Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by In #eoff
    < Shiny > Kanye is a tool.
    Oh and Beyonce is amazing.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    90% of his hit singles feature sampling of other great songs eg. Stronger featured heavy sampling of the Daft Punk song Harder,Better Faster, Stronger. Sampling does not take talent just basic computing skills. As a musician I'm highly critical of sampling its basically piggybacking on other musicians talents. I'm not looking to argue this point on sampling by the way I can't be swayed.
    Guess I'll just say that I patently disagree, then.
    And I am very much with Kawaii Ryukishi here. Sampling doesn't take talent? Listen to Paul's Boutique by Beastie Boys, Since I Left You by The Avalaches or Entroducing by DJ Shadow and then say that. The latter two (and much of the former) were entirely built from samples and are brilliant. And countless great songs have used samples over the years. You say won't be swayed? Fine, you don't have to like it. But to say sampling doesn't require any talent is complete nonsense.

I do wish Kanye West would let the music do the talking sometimes anyway. As Breine said, he doesn't need to act like this.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Pictures before the event have Kanye with his lady on one arm and a bottle of Hennessy in the other hand. Also has him sharing it with a member of Fallout Boy and Joe Jackson.

There's a possibility that he was pretty drunk when that happened.

His message wasn't wrong, but his delivery definitely was.

FWIW, he wrote an apology on his blog not too long afterwards (like he usually does after these outbursts, in ALL CAPS), probably still drunk.

It's gone now in favor of a more sensible one.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like that "I GAVE MY AWARDS TO OUTKAST WHEN THEY DESERVED IT OVER ME" like Taylor should've given hers to Beyonce or something. It's interesting that he disregards the opinions of the award-givers so regularly, as if his opinion were the only correct one.

I was amused by his blog reaction to the "Fishsticks" South Park episode, but it doesn't seem like he's made any progress towards his goal of being a doper person.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    it doesn't seem like he's made any progress towards his goal of being a doper person.
    It depends on whether or not you consider rampant use of exclamation points to be a belonging of dopeness.

Also, to be fair, Beyonce's video was one of the best videos of all time--of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    . It might have been different if Kanye had done it to someone older and more established like Kelly Clarkson or Pink, but Swift must have felt overwhelmed as it is being in a category with heavy weights like Beyonce and to have someone put her on blast and saying she's unworthy in front of millions of people... god, so not cool.

!
    because he is a little bitch and did it to a 110 lbs little girl, you thinkhe would have tried that with someone more established and who would have tossed his ass off the stage. i cant stand him i think he is the most ignorant acting artist ever

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I'm not crazy y'all.
    Hahahaha, okay bud. Beyonce should make a song and the lyrics should go, "You lookin' so crazy right now" to the beat of Crazy in Love as a tribute to Kanye.

I agree it was a pretty ass thing to do, but does it really warrent this much hate? I mean, he stated he felt beyonce's was better and left. That was it...

Again, it was an innapropriate time to do so, and I"m not saying he should have, but really people? I mean, I've see comments posted on youtube far worse then this, and on a daily basis.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not that he said Beyonce's was better just really quick and was done, it's that he turned what was going to be one of the best moments in a young girls life and humiliated her. And for no reason, too, as Beyonce got an even better award later.

So, yes, it really does warrant this much hate. It was a decidedly un-dope thing to do to someone in front of millions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    It's not that he said Beyonce's was better just really quick and was done, it's that he turned what was going to be one of the best moments in a young girls life and humiliated her. And for no reason, too, as Beyonce got an even better award later.

So, yes, it really does warrant this much hate. It was a decidedly un-dope thing to do to someone in front of millions of people.
    I guess I just don't see how one guy going 'I think she was better' at an inappropriate time is very humiliating.

Edit: Maybe if he grabbed her boobs while doing it I'd understand.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's because she has no fire or retort or anything to it. She looked so crumpled. If she was like "Okay, FU, that wasn't dope, was it?" everyone would have just laughed it off. But it WAS like kicking a kitten!

So if she did have a witty comeback it would somehow change the assholery of what Kanye did?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I hate Kanye as a person, but I think he has SOME good music, not all of it.
    Opposite, I hate Beyonce's music, but think she's a great person.
    And in the middle I don't hate or love Taylor Swift music, and she's just a sweet girl. My girlfriend loves her music though (they're the same age and such), so I end up hearing it a lot. Unlike Beyonce, I can actually stand her music.

I have seen neither video, nor do I care to, but simply, I would never support a Beyonce song anyways.

As for Kanye, everyone just needs to ignore him. And I honestly would have punched him if I was on stage when he did that.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

ahahah I remember that. ODB was a badman. If Kanye was as much of a freak as ODB he would have gotten away with it