Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like using every swear word there is!

Default I feel like using every swear word there is!

I'm going mad trying to get rid of that dumbass rule that is Random! I swear, if that rule were a person it'd be a psycho chick following me around everywhere I go, breathing down my neck. And I'm just saying, THE BREATH IS NOT MINTY FRESH!

Argh!

So..

Topic 1: How do I get rid of that Random rule? I've tried and tried, but I just can't for some reason.

Topic 2: There's this CC card thing in Balamb Garden. How do I set it in motion? I think I remember something about talking to a guy called Jack or something. Help plz!
    Last edited by Breine; 09-14-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's why you shouldn't play Triple Triad.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You need to play in a region that doesn't have the rule and has a rule that doesn't exist in the region with the random rule. Reject all choices to make you play the game with combined rules until you can play with the non random rule then you travel back to the regions that do have the random rule and play a game with mixed rules and hope that random is the rule that gets removed.

You will basically need to soft reset to get it to work. Also, there is a guy in Balamb by the docks, he's a Garden student who likes to skip class. Playing him will rest all of Balamb (and B. Garden) rules to simply the One trade rule. This is great for trying to build a region to get rid of the random rule.

CC can be started by finding and beating the members in order.

Jack - by the location panel located from the stairs leading to the elevator on floor one of Balamb Garden

Club - Located in the 1 floor of Balamb Garden close to the entrance leading to the Dormitory

Diamond - the two girl that appear in the same area as Jack. They are both the Diamond team.

Spade - The guy on floor 2 of Balamb Garden, by the elvator. He's the guy who gives you the first pack of cards in the beginning of the game.

Joker - Is a guy that randomly appears in the training area on the little island like figure. He normally sells you stuff but can be challenged. He has the Leviathan card.

Queen - You can't face Queen til Balamb becomes mobile. She is Xu and can be found on the bridge to control the Garden. She has the Carbuncle card.

King - Go face Dr. Kadowaki and she will tell you that she was the former King but handed off the title to someone new. Take Squall to his room and approach his bed. Choose to go to sleep by yourself (basically, remove all party members) and King will randomly appear to wake you up in the evening to challenge you to a game. King has the Gilgamesh card.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    I'm going mad trying to get rid of that dumbass rule that is Random! I swear, if that rule were a person it'd be a psycho chick following me around everywhere I go, breathing down my neck. And I'm just saying, THE BREATH IS NOT MINTY FRESH!

Argh!

So..

Topic 1: How do I get rid of that Random rule? I've tried and tried, but I just can't for some reason.

Topic 2: There's this CC card thing in Balamb Garden. How do I set it in motion? I think I remember something about talking to a guy called Jack or something. Help plz!
    Topic 1 I can't help you with I assume your planning to do the Card Queen sidequest? getting rid of the random rule can be close to impossible I run a save years ago by spreading the random rule almost worldwide!

Topic 2 I can help you with. CC club Jack is the black hair guy walking around the directory in Balamb Garden. He won't let you play him the first time you ask him but he will mention the CC Club. So go around Balamb Garden win about 15-30 games of Triple Triad. After that challenge him again the side quest should be triggered the next time you challenge him if not go win a few more games. This side quest annoyed the hell out of me till my most recent playthrough because the Jack wouldn't let me challenge him. As for the other CC Club members check Wolf Kanno's post.

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    That's why you shouldn't play Triple Triad.
    The card game was awesome, beat the hell out of the crap that FFIX had. There were only 1-2 rules that sucked and random was one even though all I did to counteract the random rule was to turn all my cards except the ones I wanted to use into items.

Alright, so I tried doing what Wolf Kanno told me to do, and I've found the guy in Balamb to be very handy. I entered the CC tournament thing and defeated Quistis and all that, but for some reason she didn't have the Gilgamesh card like she's supposed to.. So, I went to the bridge to challenge her again, only to find out that my "One" rule magically had changed to "Direct" (which sucks mighty arse). I then hurried to Balamb to play with the guy down at the docks to reset it back to "One". I then went back to Balamb Garden to challenge some random NPC, but the "Direct" rule was still there!

Argh! I then soft reset to go back to before I even challenged Quistis, to go back to having my beloved "One" rule again, but oh me oh my.. that pesky "Direct" rule was there even though I had reset my game! I have no idea how, but it was there! ARRRRGH!
    I then lost all patience and turned off my playstation.

Talk about irritating. I'll give it another go some other time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

playing vs card queen changes trade rule in the area where she is.

Once you get to a certain point n ff8 the rule cant be changed or at i never figured out how to change it

You don't really need to play the card game past disc 1 if you don't want to b/c by then you should have Squall's ultimate weapon :P I played it all the time b/c I wanted to collect all of the cards even though there really isn't a point b/c not like I hardly ever card modded outside of needing stuff for weapon upgrades. I don't remember ever even giving any characters the ability to use items since I found them pretty useless in this game (as they are in most rpgs).

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alright, so I tried doing what Wolf Kanno told me to do, and I've found the guy in Balamb to be very handy. I entered the CC tournament thing and defeated Quistis and all that, but for some reason she didn't have the Gilgamesh card like she's supposed to.. So, I went to the bridge to challenge her again, only to find out that my "One" rule magically had changed to "Direct" (which sucks mighty arse). I then hurried to Balamb to play with the guy down at the docks to reset it back to "One". I then went back to Balamb Garden to challenge some random NPC, but the "Direct" rule was still there!

Argh! I then soft reset to go back to before I even challenged Quistis, to go back to having my beloved "One" rule again, but oh me oh my.. that pesky "Direct" rule was there even though I had reset my game! I have no idea how, but it was there! ARRRRGH!
    I then lost all patience and turned off my playstation.

Talk about irritating. I'll give it another go some other time.
    I notice this happens sometimes as well. Keep rejecting the game until the One rule appears. I noticed it sometimes randomly changed the trade rule so if you try to reclaim a card (because of smurfing Direct ) occasionally the trade rule does change to One. I have no idea why the game mechanic works this way but it does it from time to time. Just be patient.

Oddly enough, Direct is probably my least favorite rule in Triple Triad cause at least Plus/Same can be exploited with the random rule. Direct sucks cause even if you win you can lose if the computer nabs your best cards.

Okay, I went back and tried again and this time the Direct rule stayed away and let me play with me beloved One rule, which was dandy.

Thanks for the help, peepz

EDIT: Also, yes.. I agree with Wolf Kanno that Direct is the rule that probably sucks the most.

Diff is the best rule ever. I always got to keep 4+ of their cards after the game >:]

Jesus, does Caraway always take a loooong time to use his Rinoa card?

..also, Diff is pretty awesome. Yes.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jesus, does Caraway always take a loooong time to use his Rinoa card?

..also, Diff is pretty awesome. Yes.
    This may sound obvious but I assume you lost your Ifirit card to him first?