Thread: Six Feet Under

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Default Six Feet Under

I'm so in love with this show - I don't care how late I am to hop on the bandwagon. SERIOUSLY. The direction is amazing - everything is so distinctly ... "Six Feet Under-ey". I especially like the shots they have with those crazy lenses that make everything in focus. David is my favorite character, but only because Michael C. Hall is like, my hero~~~ He's daaaayum fine.

I love Ruth and Brenda, too. They're both so horribley tragic. Claire is kind of boring and angsty. Nate has some interesting stuff going on, usually.

I really like that writers aren't always doing the generic cat-and-mouse crap with the relationships in the show - I mean, Brenda and Nate are together right form the get go. None of this RyanxMarissa constant flip flopping crap like in the OC. I feel so dirty even comparing these shows.

Ok go!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Fantastic show, loved it when it was on. Ruth is especially hilariously endearing at times.

And the final five minutes of the last episode is just heart-breaking.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I just started watching it after Rye persuaded me, and it's really great. I think we just watched episode 5 last night so I have a ways to go

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahaha, I just got Hux to watch this! I love when I get someone who is like "Noooo, it looks sooo pretentious, DNW" to be like "I LOVE THIS SHOW."

I am in love with this show. Except for Kings, I have to say this is the most masterfully crafted show I've ever watched. Granted, I've only watched two of the five seasons (I had to start back at the start again for Hux!), but I love it.

David gets to be such a great interesting character. I love Keith and Rico as well.

And without a doubt, Ruth is the funniest character on the show. Whether it's intentional or Ruth is being tragic or she's being neurotic, I am constantly in tears laughing at her. I feel bad for her. She's one of those completely serious people who make people laugh regardless. I can't help it.

"LANGUAGE!"

I have resisted watching the last episode. I hear such amazing things about it, and I know that one of the saddest songs I've ever heard ("Breathe Me" by Sia, never fails to make me cry) is in it, so I expect to be a mess when I watch it when I finally get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I love Keith and Rico as well.
    Keith really didn't interest me in the first season, he just sort of seemed like an auxiliary character. I'm on like, episode 4 of season 2 now, though, and they're really doing some cool stuff with his character - his niece is hilarious, I almost died laughing when David was babysitting her. I'm tired of Gabe's character, I (SPOILER)wish he would hurry up and die/be arrested.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gabe's the toe slut guy, right? Oh man, I hate him and his facial hair!

Gabe's the toe slut guy, right? Oh man, I hate him and his facial hair!
    Yeah. I really like how this show has a habit of turning seemingly unimportant characters into series regulars. I thought after (SPOILER)the foot incident that Gabe was a done deal - nope! He's still here in season 2.

I TOTALLY JUST RUINED THE END OF THIS SERIES. I HATE YOUTUBE.
    Last edited by Moon Rabbits; 09-06-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Angel Lust.

I love this show and have the box set. I'm marathon-ing The Sopranos right now, but when that's done I'm going back to SFU again. So many great sequences and the dark humour is incredible.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaa.

I forgot how amazing season 1 is. When the kids (SPOILER)meet Hiram killed me

Ruth: "AMG I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF HIS COCK~"
    David: *drop spoon*

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaa.

I forgot how amazing season 1 is. When the kids (SPOILER)meet Hiram killed me

Ruth: "AMG I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF HIS COCK~"
    David: *drop spoon*

Season 1 is really, really smurfing good. I love when Ruth has her random outbursts of rage and/or sexuality. Season 2 is even better - probably my favorite 13 hours of Tee Veeeee~ I really was sort of unimpressed by season 3 It was still good, but a lot of the drama didn't particularly interest me ... (SPOILER)KeithxDavid are dysfunctional (we get it), Lisa is a bore who failed to inspire any sympathy (Brenda ftw), and Claire's art school story was sub par. RuthxArthur was boring because Arthur is boring, and RuthxGeorge is just weird. However, by the end things picked up nicely. The season finale was great (albeit not AS great as season 2's). I was also really angry that they (SPOILER)faked Nate's death in the beginning of the season. When I thought he died, and it flashed quickly to David, Claire, and Ruth grieving, I was really impressed that they were going to go through with having Nate die. Personally, I think this would have made for a better season ...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ruth tripping balls just about makes me life every time I watch it.

Ruth: *rubs on tree* Ahh~~ <3

I finished this series and the end is the most amazing 10 minutes in any media ever.