Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Turns out the 360 really did compromise the PS3 version

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one is actually boycotting it yet, I only suggested that it was a possibility cause we all know how bitter fanboys can be about this stuff. I know people who won't play the PS FFs cause of moving from Nintendo and I know PS fanboys who won't play any FF on a non-Sony system. Its ridiculous.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Markus. D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    *sticks a giant "BAWWWWW" sticker on a couple of members*

Did the previous FF games require Blu-Ray discs to allow us access to every location without disk switching and, optional language choices that really don't inflict a great amount of deal toward what the game truly is?

I think people are becoming gamer greedy.
    Huh? The PS1 FFs had A LOT of things that could only be done on one disc. The things that COULD be done on multiple discs were included in each disc, meaning the same data is being used 3-4 times.

I havnt heard anyone whine as your post so kindly suggests. In fact everyone seemed a bit defensive and quick to write this without anyone actually really moaning.

Im looking forward to the game now that the release date has been announced in JP. Hopefully a spring release in the west is set.
    But actual thoughts of boycotting the game? I mean honestly...
    No one is boycotting anything, and if they did, I think most here would agree that would be stupid. Just goes to show that you were a little too quick off the mark.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

PS3 is a bit really, there's more in the online store I want than actual games. I got a PS1 at launch and a PS2 a few months after, I played more PS1 games than I didn't and I played a huge number of PS2 games. Between 1995 and 2006 I played more PS stuff than anything else by a wide margin. I don't see why Squenix should for one minute have stuck to the PS3 when Sony couldn't even convince me to buy one over a 360. And whilst PS3 sales are improving now, back when Squenix had to actually make this decision the view was a bit different.

And whilst FFX was a bit extreme about it, it's not as if other FFs have been different in pacing. You have to go through 90% of the game before the majority of the sidequests actually open up.

thats totally bull

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    PS3 is a bit really, there's more in the online store I want than actual games. I got a PS1 at launch and a PS2 a few months after, I played more PS1 games than I didn't and I played a huge number of PS2 games. Between 1995 and 2006 I played more PS stuff than anything else by a wide margin. I don't see why Squenix should for one minute have stuck to the PS3 when Sony couldn't even convince me to buy one over a 360. And whilst PS3 sales are improving now, back when Squenix had to actually make this decision the view was a bit different.
    Hillary Clinton is a beautiful woman.

Seriously though, PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide its first year (2007) and continued to do so until the 360 dropped to $199, yet continues to outsell them on a month-for-month time series since launch, and that time series is just coming up now to the 3 year mark when the 360 dropped to $199, at a time when analysts are predicting shortages for the PS3 slim.

While I agree with you that Sony did not convince me either to buy a ps3 in the first year, our unawareness does not change the fact that Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Ratchet & Clank Future, Warhawk, and Resistance: Fall of Man was actually an amazing Year One Lineup.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Hillary Clinton is a beautiful woman.

Seriously though, PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide its first year (2007) and continued to do so until the 360 dropped to $199, yet continues to outsell them on a month-for-month time series since launch, and that time series is just coming up now to the 3 year mark when the 360 dropped to $199, at a time when analysts are predicting shortages for the PS3 slim.

While I agree with you that Sony did not convince me either to buy a ps3 in the first year, our unawareness does not change the fact that Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Ratchet & Clank Future, Warhawk, and Resistance: Fall of Man was actually an amazing Year One Lineup.
    I dont want to completely change the topic here, but, the media and press had a lot to do with that. For some reason all the journalists kept flinging poo at the PS3 and A LOT of misinformation about it came through and is still prevalent somewhat (though i think thats nearly gone now and its pretty equal for systems).
    It was the same with the psp "oh it has no games".
    Right....

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I wonder if there are any non-PS3 owners that are disappointed about this news.
    Me.
    >>> Me too..

I blame Bill Gates for everything..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Christ. What the hell happened here? I forget about this thread and come back to find anarchy. You lot do realise that the article I linked was merely a comment made by some random on a Playstation website. I doubt any of what he said will affect the game in any dramatic way. I kind of regret making this thread to be honest.
    PS3 is a bit really, there's more in the online store I want than actual games.
    So the PS3 is because of a lack of games? I seriously expected more from you. Seriously.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Christ. What the hell happened here? I forget about this thread and come back to find anarchy. You lot do realise that the article I linked was merely a comment made by some random on a Playstation website. I doubt any of what he said will affect the game in any dramatic way. I kind of regret making this thread to be honest.
    PS3 is a bit really, there's more in the online store I want than actual games.
    So the PS3 is because of a lack of games? I seriously expected more from you. Seriously.
    Yes I remember saying that I doubt the article is true, but then I got caught up in it l0l.

Its all pretty stupid to be honest.

As for bitching about these things, what do you expect? Square Enix is a company that is out there to make money, not to do fans a favour. Do you want them to have the money to continue to develop games after this or do you want them to go bankrupt?
    Ugh, don't pull this. You know as well as I do that if they made FFXIII the way they were going to on the PS3 and made a dumbed down one for the 360, they would make AT LEAST as much money as they are dumbing both of them down. Hell, some people may even buy both versions if they're big enough fanboys. Square isn't going to go bankrupt if they don't dumb down the PS3 version, that's not how it works.

If anything, a lot of people are going to not buy the game now that it's been dumbed down from what it could have been, especially since there was outrage about it being multiplatform back when there was no reason for said outrage.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    As for bitching about these things, what do you expect? Square Enix is a company that is out there to make money, not to do fans a favour. Do you want them to have the money to continue to develop games after this or do you want them to go bankrupt?
    Ugh, don't pull this. You know as well as I do that if they made FFXIII the way they were going to on the PS3 and made a dumbed down one for the 360, they would make AT LEAST as much money as they are dumbing both of them down. Hell, some people may even buy both versions if they're big enough fanboys. Square isn't going to go bankrupt if they don't dumb down the PS3 version, that's not how it works.
    Yeah no they're not going to make two different games and call them the same thing. Not happening with a major corporation's flagship series.

Edit: And yeah my friend Hagan has a PS3 and he hasn't played a PS3 game on in for several months, just PSN stuff. FFVII has seen moer play than anything else. Whatever anyone else might feel about the console it simply has not convinced me that it is worth my money and considering I was a release price purchaser for both PSX and PS2 and was loyal to Sony throughout I'd say it's a pretty dire state of affairs

I'm more surprised that anyone else is surprised. I still dont see how nobody saw this coming. Plus, not like the game's expected to suck hard just b/c its going to be on 360 too.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

*sticks a giant "BAWWWWW" sticker on a couple of members*

Did the previous FF games require Blu-Ray discs to allow us access to every location without disk switching and, optional language choices that really don't inflict a great amount of deal toward what the game truly is?

I think people are becoming gamer greedy.
    Huh? The PS1 FFs had A LOT of things that could only be done on one disc. The things that COULD be done on multiple discs were included in each disc, meaning the same data is being used 3-4 times.

I havnt heard anyone whine as your post so kindly suggests. In fact everyone seemed a bit defensive and quick to write this without anyone actually really moaning.

Im looking forward to the game now that the release date has been announced in JP. Hopefully a spring release in the west is set.
    But actual thoughts of boycotting the game? I mean honestly...
    No one is boycotting anything, and if they did, I think most here would agree that would be stupid. Just goes to show that you were a little too quick off the mark.
    I would agree I indeed have, half-reading comments on a thread yields things like that ,_,; apologies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Edit: And yeah my friend Hagan has a PS3 and he hasn't played a PS3 game on in for several months, just PSN stuff. FFVII has seen moer play than anything else. Whatever anyone else might feel about the console it simply has not convinced me that it is worth my money and considering I was a release price purchaser for both PSX and PS2 and was loyal to Sony throughout I'd say it's a pretty dire state of affairs
    I'm sorry man, I'd really hate to derail this thread, but I'd find it pretty hard to believe that you could be excited for any current console at all if your statements are to be believed.

Katamari Forever just came out this week, next week is Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, the week after that is Demon's Souls, and the week after that is Uncharted 2. 2 weeks later is Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, and the God of War Blu-Ray collection as well as Gran Turismo 5 are both slated to come out at the end of the year, not to mention the Uncharted 2 and MAG betas are going on right now. I don't even need to get into the exclusives Sony has coming out at the beginning of next year

Reinforcing this is the fact that Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet and Valkyria Chronicles surpass anything I've played or seen on other current consoles this generation.

The final point is that Heavenly Sword, the Motorstorm games, inFAMOUS, the Resistance games, SOCOM (since being patched), the Ratchet & Clank Future games, Warhawk and Disgaea 3 can go toe-to-toe with the best on any platform.

I understand the downloadable games appeal to you, but these are all retail discs I've just mentioned, and that's quite a lot for your interest not to be piqued by any of them, current or upcoming. I'm really not trying to start a flame war, I just thought I'd put this list out here so maybe we can clarify some of the things we're talking about.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You had to break my damn heart Dreddz. I had always a little incling in my heart that this game was going to suck, but I secretly told myself that I was being silly and hotdamn to those American Xbox owners. It's one thing when yáll get a game that's exclusive for a little while and then we get it later with some additions to it, but it's another thing when you jeapordize the quality of my favorite video game franchise of all time.

I totally agree don't regret my old opinion about it staying PS3 exclusive. I was passionate about it then and definitely now. Oh my poor damn heart! Wasn't it enough that we had to wait this long? This might be the last entry for me if I even decide to get it.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 09-23-2009 at 01:56 AM.