Thread: Tanks

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm just poking a little fun at my boy. I don't actually think he's a racist.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    This reminds me of the guy who's accused of being a racist and his response is 'but I have plenty of black friends!'
    Aside from recognizing that now you're just trying to get me going, I'm failing to see how this is even a valid comparison. I am elitist. I've never tried to say otherwise. =O

Also, Bob. Friends get pearls, so I'll be on the look out for the person if they want a social.

Also, saying Midgardsormr might be a bit more elitist than other servers may be more accurate than one might initially think. It's the server that a majority of the English players who imported the game when it was only out in Japan went, and it's also where a majority of people who were in the open beta went when the game was officially lost. It was notorious for having a large number of having "hardcore" players.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 09-15-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Grammar!

Actually Ragnarok was the server that English people imported the game and played on before the game came out. Midgardsomr was not even made at the time, because it was made sometime between the end of beta and start of retail and i think thats why it was chosen as the beta migration server. Presently at least half the people have since moved to Hades from the original NA Beta.

Back then you HAD to be hardcore to play. Nowadays, not so much with EXP options and etc. If you have two people you can usually do things extremely fast. Anything goes if its just two friends together, and today's more casual options with EXP bonuses and buffs help facilitate that.

Personally i feel if SE wanted certain jobs to be played a certain way, they will make the fixes early as possible. Players may be able to change a way something is played but SE the developers can totally change whatever skills the players decided to use to something they intended to. I support different combinations when they make sense, but i partly blame SE for not supporting more tank styles, and partly the players for not trying to broaden their horizon(or take forever to do so).

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3