View Poll Results: Which system are you buying FFXIII for?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

58 60.42%

16 16.67%
  • I have both, but PS3

16 16.67%
  • I have both, but 360

3 3.13%
  • I have both, so both

0 0%
  • Neither

2 2.08%
  • I don't like Final Fantasy.

1 1.04%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 360 or PS3: Which are you more likely to buy it for?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friends talked me out of a 360 (though I'm still going to borrow them to play the Mistwalker titles) so I may end up getting a PS3 in the future if only for MGS4 and The Last Guardian. I may pick up XIII cause I'm a hopeless fanboy/tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    FFs natural home is on the PS
    *is playing FF on the NES while waiting for XIII*

Getting it on the PS3 though. It'll be marginally prettier there, and I don't have to do any disc swapping.
    Sig under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Christ View Post
    Getting it on the PS3 though. It'll be marginally prettier there, and I don't have to do any disc swapping.
    In what way will it be prettier on the PS3? Seeing both versions at a premiere presentation on the same high def TV, there was literally absolutely no difference at all in their looks, unless you mean that they decided to add extra graphics to the PS3 version or something? [lol?]

Also, I don't really give a flying smurf about what console it's on, and never really saw any care-how about this "well I should play it on Sony because, uh, it's always been on Sony consoles!" nonsense. Aside from the fact that the head of the Sony Entertainment division is notoriously an idiot, I don't really see Sony as being anything besides another option. I don't really care about the issue with the controllers either, since they're both fine and easy to use in my opinion.

That said, I'll probably get it on the PS3 anyways since it's only on one disc. Practicality is all that should matter.

The CG videos, I understand, are at a higher bitrate. It isn't much, but there is still a difference. To quote my source, (be advised - this website is NSFW)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankaku Complex
    The BD containing the game amounts to 38GB, whilst the Xbox 360 version has already been confirmed as being packed onto 3 DVD discs (offering an absolute maximum of 25GB or so).

However, concerns over a crippled Xbox 360 version are misplaced – of the 38GB of data on the disc, only 8GB is game data, the rest being given over to sumptuous CG movies (see above), leading to the promise that the in-game elements will be “mostly” identical, whilst the movies simply enjoy far lower data rates to compensate, an admittedly dubious consolation.
    Granted, that won't make any difference at all to me since I don't yet have an HDTV. But once I do, the data suggests that there will still be some modicum of difference.
    Sig under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Christ View Post
    Granted, that won't make any difference at all to me since I don't yet have an HDTV. But once I do, the data suggests that there will still be some modicum of difference.
    I don't doubt its technical truth, but I think the difference seems a bit exaggerated. Seeing both versions on HDTV, I really didn't notice any difference at all. I could arguably just be blind but my contacts are up-to-date prescription.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Most likely 360, because that's the more easily accessible system for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    hope you know its got multiple discs so have fun swiching them!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Aren't you nice.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    It didn't bother me during FFVII-FFIX, it won't bother me now! In fact I think it adds a nice little nostalgic touch to it. It was always such a satisfying feeling to reach the next disc!

That's silly. Jessweeee is right though. It's only 3 discs right? Even though I prefer just one disc, switching them really can't be that big of a deal at all. I don't feel like it's really be a massive hindrance to have to get up, and switch discs once every two days, or however long it takes you to progress to that part of the game [shorter or longer depending on how much time you can spend on the game]. If anything, it sounds like another dramatized effort in an attempt to be anti-Microsoft or something. I thought preteen console fandom died before 2005.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No type of Preteen Fandom ever dies.

PS3. Because I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    That's silly. Jessweeee is right though. It's only 3 discs right? Even though I prefer just one disc, switching them really can't be that big of a deal at all. I don't feel like it's really be a massive hindrance to have to get up, and switch discs once every two days, or however long it takes you to progress to that part of the game [shorter or longer depending on how much time you can spend on the game]. If anything, it sounds like another dramatized effort in an attempt to be anti-Microsoft or something. I thought preteen console fandom died before 2005.
    Console fandom never dies, it just keeps getting more annoying and becomes punch in the face worthy but I agree with the rest of what you said anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Console fandom never dies, it just keeps getting more annoying and becomes punch in the face worthy but I agree with the rest of what you said anyway.
    I wish that you were wrong on that, but every now and then I'll see topics like this which will remind me otherwise. It's been a long while since I've seen these "Oh yeah?! Well my console-company can beat up your console company!" topics, but that's probably because I don't really go on forums which tend to have that anymore.