Thread: Anyone got a nice level up place/strategy/trick?

Default Anyone got a nice level up place/strategy/trick?

I've been playing FF4 for a while now (not the DS version, but not really the original either since it's on emulator), and I'm really supposed to be taking my awesome whale space ship to THE MOON, and well, I did.

Too bad moon men and creatures' keeps killing me though! I don't know if I'm just a failure, or just underleveled. My highest level is Rosa, who's lv 41, and lowest, Edge on 38. Leveling in this game seems to take FOREVER for me, I've been going for it a while in the underworld, but I'm getting fed up of scorching Blood Flowers and what not with Edge and Rydia now. Is there anywhere better? Or like an...double experience item or SOMETHING I'm eager to get going but stupid moon inhabitants sure are persistent...

(I'm too lazy to check my english spelling here, so sorry for accidental mishaps. )

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Regretfully... you have passed the two best leveling places which is the Tower of Zot and Babil Tower. Both have an enemy that keeps summoning minions that you can destroy so you basically keep the summoner alive and keep going at it.

There is one more like them in the Feymarch (Land of Summoned Monsters) in the underworld so perhaps go there and try. I don't remember the Sylph Cave having good Exp. though... There is no item in the game that grants Exp. Bonuses (well, except the DS version)so I'm afraid you will have to really spend some time, especially since you do seem to be a tad underleveled.

Aaah I think I heard of that but while I went through those places I sort of forgot about it until after I finished.

Ok but then I am underleveled and not just a failure at least, it sure felt like a sudden power gap when I went to the moon. I'll try Feymarch out, thanks for helping out.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

IV is pretty old school with the leaps in enemy power. Just as you think you are doing well, the game sends you to a new dungeon where everything can wipe the floor with you. Just do a little grinding (I usually like setting goals like trying to gain rare drops) so that it doesn't feel as monotonous.

From what I recall, in the hall outside the games last save point are some fairly winnable fights that give off some decent exp.