Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanye is the Voice of the Generation

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Kanye is the Voice of the Generation

Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Really? I mean I thought it was so uncalled for. Yeah you may have that opinion but you don't need to take away someones moment to promote your own thoughts.

Kanye is a tool. We all know this, but what are your opinions on what he did?

He's an egotistical jackass doing egotistical stunts to promote his own agenda and opinions because he wants the attention. He's an attention whore and an idiot.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Hasn't he done this before? Anyway this is hardly news, Kanye West is a very good musician at his best but as said it's well documented by now that he does have an ego the size of Jupiter.

All very silly, but as they say all publicity is good publicity which is probably why he did it.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hehe, I was waiting for someone to make this thread. I knew someone would.

Kanye West has been this insane for quite some time. I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift, but she seems like a nice girl and picking on her like that was pretty damn mean. Kanye's last award show outburst was even more outrageous, but his victims were able to laugh it off and told him he had to share, while Taylor just stood there looking like she was about to burst into tears.

Beyonce giving up her Best Music Video or whatever speech so Taylor could re-do hers was epically nice of her though. And P!nk tweeting that Kanye is a worthless or whatever made me lol. And I guess Taylor's mom had words with Kanye. I wish I knew what she said.

...And I can't believe I'm paying this much attention to celebrity bullcrap, but... I do love public drama.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

inb4 south park reference

I mean I'm not surprised by his actions I just think it was a rude thing to do. Did you see poor taylors face? She was just in shock! She was so happy to get the award and then it just came crumbling down cause of that d-bag kanye. He ruined the poor girls night!

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

he is a gay fish

no but really he is a douche with terrible music

anything else about him i can't be bothered with
    derp

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oo, barely made it in there, Lekana. *hi5s Pope*

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't even like Taylor Swift but god damn, she looked so hurt and confused that it made me feel so bad for her. She didn't deserve that. She's 19 years old and it was her first VMA, to have that moment ripped away from her was just awful. It might have been different if Kanye had done it to someone older and more established like Kelly Clarkson or Pink, but Swift must have felt overwhelmed as it is being in a category with heavy weights like Beyonce and to have someone put her on blast and saying she's unworthy in front of millions of people... god, so not cool.

I hear people saying how Kanye was right and Beyonce deserved the award. So? It's not even about whether his opinion was valid or not, it was about how smurfing rude and disrespectful he was in that moment. I seriously believe he's a little mentally unbalanced. I'm not sure someone who is all there in the head would get so wildly upset about something like a video music award. Especially for a category he wasn't even nominated in! Calm down, Kanye West!

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I felt bad watching my future wife be embarrassed like that.

Also: I know what Kanye West looks like now, but who is he?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    Also: I know what Kanye West looks like now, but who is he?
    Kanye West is one of the most talented and artistic rappers and musicians of our time. Unfortunately, like all artists, he is also troubled. As he wrote last April:

I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY EGO THOUGH. HAVING THE CRAZY EGO IS PLAYED OUT AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE AND CAREER. I USE TO USE IT TO BUILD UP MY ESTEEM WHEN NOBODY BELIEVED IN ME. NOW THAT PEOPLE DO BELIEVE AND SUPPORT MY MUSIC AND PRODUCTS THE BEST RESPONSE IS THANK YOU INSTEAD OF "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" IT'S COOL TO TALK WHEN YOU'RE RAPPING BUT NOT IN REAL LIFE. WHEN YOU MEET LITTLE WAYNE IN PERSON HE'S THE NICEST GUY FOR EXAMPLE. I JUST WANNA BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM. I NEED TO JUST GET PAST MYSELF. DROP THE BRAVADO AND JUST MAKE DOPE PRODUCT. EVERYTHING IS NOT THAT SERIOUS. AS LONG AS PEOPLE THINK I ACT LIKE A BITCH THIS TYPE OF WILL HAPPEN TO ME. I GOT A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF ME TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE I'M NOT ACTUALLY A HUGE DOUCHE BUT I'M UP FOR THE CHALLENGE.

I hope the reaction to this latest news will encourage Mr. West to continue to strive to become a doper person.

lololol Kanye west is egotistical enough to prompt someone to make a thread about it on Eoff. THE POWER OF BEING AN ASSHOLE muhahaha

Haven't seen the VMAs yet, so I went to YouTube to see the clip and damn do I feel bad for poor Taylor Swift.

I'm not a fan of Swift either, but she still won the award and that was her moment. That look on her face really makes me feel sorry for her. Kanye deserved all the booing he apparently got the rest of the evening, and it really was nice of Beyonce to let Swift give her acceptance speech once more.

But yeah, Kanye is an idiot and needs to get his head out of his ass.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You know I really thought it was not possible for Kanye West to be a bigger egomaniac a$$wipe then he already is but he managed it with this stunt. Voice of a generation my a$$ he's not even that talented. 90% of his hit singles feature sampling of other great songs eg. Stronger featured heavy sampling of the Daft Punk song Harder,Better Faster, Stronger. Sampling does not take talent just basic computing skills. As a musician I'm highly critical of sampling its basically piggybacking on other musicians talents. I'm not looking to argue this point on sampling by the way I can't be swayed.

I'm not Taylor Swift's biggest fan but she's a talented performer & very good at what she does. She's not 20 until December & she's already a millionaire! But apart from the talent part another major difference between her & Kanye is modesty a quality he's lacking in spades. Kanye West needs to pull his head out of his a$$ before he disappears up it.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think people would be less upset with him if the video he referenced as being top tier didn't actually suck.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Eureka! We all know it's what he wanted to do.

I'm disappointed in Kanye because I think he could've taken it a bit further. Like, he could've slugged Taylor Swift in the jaw, stole her award, and declared himself Emperor of the Universe.