Thread: The Flaming Lips

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Default The Flaming Lips

Anyone else a fan of this awesome band? If you aren't, you should be. Because they are really REALLY good and very good to their fans.

Not everyone has heard of them, though they've been playing for 20+ years and have a street in their home town named for them. Some of you may have heard their tune 'Do you Realize?' on some commercials.

They're my fiance's favorite band, and recently we went to see them in concert. They put on the most amazing show I've ever seen (I've been to a LOT of shows) and I was selected to dress up like a girl yeti and dance on stage with them for the duration of their set. Their shows are crazy, the lead singer comes out in a giant hamster ball and crowd surfs.

Anyone else a Lips fan? I'd better get more than 3 responses to this! >.<

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Of course I am. They're an amazing band to listen to when you want to sit back and mellow out.

I dig the Flaming Lips. They're undoubtedly one of my favourite bands. Wayne Coyne is awesome - I saw them live a couple of years ago at The Roskilde Festival and it's still one of the best concerts I've been to (they also had people dress up as everything from Superman to a giant T-Rex at this show).

I'm looking forward to their next album, "Embryonic". Supposedly it's a double album.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Someday, Mr. Hero of the Undead variety, you and I are going to hang out and have the most awesome kick back ever. I'll bring smores!

Also, Wayne is awesome! We all got to meet him after the show, I hugged him and he was such a nice, intelligent, thoughtful person. He talked to everyone individually, seemed genuinely interested in what they had to say, and was very sweet. He also seems to be having the time of his life up on stage, which is a joy to see. A lot of bands seem so tired and unhappy on stage.

My bf guy already ordered Embryonic, the deluxe super set. I'm really eager to get it, I hope we win tickets to the New Years Eve show.

If you could blow up the world with the flick of a switch, wouldn't you do it? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Oh, Yoshimi.

They don't believe me.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really think of myself as a fan, but more than once, I've heard a song, thought "oh, wow" and realized it was them. I should start keeping track, I guess

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yoshimi battles the pink robots is my favourite.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Never got round to hearing their earlier stuff but I really love The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. At War With the Mystics wasn't quite as good (and sounded a bit abrasive in places) but still had some great moments. Can't wait for the new album next month.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

do you realize

that you have

the most

beautiful face