Thread: Most annoying villain: Kuja

Default Most annoying villain: Kuja

I hate Kuja so much in this game. Everything about him: his voice, his lines, his physical appearance, and the way he fights totally irks me. He flies around everywhere and strikes from far away and really fast. At first, I was thinking that either Kefka or Sephiroth would be the most annoying villain, but now, I award that (dis)honor to Kuja. Then again, that's how he's supposed to be, so he should be left as is, but he's still very annoying nonetheless. Who agrees with me?
    Is that your final answer?

Square needs to play Final Fantasy IX again to remember who Kuja is. He acts nothing like he does in Dissidia in his original game. >:[

I just hate him on the battlefield

That Ultima sucks to dodge.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I hate him cause he can appear out of fricking no where and attack me with his balls. "You can't escape!"

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kuja, Kefka, Jecht, and Golbez have all won my awards for villains I do not like to face at higher levels.

Kuja is a bit off I will agree, but he doesn't completely bother me.

Golbez is evil to fight against if your playing a long range fighter like Ulti, Kuja is the anti-Exdeath and Jecht is just plain annoying for brawlers like Cloud and Squall.

And people complain about no balance? Pssh, I love this game.

The villain I had the most trouble against is surprisingly the Emperor. Get him at a high level and get an AI setting like blocker and you are just screwed

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah... Mateus is an ass and Flare is a cheap move, especially when fighting in the more claustrophobic areas.

Everytime I try to attack him, he dodges and says "Well now!".

All the villains are annoying to battle against, but Kuja is the worst.

I still love Kuja cause he was my fav character in the jap version, with that sensual voice and his nice spells, and of course with the memories I have from playing FFIX, he was a great villain...
    But I agree with sdm42393, Square needs to play FFIX again >=( ... As I said in the VA thread, they Killed all the poetry, the sensuality and the arrogance of Kuja... they Killed Kuja...

About fighting him, I don't think he is really so hard to beat, Ultima can be annoying but dodging in the right moment can make u win the battle, cause when he casts Ultima he has to finish the attack even if it fails, so if u dodge and then attack him, he wont dodge, and will surely get damaged... If I remember well, in the jap version he didn't move when casting Ultima, in the Us version he can move, but anyways he is weak when casting, cuase he can't dodge an can't block while doing it. So, a little training on dodging and Kuja is a piece of cake ...
    But, anyway, I think Flare star can be more annoying than Ultima or than Seraphic star...

I still don't get an annoying villain... maybe Chaos at max level... :P
    As for the heroes, I think Onion knight is the most annoying one... he is so fast >=( ...Poor Exdeath, he has to be envious of Onion Knight fast moves xD...
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

To me, villains are a lot more annoying to fight against than heroes.

Let's not limit it to kuja, Mateus looks like david bowie from the labryinth, which i think is actally funny, but ones who need to change, butz=give him a pair seriously, its been a while since i played V, but I thought he had a little more of an edge, Kefka=I like him as is, but I think his fanbase is more hard-core and thus he should be given more specific lines. I see a poser for squall was great, but sephiroths what do u want...ehhh, I want something fresher for a bunch of his lines, maybe some more sarcasam, vs Sephiroth, (ARGGH that hair is just too long, I am scared now!) Or something to personally insult others would be fun, Zidane=tune it down a little, he needs to hit on girls instead of guys like the game. get rid of the wink at the ex burst, i will not stop saying that, Tidus=annoying, but that was him in the game so ok, seriously want to kill shantotto, she is possibly a rival to kuja, voice, lines, play isn't as bad, but overall an irritating and non-satisfying character.