Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magitek Armor... kinda, maybe?

Though, to be honest I was still hoping we'd get Chocobos as mounts that we could customise.

I remember seeing the Chocobo concept art for FFXI, where they had different armour on (plate, cloth, etc.). It would be cool if we could armour up our chocobos for battle and to increase certain stats (similar to breeding and racing in FFXI).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Though, to be honest I was still hoping we'd get Chocobos as mounts that we could customise.

I remember seeing the Chocobo concept art for FFXI, where they had different armour on (plate, cloth, etc.). It would be cool if we could armour up our chocobos for battle and to increase certain stats (similar to breeding and racing in FFXI).
    Well, IGN said that Chocobos will be used in a completely different way in FFXIV, using them as some form of combat pet does fit the bill and would be a fun feature to have.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Calarandir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post

Well, IGN said that Chocobos will be used in a completely different way in FFXIV, using them as some form of combat pet does fit the bill and would be a fun feature to have.
    The first trailer featured an adventurer leading a chocobo around who was carrying a large number of bags and other containers. Since I believe SE has said that there isn't going to be an equivalent of a moghouse, it wouldn't surprise me if you can call your chocobo to you in the field to access extra storage spaces or something.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A class that got to use a giant robot suit like in FFVI would be pretty awesome, I will admit. I doubt that's what it means though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum