Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: Kanye is the Voice of the Generation

I just personally believe what Jesus said in the Bible that the only judge of mankind is God himself and I personally don't do it I just hope that people will do better.
    Yeah, you're lying if you are saying that you have never judged another person at face value or otherwise.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

@Depression Moon: but aren't you judging us for judging him? You judger, you! :P

Blog Entries

Get Martin Shaw in here!

there was a picture here

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why you got bad taste in music Google?

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Banned

This is the best thing to happen ever. I don't give a about Taylor Swift and if or when she b'awwwed about it, but I love it when Kanye does like this. It always makes me lol.

Besides if I was her I'd just be like "nigga, please" and continued on. Anyone who is afraid of Kanye deserves that. Who's afraid of a gay fish?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Pink Grin ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakableWill View Post
    Why you got bad taste in music Google?
    [large image]
    Rofl.

Who changed the title from "Kanye West Is A Tool" to "Kanye West Is The Voice Of The Generation"?

BS. He has the IQ of 10 year old.

(Sorry To 10 Year olds who may have been offended)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I just personally believe what Jesus said in the Bible that the only judge of mankind is God himself and I personally don't do it I just hope that people will do better.
    By saying you hope people will do "better," you are making a judgment call that judging people is somehow worse than what you perceive that you are doing, which means that you are not doing what you perceive and are instead doing what you are judging other people for doing.

I personally feel, with or without the Bible, that judging people as better or worse than yourself (or society, etc) is wrong, but judging them as their own entity based on their actions is not only appropriate but unavoidable.

Also, the Google one is the best one so far, followed closely by the Dori one. xD

imho the title should really be "KANYE IS GAY ELVIS, TAYLOR SWIFT IS COUNTRY THANKS MTV, BEYONCE'S LEGS, ENCYCLOPEDIA LADY DRAMATIGAGA, AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME."

This thread = potpourri meme mtv brilliance. Also Russell Brand stinks.

Blog Entries

Who changed the title from "Kanye West Is A Tool" to "Kanye West Is The Voice Of The Generation"?

Yo, he's a lyrical wordsmith, yo.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post

Yo, he's a lyrical wordsmith, yo.
    Maybe when compared to Chingy...

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't give a crap about Kanye West or Beyonce or Taylor Swift. Their value to me is exclusively based on entertainment. And between the South Park episode and the recent drama and the new meme based on said drama, Kanye West has been very entertaining. I say keep it up!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd never heard of Swift until this incident, but that was still some grade-A douchery from West during the awards. In isolation it wouldn't be as bad, but as part of a trend it was just really crummy.

:edit: there've been some pretty decent lulz as a result, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    By saying you hope people will do "better," you are making a judgment call that judging people is somehow worse than what you perceive that you are doing, which means that you are not doing what you perceive and are instead doing what you are judging other people for doing.

I personally feel, with or without the Bible, that judging people as better or worse than yourself (or society, etc) is wrong, but judging them as their own entity based on their actions is not only appropriate but unavoidable.

Also, the Google one is the best one so far, followed closely by the Dori one. xD
    Judging actions and a person are different I'm not judging anyone here personally. I mean rightly as name calling or calling someone a horrible human being is just the judgement that I do not like. I also don't understand how it's not okay to do this to other members on this site, but to do so to some random staranger or celebrity. I think we have a misconception of words. I just personally believe that because of the experiences that I have witnessed . I just go on the actions, not as who they are themselves because I have no right to base an assumption on someone I really don't know. People assume and can make thing terrible for that. You can't really know what's going on those basis without taking a trip into that person's mind and another example of that is what that person has made a statement to me earlier saying that I'm lying to myself. How would one really know that if they do not know me. I didn't make the whole statement as a whole either. I had done some in the past, but it wasn't really anything serious and the ones that were I regret it. I just grown to live by different morals now.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 09-19-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post

Judging actions and a person are different I'm not judging anyone here personally. I mean rightly as name calling or calling someone a horrible human being is just the judgement that I do not like. I also don't understand how it's not okay to do this to other members on this site, but to do so to some random staranger or celebrity. I think we have a misconception of words. I just personally believe that because of the experiences that I have witnessed . I just go on the actions, not as who they are themselves because I have no right to base an assumption on someone I really don't know. People assume and can make thing terrible for that. You can't really know what's going on those basis without taking a trip into that person's mind and another example of that is what that person has made a statement to me earlier saying that I'm lying to myself. How would one really know that if they do not know me. I didn't make the whole statement as a whole either. I had done some in the past, but it wasn't really anything serious and the ones that were I regret it. I just grown to live by different morals now.
    That doesn't change the fact that you're condemning others for making judgments about Kanye West as an individual. You are telling others that it is wrong to make character judgments, but in-so-doing you have made a judgment that someone else is doing something wrong. Your argument is inherently cyclical and hypocritical. If you truly wish to become completely non-judgmental, you would not only have to become completely apathetic in response to things, but also in your thoughts. I would argue this is completely impossible for any human being.