Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Turns out the 360 really did compromise the PS3 version

The basic facts are:

1. We were lied to
    2. FF13 will be downgraded so it can do both platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Or maybe they aren't cutting these things for equality sake, but so they can then market a FFXIII 'complete' for the PS3 in a year or two's time.... Need something to fill the gap till FFXV.

I think I'm on to something here.
    Knowing Square-Enix... :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I would re-link it if I could, but there was an article posted here a while back showing companies like EA and a couple other big ones making more profit on their PS3 sales then that of 360 sales, but I can't seem to find the article anywhere, if anyone still has it, the link would be appreciated.
    To make more profit than they do on the Xbox 360 would mean they would need to hike the price on PS3 games to the point that they can sell millions less and still make more money. So basically that's just them ripping you off for owning a different console and you should probably focus more on complaining about that than about multiplatform releases being adjusted to suit both consoles. That's something I would complain about! Is this true, though? Because that's pretty harsh on customers.
    Thats why I need to find that article, cause I know both systems games cost the same.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I would re-link it if I could, but there was an article posted here a while back showing companies like EA and a couple other big ones making more profit on their PS3 sales then that of 360 sales, but I can't seem to find the article anywhere, if anyone still has it, the link would be appreciated.
    Analysis: PS3 selling more games than Xbox 360 with smaller install base - GAMER.BLORGE

PS3 turning the corner by becoming EA’s top seller? - GAMER.BLORGE

PS3 did it again for EA this year so far as well:
    PS3 outperforms Xbox 360 for EA | Gaming Industry | MCV

Of course Activision is an exception, with Call of Duty and Guitar Hero performing a little better on 360. But that's probably about to change w/ recent trends in the market (which is something us, as gamers, shouldn't have to worry ourselves about and discuss in forums, unfortunately we have to because in the console war, PS3-bashing always turns to the dead end of sales which are increasingly in the ps3's favor anyway.)

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

*sticks a giant "BAWWWWW" sticker on a couple of members*

Did the previous FF games require Blu-Ray discs to allow us access to every location without disk switching and, optional language choices that really don't inflict a great amount of deal toward what the game truly is?

I think people are becoming gamer greedy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Arrow mm

Yeah, in FFX at the end game you could visit every location (NEARLY, Bevelle You can't, but thats about it as far as I can rememeber)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only problem I have with this is the idea that the game will have X's pacing where I'm stuck for forty hours playing a boring plot with dumb downed and completely un-fun gameplay and my only diversion is blitzball which also gets repetitive and boring after forty hours.

Having to wait until reaching the Calm Lands or waiting til you get the airship in the last ten minutes of the plot before you can do 90% of all the sidequests does strike a bit of a chord with me. Its one of my game design beefs with FFX. So the idea that SE might switch around quests and make the majority of them wait til the end of the game kinda has me a bit concerned cause it means the plot and basic combat system will have to carry it. I've seen this work (Xenosaga) and I've seen it fail (FFX). I might ease up if I see how the level system will work or how combat works on advanced levels.

I thought everyone knew it was going to be for both ps3 and xbox 360 ever since FFXIII promotions were made before FFXII was even out. Plus everyone should have also already known the maximum capacity for a ps3 is higher than xbox 360 so if one expected Square to put everything they could into it then they would either have to make differences in the title between the two systems or make it suit the xbox 360's capacity, sacrificing some of the features it could have had if it was made for ps3. I don't really care about this since between these two systems I only own a xbox 360, but if it was the other way around and I only had a ps3 I wouldnt have been particularly surprised at this news =/

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Having all the side quests at the end of the game doesn't matter to me one bit. If the plot is interesting I should be constantly excited to see what comes next. Wanting to screw around as you move through the game is indicative of a weak story to me. (Not knocking games where you can do that, just saying in most environments like that plot isn't up super high on the list of selling points.)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Markus. D View Post

Did the previous FF games require Blu-Ray discs to allow us access to every location without disk switching and, optional language choices that really don't inflict a great amount of deal toward what the game truly is?

Huh? The PS1 FFs had A LOT of things that could only be done on one disc. The things that COULD be done on multiple discs were included in each disc, meaning the same data is being used 3-4 times.

I havnt heard anyone whine as your post so kindly suggests. In fact everyone seemed a bit defensive and quick to write this without anyone actually really moaning.

Im looking forward to the game now that the release date has been announced in JP. Hopefully a spring release in the west is set.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    I thought everyone knew it was going to be for both ps3 and xbox 360 ever since FFXIII promotions were made before FFXII was even out.
    There was wild speculation, but there was no evidence of it until a few years into FFXIII's development. It was very much a surprise.

I saw it on gamestop this morning and it said it comes out 6-21-2010 i hope it loves up to the hype

I don't mind the changes, as I already have a 360.

Articles
    Blog Entries

*yawn* IMO

I like having a few small or medium sized side quests in the middle and sorta beginning of the main storyline. It keeps games varied and not always on the plot and gives some nice relief from the somtimes tense Story.

However, if the Beginning and Middle storyline gets to saturated with sidequests, then it can detract from the story, which is bad.

Of course, at the end game, you can put as many side quests as you want.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus. D View Post

Huh? The PS1 FFs had A LOT of things that could only be done on one disc. The things that COULD be done on multiple discs were included in each disc, meaning the same data is being used 3-4 times.

I havnt heard anyone whine as your post so kindly suggests. In fact everyone seemed a bit defensive and quick to write this without anyone actually really moaning.

Im looking forward to the game now that the release date has been announced in JP. Hopefully a spring release in the west is set.
    But actual thoughts of boycotting the game? I mean honestly...