Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Invincible Team

Blog Entries

That's completely true. Even the so-called "super bosses" in FFVIII are total pushovers.

Our little debate was just over a "principle".

not that drug dealer CelestialStarDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Our little debate was just over a "principle".
    But it was a very fun and informative debate.I think I now know anything worth knowing about the battle system of ffVIII now haha

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

squall, rinoa, zell

Zell can pull off a bajillion attacks in his limit time span on his limit break while ending with a big hit if you want him to. Rinoa gives invincibility. Squall is main chara dont really need to say much else about him b/c he has main character powers.

Junction so youre immune to all status effects, attack with pretty much all of them, and absorb all elements. You can also junction so youre as fast as having autohaste without actually having the status buff.

Squall best limit break is with his loinheart gunblade 10 daMge

My primary team consists of Squall, Rinoa, and Zell. I'm not a big magic oriented person. I literally like hacking things to death with a weapon because its fun. Of course, I also enjoy using a Squall-Irvine-Zell combo or a Squall-Rinoa-Irvine combo depending how gun-ho I feel at the moment.

I prefer using Zell over Irvine at times because I find that I get more hits with Zell since I'm used to Armegeddon Fist and how fast you have to be to press the buttons. but of course, Irvine has quick shot...which is extremely fun. Unloading 10+ shots on a boss. Just priceless.

Every character has their own advantages and disadvantages. It all depends on what you like. just build it to your liking. =D
    How does one use fire?

Quote Originally Posted by -kuri- View Post
    I prefer using Zell over Irvine at times because I find that I get more hits with Zell since I'm used to Armegeddon Fist and how fast you have to be to press the buttons. but of course, Irvine has quick shot...which is extremely fun. Unloading 10+ shots on a boss. Just priceless.

Every character has their own advantages and disadvantages. It all depends on what you like. just build it to your liking. =D
    I'm not trying to pick on you but I think this is why a lot of people choose Irvine. Instead to hitting people with several shots with Irvine though I prefer Zell b/c even though Irvine's limit is good I prefer Zell b/c of these reasons in particular:

-if it werent for Irvine's name I would have thought he was an annoying, flat chested, lesbian (no joke)
    -Zell can hit 30+ times in 1 limit easy
    -I don't like guns

Yeah...that's probably a reason why I would choose him in battle but like you also said, its possible to get 15+ hits on one Zell limit break, which is why I like his limit break better.

I guess its up to the person...if they are coordinated with buttons or if they are fast with the R1 trigger.
    How does one use fire?

not that drug dealer CelestialStarDust's Avatar

Yeah...that's probably a reason why I would choose him in battle but like you also said, its possible to get 15+ hits on one Zell limit break, which is why I like his limit break better.

I guess its up to the person...if they are coordinated with buttons or if they are fast with the R1 trigger.
    but all you have to do is MASH the r1 trigger...

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStarDust View Post

but all you have to do is MASH the r1 trigger...
    and all you have to do is roll your finger across buttons for zell which takes only like .3 (probably less once you get the timing down) off his timer for each attack, and it gives you 15+ sec so yeah I'm pretty sure thats the reason Zells better