View Poll Results: Which system are you buying FFXIII for?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

58 60.42%

16 16.67%
  • I have both, but PS3

16 16.67%
  • I have both, but 360

3 3.13%
  • I have both, so both

0 0%
  • Neither

2 2.08%
  • I don't like Final Fantasy.

1 1.04%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 360 or PS3: Which are you more likely to buy it for?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    My hands totally cramp up when I use a NES controller. But then again, my hand cramp up if I cut up vegetables on a cutting board.
    That could be a lot of things: from the height of the counter, to the knife you are using, to holding the blade wrong or physiology, etc...But I digress...

My hand only cramps if I hold it too hard, or put too much stress on it. Happens often after not playing Soul Calibur for a long time and go against my friend for a few rounds (PS2 & PS3).

I've never owned a N64, but I've played it plenty of times. The first time I ever saw the controller it looked so confusing. :s

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Nope, it just exceeds my mechanical dexterity threshold. I'm blessed with incredibly poor abilities of motor control. Most activities that require fine motor control with cause my hands to seize up, which is why the shape of the controller is of particular importance to me.

I actually really disliked the Gamecube controller, it just really rubbed me the wrong way, I could never feel comfortable with it's controls.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

360. I own one (or I did - my parents gave it to my brother the second I left for University last year!) and there's nothing really on the PS3 that I want that isn't on 360. Final Fantasy WAS one of my only reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    360. I own one (or I did - my parents gave it to my brother the second I left for University last year!) and there's nothing really on the PS3 that I want that isn't on 360. Final Fantasy WAS one of my only reasons.
    Aw, there's really nothing on the PS3 that appeals to you? There has to be something, it does have some nice games on it.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That most recent Metal Gear Solid game was the only one I can think of recently. I was jealous of my boss (when I was working in Gamestop at the time) who had a PS3 to play it. He bought the PS3 just for that game. xD

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just have a PS3 so I'll be going for that

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

360, for the simple reason that I don't have a PS3 and have no immediate plans to get one.

I don't get the disc-swapping thing as a criticism. I swap discs every time I want to play a different game, after all. Getting up in the middle of a game to change a disc isn't any worse a deal And I rarely play something exclusively these days, so I'm unlikely to actually want to sit down and play right through something from start to finish without switching to some lunatic buggering around in Assassin's Creed II or trying to get into some Salarian panties in Mass Effect 2 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    360, for the simple reason that I don't have a PS3 and have no immediate plans to get one.

I don't get the disc-swapping thing as a criticism. I swap discs every time I want to play a different game, after all. Getting up in the middle of a game to change a disc isn't any worse a deal And I rarely play something exclusively these days, so I'm unlikely to actually want to sit down and play right through something from start to finish without switching to some lunatic buggering around in Assassin's Creed II or trying to get into some Salarian panties in Mass Effect 2 anyway.
    I agree with you on the disc swapping things for the most part, but Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a bitch about disc swapping. To get all the funeral Buquet scenes, you need a total of ten. YOu are only given one Buquet and have to make the rest.

To get the one material for it, you have to go to on particular spot on the last world. However, it is only about a 1/3 chance to get it, and if you miss you have to leave hte planet and come back. And whenever you leave it, you have to switch disks. So if you want to see all the scenes, you'll need to switch discs about 24+ times between disc 4 and 3. That, my friend, is freaking rediciulous.

Though most games don't really do that, so it's not a problem for the most part.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This will be the only FF I own other than a PC version of FFVII that my dad got me a long time ago.

I don't own no PS3. Or PS2. I got TheAbominatrix's old PS1 somewhere don't I? Hmm...

If I owned a ps3.. But yea FF in my mind would only be for PS Systems.

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

I actually chose a PS3 over an Xbox about a year ago because of FFXIII (when it was an exclusive to PS3).

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peabob View Post
    I actually chose a PS3 over an Xbox about a year ago because of FFXIII (when it was an exclusive to PS3).
    LOL I did, too. Well that, MGS4 and GTAIV because it was the only one where I'd be able to play all three of these.

Looking at how the two consoles have developed since then, I'm glad I made that choice.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I just want the game dammit!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

xD, I agree with Rye's posts.
    I own a PS3 and the only games I own are Metal Gear Solid 4 and a pre-ordered copy of FFXIII.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't care much for PS3 but the way I hear it you should really get Valkyria Chronicles. And once it comes out I have to get a PS3 so I can play The Last Guardian.

But otherwise yeah, me too pretty much