View Poll Results: Which system are you buying FFXIII for?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

58 60.42%

16 16.67%
  • I have both, but PS3

16 16.67%
  • I have both, but 360

3 3.13%
  • I have both, so both

0 0%
  • Neither

2 2.08%
  • I don't like Final Fantasy.

1 1.04%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 360 or PS3: Which are you more likely to buy it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    That's silly. Jessweeee is right though. It's only 3 discs right? Even though I prefer just one disc, switching them really can't be that big of a deal at all. I don't feel like it's really be a massive hindrance to have to get up, and switch discs once every two days, or however long it takes you to progress to that part of the game [shorter or longer depending on how much time you can spend on the game]. If anything, it sounds like another dramatized effort in an attempt to be anti-Microsoft or something. I thought preteen console fandom died before 2005.
    SHHHHHHHH! i work for Sony!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I wish that you were wrong on that, but every now and then I'll see topics like this which will remind me otherwise. It's been a long while since I've seen these "Oh yeah?! Well my console-company can beat up your console company!" topics,...
    On a side note a PS3 could totally beat up a 360. It weighs like twice as much, has a domed architecture for structural integrity, and would be able resist overheating far longer should they become deadlocked.

EDIT: Also the PS3 is far quieter, allowing it to most likely get the drop on the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    On a side note a PS3 could totally beat up a 360. It weighs like twice as much, has a domed architecture for structural integrity, and would be able resist overheating far longer should they become deadlocked.

EDIT: Also the PS3 is far quieter, allowing it to most likely get the drop on the 360.
    Haha. Now that's an argument I'd be eager to entertain. I'm afraid you have caught me off-guard.

Probably PS3, because of no disc swapping. And I thought I read somewhere that the cut scenes will play in a higher resolution on the PS3 version (1080 vs 720). But that might just be some conjecture from a Sony fan.
    "You may say that though Zanarkand is gone from this world, it lives on in the song."

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht Shot View Post
    Probably PS3, because of no disc swapping. And I thought I read somewhere that the cut scenes will play in a higher resolution on the PS3 version (1080 vs 720). But that might just be some conjecture from a Sony fan.
    No clue. I heard there was only a slight quality reduction which I really didn't notice [and I felt was a smart move]. There may have been some resolution reduction as well, but not a lot because looking at the differences between the two, I really didn't notice anything different. Of course, I was only trying to be impartial. I'm sure someone more out to find the differences will notice at least some.

I'm planning to get a PS3 so I will buy and play it on that.

According to IGN, the PS3 version does indeed look better:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061264p1.html

Between disc swapping and graphics, I guess my mind is made up.

They also mentioned they like the battle system and the character growth (Crystarium) system.

However, unlike many 360 to PS3 ports (or vice versa, like Bayonetta), the 360 version runs as smoothly as the PS3 version. The article above mentions that, as does this article:

1UP's RPG Blog : Final Fantasy XIII Goes Cross-Platform, with Aplomb
    "You may say that though Zanarkand is gone from this world, it lives on in the song."

Uh-oh. I have this rant-urge coming on again - watch out everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht Shot View Post
    According to IGN, the PS3 version does indeed look better:

Final Fantasy XIII Preview - Xbox 360 Preview - at IGN
    Seriously, speaking from experience of seeing it firsthand for myself at a premiere festival that happened here, the only way you're going to be able to tell any difference at all is by seeing them side-by-side in HD, and that's only if you're someone that's obsessed with trying to find a difference. I'm being realistic here. Guaranteed that anybody who actually plays won't notice a damned thing, a couple people I know already testified to such. I also think "disc swapping" is also dramatic, since you're probably just going to change the disc once every two days.

This isn't directed at you Jecht Shot, but it's so annoying how sometimes fans complain about the damnedest things and make it sound SO dramatic. I played Baldur's Gate for the PC a long time ago, which literally had actual disc swapping [example: I'm on an area that requires disc 3. I move to the area that's directly east, which happens to be on disc 2. After that, I need to go to the area directly north, which happens to be on disc 4. Whoops! I forgot something back south real quick, so I need to go back there, which means I gotta put disc 2 back in. After that I can go back, which means back to disc 4 <----- all in about 40 minutes], and it seriously wasn't even a big deal. I don't feel it detracted much from my gaming pleasure, and I still enjoyed the game. But to use an example you guys might be more familiar with, we could talk about FF VII or Star Ocean 4. Back when FF VII came out, nobody cared that you had to change the disc once a week [depending on how much time you had to play between homework and stuff], but now all of a sudden it's such an inconvenience. I kinda wonder that some of these people might be in need of a treadmill or something.

I know I complain a lot about characters, art style, story plots, and music in video games. I can partially understand a complaint about a slight decrease in resolution or graphics. But come on - disc swapping? Give me a break.

People that own a PS3 and a 360: Get it for the PS3 since it's about 3% more convenient and has a slightly higher res, which you probably aren't even going to notice. For the record, I'll be getting it for the PS3 as well for these reasons.

People that own only a 360: You're seriously not missing out on anything worth mentioning.

End of ridiculous discussion designed to provoke ridiculous console vs console arguments [I hope]. Man it feels good to rage over silly things - irony not unnoticed by me!

My suitemate will be getting it on 360, so if I play it (probably won't) it'll be in that.

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post

Care to hook me up with a free PS3 then? Promise I'll buy games and Blu-ray and all that.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    My suitemate will be getting it on 360, so if I play it (probably won't) it'll be in that.

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post

Care to hook me up with a free PS3 then? Promise I'll buy games and Blu-ray and all that.
    you must swear on the HOLY BOOK OF SONY that you will only buy sony products trash your X360 and convince all your friends who have a 360 to make the switch or make them feel like S**t. you can also sneak into their house @ night and demolish their 360, then show up in the morning and brag about how amazing the PS3 is and why they should take advantage of it.

PS. i hope you know im being sarcastic. i dont work for Sony nor do i encourage violence on sub-par, bluray-less systems.(although it'd be a funny headline..."console wars claims its first victim as sony nerd trashes 360 owners house to destroy his console and showed up later to convince him to buy a PS3")

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

People that own a PS3 and a 360: Get it for the PS3 since it's about 3% more convenient and has a slightly higher res, which you probably aren't even going to notice. For the record, I'll be getting it for the PS3 as well for these reasons.

People that own only a 360: You're seriously not missing out on anything worth mentioning.

End of ridiculous discussion designed to provoke ridiculous console vs console arguments [I hope]. Man it feels good to rage over silly things - irony not unnoticed by me!
    I agree with this assessment. There are differences in quality between two ports of any title, but I don't think that correcting this difference in quality is worth the price of a Playstation 3.

If you were planning to buy a Playstation 3 and you were waiting for Final Fantasy XIII, then that sounds like a good idea as long as you were thinking about picking up some other games in the future.

All of the sources that I have looked at state that the game is due to be released on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on March 9, 2010.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My Dad got a free PS3 for selling a lot of Tires so I'll be playing it on that

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Someday I`ll have a PS3 and play FF13..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Adjustment of answer for myself: I will hopefully get it packaged in with a PS3 bundle.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

PS3, given that I just one for Christmas - BAM!

Aside being Pro-PS and anti-XBox for gaming, the PS3 is also a BluRay player with 250 GB of storage space (I know xbox 360 elite has 250 GB of storage as well, but whatever).

That, and other PS3 titles, such as Ratchet and Clank (yes, I enjoy the odd mindless, humorous, 3rd person action game, too).

And yeah, I've become used to the PS style controller rather than that grotesque thing XBox will have you use to manipulate it.

Oh yeah, and another reason is that FF VII and FF VIII has been released on PS Network. Should be pretty sweet if and when FFIX, FFX and FFXII are released for PS Network.

And Blu-Rays are very durable, so FFXIII as a Blu-Ray disc should prove to be a good investment.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.