Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piano Music!!!

Ah. Can you recommend an easy one to start with?

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As I said, try the FF8 ones. Those are frightningly easy.

Liberi Fatali
    Eyes on me
    The Oath

But my favorite easy one is in FFIX: Villiage of Dali, try that one first.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, look up Final Fantasy music scores and show off your true inner nerdiness. ^_^ Haha I remember in high school when I got bored, I downloaded Aerith's Theme and Eyes on Me and learned how to play them. Good times. :mog:

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    Yes, look up Final Fantasy music scores and show off your true inner nerdiness. ^_^ Haha I remember in high school when I got bored, I downloaded Aerith's Theme and Eyes on Me and learned how to play them. Good times. :mog:
    You're such a nerd.

What? It's not like Aerith's theme and Eyes on me were the second and third songs I learned for myself outside of lessons. How dare you accuse me? >_>

Thanks!! I'll have a nice downloading session now in a minute. And complete my inner nerdiness.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle

AK: What was the first song?

The last song I attempted was Yiruma's The River Flows in You. Really beautiful, sad song <3

Pretty easy too, but it may not be for someone that's just starting, I dunno. :3

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Blog Entries

Believe it or not, but it was Fur Elise, from Beethoven. And even more weird, I learned this before any other song, before any lessons. My parents were literally driven mad from my practising.

The last song I attempted was Yiruma's The River Flows in You. Really beautiful, sad song <3

Pretty easy too, but it may not be for someone that's just starting, I dunno. :3
    I think it's beautiful. It doesn't have to be hard to be good. ^_^

The last song I learned was hmm.. well, I learned Comptine d'un autre été: l'après midi and Canon in D-minor, by pachelbel at the same time.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Believe it or not, but it was Fur Elise, from Beethoven. And even more weird, I learned this before any other song, before any lessons. My parents were literally driven mad from my practising.

I think it's beautiful. It doesn't have to be hard to be good. ^_^

The last song I learned was hmm.. well, I learned Comptine d'un autre été: l'après midi and Canon in D-minor, by pachelbel at the same time.
    That's neat, AK. Comptine d'un autre été: l'après midi is actually my favorite piano piece of all time. It's a real tear-jerker for me.

I have a plotted agenda of pushing the piano on my children at a young age, so that they can play this song for me all of the time when they're older.

FF7 songs ofc.

I think "Wall market" or "sector slums" ...something like that. a really easy one. i think that was the first i learned
    :mog:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    That's neat, AK. Comptine d'un autre été: l'après midi is actually my favorite piano piece of all time. It's a real tear-jerker for me.

I have a plotted agenda of pushing the piano on my children at a young age, so that they can play this song for me all of the time when they're older.
    I don't mind playing it for you in vegas meetup next year. x)

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well as most everyone already said, you could always learn how to play music from your favorite video games. Nobuo Uematsu has this cool thing called Piano Collections where the Final Fantasy songs that may have been made on like...a PSX's sound chip or MIDI, are played on the piano. Some of the songs are really complex though. (Eternal Harvest alone from FFIX is like a sixteen page packet.)

I know someone's probably already said all of that, but I mainly came here for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Yar View Post
    Sagensyg plays piano he loves it
    Not funny!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Hmm.

I reckon you should start off with some of the Childrens collections by someone like Debussy, Chopin, Bach or even Mozart. They might be aimed at children, but they're beautiful pieces and nowhere near as hard as some later Debussy (which is MENTAL hard).

Work your way up to Rachmaninov - he's an absolute genius.