselves.

What other ideas do people have, maybe they can start posting their own pictures within this thread?

There are so many people out there that are constantly looking for a centralized gallery for all things Final Fantasy so i know we will be able to put something together

Please advise what other recommendations you all have

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Check out other FF Sites/forums, there must be some fan-artists who are still drawing some FF fanart.. The other place is Deviantart you can contact lots of people who draw ff fanart there..
    You can also start asking permission to artists around here..

Personally I dont have any problems in sharing my fanart to other FF sites (as long as they keep it on galleries and dont use them in their layouts), so feel free to post my FF fanart in your gallery if you want..

Default THANKS :D

THANK YOU

Where could i find your FanART Pictures?

I actually need some pics on my gallery so i can provide you all with a layout and show you how the gallery looks so far - Still in it's production stage but is looking really good so far, lot of tweaking still to do to fine-tune it to the way i'd like as well as bug fixing

If you could provide me with a link to some of your fanart, i could start uploading to my website to show off, and share my layout with everyone at the same time.

This would actually work out really well....

I do not really want to upload any pictures that have not been approved by their relative artists first!

I am onto Deviant Art and FF Forums already

Thanks Again!