Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Don't Push the Door Labeled "Pull"

Cookie You Don't Push the Door Labeled "Pull"

But I keep seeing people do it here.

How often do you like to just sit and watch/stare at people?

Topic 2: When is the last time you tried and failed opening a door?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Every time I go to get my haircut I try the open the freakin barber shop door the wrong way. Every time!

I watch people fairly often but don't usually stare at them unless I happened to be looking their way while zoning out in imagination land.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I use to, if I woke up early int he morning, get coffee and sit somewhere on my campus and watch people. PEOPLE WATCHING! You can learn simple things by how people carry themselves or interact with others.

I rarely open the door the wrong way :P

I fail at going through the college door. ive bumped into it twice because it doesnt like me. its an automatic door as well...
    Sometimes, life will kick you around, but sooner or later, you realize you're not just a survivor. You're a warrior, and you're stronger than anything life throws your way.....

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

all summer, one of the front doors was locked to the ME building, and it was funny to see people trying to open it.

But this fall, it's unlocked, and I have no one to mock

I people watch often!

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

It is fun watching people, like Lekana said you can learn stuff about people by watching them.

Oh, I did that yesterday in the mall, tried to open the door the wrong way.

I like to people watch. It can be really interesting, and just looking at how people look, how they carry themselves, how they act, how they move and all sorts of other stuff can be captivating.

I'm sure that I've tried to open a door the wrong way, but I can't think of any consistent doors that thwart my stride or any specific circumstance where one significant door has scarred my memory.

I often wonder why automatic doors say CAUTION on them. It seems to me more appropriate to put a CAUTION sign on a door that won't move out of your way before you run into it.

This thread reminded me of this. I love how he rushes out afterward.
    XD

I've managed to push open a "pull" only door before.
    It took a lot of effort, but mission was succesful.

I watch people all the time... that sounds kinda creepy.
    I especially love Christmas time. you get such a mixture of frantic shopping, couples romancing, couples fighting, friends in the snow, festivals, laughing and crying.
    JET SET RADIOOOOOOO

I always get the short end of luck with doors, if i'm trying to pull it open, it'll somehow fall forward and i'll faceplant on the floor. In retrospect, if I try to push open a door, it'll somehow slam into my face.

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

People watching is awesome. I do it whenever I'm out, especially if I have time to kill.

And I havent failed at door opening lately, however my customers LOVE to push the door that says pull, resulting in the door being stuck opening on the rug and a continuous long beeeeeeeep that no one else seems to hear but me. Oh, and it's 110 outside today, CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR.

I LOVE people watching!
    People do funny things when they think no one is looking.
    It's also funny to walk by and pick up a few seconds of peoples conversations and try and guess what they were talking about.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I've walked into push and pull doors thinking they're automatic. Needless to say, but I guess wrong all the time. I swear this gas station keeps changing their doors to mess with me.

I people watch every so often. But my town is kind of ugly so get bored and wonder off. Although at the mall there is some good looking people to watch.

Blog Entries

If there is a label on the door I usually open it the right way. However the only doors I get wrong are pulling when I should be pushing. When I see a handle I naturally assume I should pull so I usually do both actions, a pull followed by a push.

I usually watch people and wander if theyre watching me to which I do some odd motions to enhance their people watching experience
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 09-05-2009 at 06:43 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!