Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Mountain

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Holy Mountain

Have you ever seen a really bizarre movie? What's the oddest film you've seen?

Today for class, we watched a film called, Holy Mountain and all I could think while watching it was, "Holy ". It has the most awkward, uncomfortable scenes I have ever seen in any movie so far. If you don't believe me, I will give you an example. Towards the middle of the film, there is a scene that features a large robotic vagina. A man tries to please the vagina with some sort of massive tube thing, but the robotic vagina doesn't respond so then a woman takes the tube (whilst being completely naked) and then proceeds to penetrate the robotic vagina with it.

The machine then opens up and releases a smaller robotic "baby" vagina that makes crying and gurgling noises. What the hell. That's not even the weirdest thing in this film. Anyway, like most pretentious films with bouts of Biblical symbolism, a lot of people like it. You may too if you're in to robotic vaginas...

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Society - a late 80s film which in its finale becomes truly grotesque, I think the only way I can describe it is 'human mozarella'. Bloody odd film. Good though.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dogville was just... very strange. It's basically like watching a filmed play. A very disturbed play.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Dogville was just... very strange. It's basically like watching a filmed play. A very disturbed play.
    The worst thing is that's relatively normal for a Lars von Trier film. Now The Idiots or Antichrist on the other hand...
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What class was this, Shiny? o_O

In the same sort of way, End of Evangelion was incredibly bizarre. (SPOILER)There's a scene where Lilith/Rei develops a giant vagina on her forehead, with an eyeball inside it. Shinji, inside a giant red crucifix, pierces the eyeball and they merge as one. Really smurfing weird.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    What class was this, Shiny? o_O
    It was my International Cinema class. I believe the director is from Chile and the film was originally done in Spanish and later dubbed with English. This made the movie even weirder because the dub was horribly synced.

Another weird film that I forgot to mention is Brazil, but it at least explains the oddity at the end.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I loved Brazil! It was great, from what I remember.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The summaries I'd read of Videodrome made it sound like something that'd really appeal to me, but when I watched it, I just wtf'd the whole time. The main character isn't sure if he's hallucinating the whole time or not, but at one point develops a vagina in his stomach that he sticks a gun in. Later, he gets some clue to go on a killing spree, and the stomach-gina reopens so he can pull the gun out, and when he wraps his hand around it his fingernails spike out and go through his wrist so his hand is basically trapped to the gun. Then he kills a bunch of people and himself.

It's just a really weird movie.

Yeah, I own this in my Alejandro Jodorowsky collection. I would recommend you see "El Topo" his movie before this one. It's a bit more mainstream.

This reaaally weird indie clay animation version of Tom Thumb which was violent and very strange indeed, but also awesome.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Oh man, I saw a bit of that. It was kind of just HELLO AREN'T WE SHOCKING but it was made quite a few years ago iirc so I guess it's not so bad.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Brazil weirded me the smurf out. Stu seemed to like it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Happiness of the Katakuris is also pretty weird. For example, during the beginning of the film, a woman is eating soup and pulls out a claymated little monster elf thing that falls in love with her uvula. She then turns in to a clamaytion while the elf thing pulls out her uvula and eats it.

Banned

What is with all these strange movies with strange vagina stuff?

Anyway just because, I think The Item tops off that list. It's... I don't even know what it's about. I just remember there being aliens and drag queens and then there was this weird sex scene between one of the drag queens and aliens... jfc I was like 13 and traumatized.

I think Antichrist is as bizarre as I've seen. Pretty much everyone coming out of the cinema looked in a state of bewilderment. I really didn't know what to think. I still have no idea if it was any good; I guess films like that can't be classified on any kind of enjoyment scale (unless you enjoy very strange things indeed).