Thread: Help with the Four Crystals of Moore Forest

Default Help with the Four Crystals of Moore Forest

I can't beat them for the life of me. Any tips on how to beat those things?
    How does one use fire?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The right crystal is of water type, the left is of wind, the top is of fire and the bottom is of earth. So first of all don't hit them with their same element. Also never have your main attackers let up their assault. Keep up your health with your White Mage. And have your Blue and/or Black mage assalt with their opposing element and use White Wind if necessary. And if you have excess money you could make someone throw it.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You could always start off with a nice Titan summon to damage most of them. Remember to cast float before battle!

alrighty. I mean, the last time I fought them I made sure my party had float and used Titan and black magic as much as I could but still got beat. Perhaps I should train more. Is there any specific jobs I should make my characters to be aside from the black\white mage and summoner? Or should I just go with those jobs?
    How does one use fire?

FFXIV Character

I don't know if you've beat it yet, but depending on how much money you have. You can make a Samurai and use Gil Toss/GP Throw/Zenikage/whatever it is called in the version you're using.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you've learned the appropriate black mage skills, change your characters to summoners to increase their magic power, and use !Black LV3,4,5 whatever to cast.

This is what I said in my walkthrough xD

Inside, the Seals attack.

Seals (x4):
    HP: 7777
    MP: 10000
    Str: 40
    Def: 10
    Mag: VARIES, 1-15
    MagDef: 20

You can steal four Elixirs if you care to. Each seal guardian has a different elemental absorption. They start off doing a lot of physical attacks, so summon Golem. If you have pretty good mdef, you can then just start attacking them, else start casting Shell for when they switch to magic attacks. Consider having a Blue Mage or Learning equipped to learn Aeroga.

The simplest way to go about this is to summon Titan, find out which one absorbs Earth magic, then attack all of the others with Physicals/Titan. Once they all die, proceed to either use Comet or Physical attacks on the remaining one. Four Monks will !Summon level 4 or four Summoners with Barehanded would be ideal, but you can use many different combinations. Black magic is almost worthless in this battle because of all the elemental absorptions and immunities (Each seal is immune to Wind, Ice, Poison, and Holy, and two of them absorb fire and earth). Time magic is useful for Hasteaga and regen, and White magic with Curaga and Shell. The Earth seal has a nasty surprise though, which is Earthshaker, but you should be floated, so no worries.

Okay, I'll try that. Its a different plan from what i've read in other walkthroughs. thank you very much for you guys' help. I will....try to defeat that boss as soon as I'm done with FFX. =D
    How does one use fire?

Blog Entries

For most of that battle, everyone but Buttz was dead. He had a Fire Shield equipped, and had those sorcerer spells, too. So I'd let the fire one heal me every turn, and I'd take out all the crystals one by one.

Probably a silly way of beating it, but oh well.

the last boss is a hard smurfer...it took me awhile to beat him. eventually i tried using a game genie for "unlimited health" WASTED 45 MINUTES OF MY TIME TO FIND OUT THAT IT GIVES ALL MY ENEMIES UNLIMITED HEALTH ALSO...WHO WOULD WANT THAT??? ITS POINTLESS AND JUST DOWN RIGHT DUMB .........
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

Quote Originally Posted by IXVI View Post
    the last boss is a hard smurfer...it took me awhile to beat him. eventually i tried using a game genie for "unlimited health" WASTED 45 MINUTES OF MY TIME TO FIND OUT THAT IT GIVES ALL MY ENEMIES UNLIMITED HEALTH ALSO...WHO WOULD WANT THAT??? ITS POINTLESS AND JUST DOWN RIGHT DUMB .........
    That has to be the greatest cheat I have ever heard! I for one would want that cheat, just because of how funny it is!
    "How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist..."

If you get a chance please join the W_S project, it's only a small forum so needs all the members it can get!
    z6.invisionfree.com/the_W_S_Project/index.php?

I have the cheat if you really want it..BE WARNED, you might kill not only yourself but Rosa and what's her green haired face also...yeah, another loop hole is everyone is imune except the ladies who are only imune for a short amount of time......................god damn it....
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

FFXIV Character

Rosa and Rydia AKA what's her green haired face are from IV.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

someone seems confused...

when in doubt, giltoss.