Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dental Delight

Default Dental Delight

I had a little trip to the dentist today. Nothing major, just a check-up of things. I had zero cavities too! Yay me

So, what are your thoughts on dentists, and going to the dentist in general?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to have nice sized white teeth in a nice mouth.

I have sensitive gums, and that's taking a toll on my how my mouth looks now. I have to go to the dentist soon. I avoided going for over a year, and that was bad.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went nine times last year! Had all kinds of cleanings and two crowns. I have to go one more time on the 31st.

The first crown was 'cause I broke my molar on a jaw breaker. Those smurfers are serious. Second one was 'cause my implant [read: fake] tooth was apparently put in BACKWARDS and the tooth behind it wasn't properly lined up because of this so they made it a crown. I also got my permanent retainer off. Yay!

My dentist is nice. The dental assistants, Kathy and Kathy, are hilarious. A few months ago Blonde Kathy was sitting with me and clipping a whitening tray while I had a mold setting, and Brunette Kathy saw some hooker getting arrested outside so she pulled out my mold and called us over to watch.

I have braces. GO ME! well..they are really not that bad after you have had them for a year and a half or so
    Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you're not just a survivor. You're a warrior, and you're stronger than anything life throws your way.....

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pfft, braces are always awful.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

As long as the give me the nitrous oxide, I don't care. I have major dentist anxiety though, so I can't really deal with it all without it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Pfft, braces are always awful.
    No they are not, they straighten your teeth out and make sure they dont come out all messed up like a war zone inside your gums. its worth the pain you have to go through. you dont really notice them after awhile anyway...

Wait, what the hell possessed me to say THAT?! Braces suck. I stick small magnets to mine though. I guess im lucky i have not swallowed one yet...but yeah, they straighten out your teeth... HURRAY!
    Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you're not just a survivor. You're a warrior, and you're stronger than anything life throws your way.....

I hate them and avoid them like the plague.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never had braces. I kind of lucked out in the tooth department. They're getting slightly uneven now, because my wisdom teeth are pushing them in a bit, but overall, my teeth are nice.

Now if I can find a way to get my teeth whitened again without causing my sensitive gums agony and bleeding and inflammation...

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I had braces and I don't regret it one bit. My teeth look sooo much better now, it's worth the little time of awkwardness and rigorous, time-consuming cleaning to be able to grin at people with nice straight teeth

right now i have elastics again. i love playing with them inside my mouth :P like putting them on the other hooks and such. god im easily amused. they also advise you not to eat or drink any sort of sugary stuff. well that kinda got tossed out the window >_>

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

My teeth aren't all that great because I smoke and I have a tooth that's sorta pushed back but I'm not missing any or anything like that. Never got braces, didn't have that kinda of cash layng around but I really didn't need them.

Overall the worst part about my teeth is that they're not blindingly white, but I never smile anyways so nobody notices.
    derp

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I used to hate going to the dentist, but now I don't mind it so much. Except for when they do the nasty polish stuff and when they floss. I tell them that they're being too hard on my gums, to which they reply "If you floss more often, you wouldn't have that problem" Being allergic to mint and sensitive to bubble gum really doesn't help either.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphus View Post
    right now i have elastics again. i love playing with them inside my mouth :P like putting them on the other hooks and such. god im easily amused. they also advise you not to eat or drink any sort of sugary stuff. well that kinda got tossed out the window >_>
    Ahahah you're going to have indelible marks left on your teeth

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    Never got braces, didn't have that kinda of cash layng around.
    Yay for free braces.