Thread: Alarm clocks. :colbert:

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Alarm clocks. :colbert:

Today, my alarm clock in my phone, even though it was on and it has never failed me before, did not wake me up. I overslept for TWO HOURS. I woke up exactly 10 minutes before I'm usually driving to work (yes, it takes me two hours to get ready). I managed to get ready and get to work on time, but gosh.

Bad alarm clock oversleeping stories?

I am late everyday. And this month....
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Banned

I missed a final and failed a summer school class one year because I ended up oversleeping.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My phone usually wakes me up. I dont' have a backup alarm. One time I did turn my alarm off but went back to sleep, and stu's text woke me up right when the bus would've come, but I threw on clothes and speed-walked and made it on time. That's the worst I've slept in, I guess.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I still think the ideal Colbert is when he shakes his fist. CLIIINTTOOOOOOOON!!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

In highschool I went to bed at 1 and woke up at 5:30am so it was hard to wake up. Soooo I had my phone, my alarm clock that has two alarms on it and another alarm that bounces and makes stupid noises just to wake me up. When i'm out, I'm out cold.

In college I only needed the one but I did hit snooze a lot.

Now I don't need to wake up cause i'm schooless and jobless

We had an alarm cock.

Then they sold the farm and moved to Tennessee.

I once slept in until 1 pm on a school day. xD Alarm clock was set for pm. :/

I overslept like 45 minutes once because I had made that same mistake of putting pm instead of am and ended up getting to work 15 minutes late.

Oh I think I've ran late numerous times in the mornings because of over sleeping...

Of course there was this one time that I didn't switch the daylight savings and I ended up waking up an hour earlier and rushing out thinking I was late when i was in fact right on schedule!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

I slept really hard one night due to being sick for awhile and was late to work by about five hours. My boss was super pissed and thought I was making :bou::bou::bou::bou: up so I went into work and got sent home. I looked like a ghost.

thank you stomach flu

I need to just stop wasting money on Alarm Clocks, they never work for me.

Although it doesn't take a long time for me to get ready, I like to have a good amount of time in the morning before I go to work/do whatever I'm doing that morning. Otherwise I'll probably feel like I'm stressing or something, so I usually like to have 1-2 hours in the morning to get ready and just wake up before I go out the door.
    But, that extra amount of time in the morning also gives me time to oversleep, which happens quite a lot to be honest.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll use my phone normally, the worst story I have is when my phone died so I used my DS as an alarm clock, thats fine the clock is nice and loud, unfortunately it is only so if you remember to set the volume back to max...I had been playing games and no I hadn't. I ended up waking up 10 minutes before my shift started. Thankfully I woke up, called my boss as I threw my uniform on and ran. The boss understood once I lied and said my nephew had cracked his skull open and needed stitches and I'd been looking after my 2 nieces. 3 days later my sister called telling me that my niece had done exactly that lol xD

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Once I was late for school because I slept through my phone alarm. It's pretty tough to do that since I sleep with my phone next to my face, and it's set to max volume.

Everyone else in the house overslept too so it wasn't my fault. And it was only like 10-15 minutes late.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My alarm clock is very piercing, and my morning routine very regular. Accordingly, I often wake up about two minutes before my alarm goes off. It's kind of nice being able to shut it up before it starts making noise, while still getting out of bed on time.