View Poll Results: Which system are you buying FFXIII for?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

58 60.42%

16 16.67%
  • I have both, but PS3

16 16.67%
  • I have both, but 360

3 3.13%
  • I have both, so both

0 0%
  • Neither

2 2.08%
  • I don't like Final Fantasy.

1 1.04%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 360 or PS3: Which are you more likely to buy it for?

I already have the PlayStation III version and I have no X Box. So the answer is really quite simple.

I'll buy an X Box to buy Final Fantasy XIII for it as well when it is released - LOL.

No, maybe not.

I have neither, but I plan to buy a PS3 soon, when I can afford it. So obviously, I'll be getting it for PS3.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    People that own a PS3 and a 360: Get it for the PS3 since it's about 3% more convenient and has a slightly higher res, which you probably aren't even going to notice. For the record, I'll be getting it for the PS3 as well for these reasons.

People that own only a 360: You're seriously not missing out on anything worth mentioning.
    I'd like to think that even those of us who have criticized the multiplatform move, have, at the end of the day, expressed the same sentiment all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle
    There are differences in quality between two ports of any title, but I don't think that correcting this difference in quality is worth the price of a Playstation 3.
    That's only if you're already a 360-only owner.

Quote Originally Posted by cetra1 View Post
    I already have the PlayStation III version and I have no X Box. So the answer is really quite simple.

I'll buy an X Box to buy Final Fantasy XIII for it as well when it is released
    LOL.

This is a really simple and dry-humour joke, but for some reason it made me crack up when I read it.

Blog Entries

PS3. Other controllers still feel funny.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    I do agree about the controllers. The 360 isn't too bad once I get used to it, but it still gives me hand cramps and my thumb gets kinda swollen from the analog. Of all the systems I've played on, I'd say the PS2 (haven't tried PS3!) has the most user-friendly controller.

They're all the freaking same.

Maybe it's just me, but I've Never had any problems with any controller, going all the way back to the original NES controller. I can't believe people still complain about this stuff [no offense Jessweeee♪].

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're all the freaking same.

Maybe it's just me, but I've Never had any problems with any controller, going all the way back to the original NES controller. I can't believe people still complain about this stuff [no offense Jessweeee♪].
    Probably just you. My opinion on the Gamecube controller changes on an almost weekly basis

Maybe it's just me, but I've Never had any problems with any controller, .
    You clearly never played an Atari Jaguar then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    You clearly never played an Atari Jaguar then.
    I did. I never had one of my own, but my friend did when I was about 8 years old or so. That's the one with the number pad that's kind of like a phone, right? With red buttons? If this isn't the controller you're talking about, then I guess I'll have to concede that point. If this is the right one though, then it clearly wasn't the best controller, but I don't see the point in referencing a console that most people haven't played on or owned to compare to mainstream consoles ranging from classic to modern. I don't consider Atari to fall anywhere near this category since most people have never owned one.

Controllers I'm talking about:

NES
    SNES
    Sega Genesis
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo 64
    Playstation
    Playstation 2
    XBOX
    Gamecube
    Playstation 3
    XBOX 360
    Wii

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Have you every played with the original sized North American XBOX controllers?

And there is no way you can say a modern day game controller isn't more comfortable to hold for hours on end than an NES button box. PS3 to 360 isn't much of a difference, I would chalk it up to preference, but I do like the PS controller a noticeably better amount.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Have you every played with the original sized North American XBOX controllers?
    Of course I did. Yes it was huge and bulky, and looked rather silly. Was it hard to use at all? No. And it's true that I preferred the smaller versions that came out soon after, but in all honesty while playing the game, I didn't notice a damned difference between the two. I'm too busy playing the game. Both controllers fit into hands, both have easy access to the buttons, etc. I suppose people with small hands would get annoyed with the first one that came out, but that's the probably the only real complaint I'd accept as being valid.

And there is no way you can say a modern day game controller isn't more comfortable to hold for hours on end than an NES button box.
    An NES controller feels weird to me now, yes. I'm too used to modern controllers. However during the time those consoles came out, those controllers felt fine to me. I never had a problem with them. I used to play games like Zelda, Mario 3, Crystalis, Dragon Warrior I-IV, Ninja Gaiden, etc, for hours on end during the weekends. And suppose I did grab an NES controller right now and started playing on my old NES which is still next to me on my desk right now - It would probably feel awkward for about 40 seconds of using it, then I'd be comfortable with it.

PS3 to 360 isn't much of a difference
    Almost no difference at all. I honestly just plain don't notice it while I'm playing, to the point where I forget which console I'm playing on sometimes. The only exception to this is the Wii controller, because it's very interactive.

Articles
    Blog Entries

An NES controller feels weird to me now, yes. I'm too used to modern controllers. However during the time those consoles came out, those controllers felt fine to me. I never had a problem with them. I used to play games like Zelda, Mario 3, Crystalis, Dragon Warrior I-IV, Ninja Gaiden, etc, for hours on end during the weekends. And suppose I did grab an NES controller right now and started playing on my old NES which is still next to me on my desk right now - It would probably feel awkward for about 40 seconds of using it, then I'd be comfortable with it.
    I wholeheartedly sympathize with this statement, I think a lot of presumptuous people need to wake up and realize it. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd be buying FFXIII on the NES.

Someone get the Chinese on the damn phone!!!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

My hands totally cramp up when I use a NES controller. But then again, my hand cramp up if I cut up vegetables on a cutting board.

I never notice the difference going to PS3->360, it seems the same to me, but when I go 360->PS3 after playing for a little bit it just occurs to me that the controller feels more comfortable. But when I first pick it up I don't think of it at all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Probably worth making a new thread in General Gaming over, guys. Haha. The only one I found really weird was the N64.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!