Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i might go see a movie this weekend

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eh.

I loved the book, so this hollywoodified movie version grossed me out. Plus, aside from Munich, I feel like Eric Bana's acting is almost always . I love Rachel McAdams but this film was the closest I've gotten to disliking her on screen. =/ The film didn't flow well, the acting seemed phoned-in and unbelievable, the special effects were just insipid. The movie was supposed to come out like 2 years ago, and that's always a sign that there are serious problems with the film. They did a couple of re-shoots over the last year to try and fix it up, but it's still a mess.

But I'd recommend the book to anyone who likes having their heart ripped out and crushed into a thousand little pieces when they read their books. A process that I'm a big fan of. Plus, it's one of those rare mainstream books that adheres to the rules of time travel. No messing with the past . Love that. Although that's mainly what adds to the heartbreak of the book.

I didn't realize Extract was coming out tomorrow. You should go see that instead!

And yeah, Miriel, that sucks. One of the reasons I wanted to see it is because I liked the book so much. Sad day. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I'd go with Inglorious Bastards, District 9, or Taking Woodstock.
    Yup yup.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pink Grin

I don't know about you, but I am so going to see The Final Destination, I am such a fan of the series, it's actually pretty thought provoking if you don't take it at face value which everyone does. (but yes, I am going to see it for the deaths as well - you don't watch FD films if don't care about deaths.)

And if anyone saw this movie and like it let me make my own mind up please, the FD sequells where given bad scores at first, but I saw them and liked them better than the orginal, and you know how rare it is for a sequell to be better than the original.

Sorry, went into fanboy mode a bit there...
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 09-03-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Because, I made a MISTAKE! OK?!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Basterds or District 9, or both! That's what we did.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I don't know about you, but I am so going to see The Final Destination, I am such a fan of the series, it's actually pretty thought provoking if you don't take it at face value which everyone does. (but yes, I am going to see it for the deaths as well - you don't watch FD films if don't care about deaths.)

And if anyone saw this movie and like it let me make my own mind up please, the FD sequells where given bad scores at first, but I saw them and liked them better than the orginal, and you know how rare it is for a sequell to be better than the original.

Sorry, went into fanboy mode a bit there...
    They lost all originality with the foreshadowing of who dies next. At least the previous 3 had some sort of signs and hints of who dies next which were pretty cool but this one didn't. Gay.

The Proposal.
    Because it has Ryan Reynolds in it.
    JET SET RADIOOOOOOO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post

They lost all originality with the foreshadowing of who dies next. At least the previous 3 had some sort of signs and hints of who dies next which were pretty cool but this one didn't. Gay.
    Films have sexualitys?

I heard this ones being done differently, like we see glimpses of who dies next. (do NOT spoil!) either way, I still want to see it.

Additional: Usually the hints are centred around how the survivors die, not which one dies next (which doesn't really need to be hinted to, as it just the order they died, unless it gets corupted or is working from an old list like FD2 was.)

Glimpses is a cop out imo. The first and second had clever signs and the 3rd had photographs so this doesn't exactly measure up...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Glimpses is a cop out imo. The first and second had clever signs and the 3rd had photographs so this doesn't exactly measure up...
    To be honest, the glimpses might be one of the lower points of the movie in my opinion (wait 'til I see it.) I can get around the main characters having visions of the main accident because that's the main plot of the film, but have visions of every other death aswell seems a bit much. We'll see how it all plays out though (and I have already seen ONE death that has a hint towards it in dialogue which is more of what I expect from an FD film.)

Well you should go watch it online rather than in theatres at least. And save the theatre trip for something more worthy.

There's a good version up right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Basterds is the most jubilance you can have this summer clad.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am stuck at home without a car this weekend because the stupid mechanic closed for the holiday weekend without telling me and I can't pick it up. I don't think I want to take a cab to the movies, and it is too far to walk. argh.

Next on my list are Julie and Julia because Streep and Adams are terrific. And 500 Days of Summer. Has anyone seen these movies, are they any good?
    I will never be a memory.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Bastardi Senzagloria!