View Poll Results: Do you really care about this game?.

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 64.29%
  • No

20 35.71%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: >> Do you really care about this game?.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

They don't need to, as they've already come to the same conclusion themselves!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not really interested. Not because you have to pay for it or anything, but...I guess I'm just not a MMO person.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I'm with Mirage, if they fix a bunch of the big issues with FFXI, then I'd be al for t, because FFXI was pretty awesome.

It'd be cool if they made the world with an actual ecology where monsters will attack each other depending on species, etc.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Yes, that would be pretty cool. Wouldn't want it to happen all the time though, cause you'd want there to be some leftovers for the players too :p.

Default Only if you play as a loner and not have to work with other

players to be successful....

Banned

I find it silly that they're using DirectX9 for it.

But yeah, I have very little interest in it, like I did with XI. However when I played XI I had quite a bit of fun with it. Then I got bored after a few months and stopped paying.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

We can only hope that they will also add DX10/11 support, and that DX9 is just for WinXP compatibility.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Yes, that would be pretty cool. Wouldn't want it to happen all the time though, cause you'd want there to be some leftovers for the players too .
    That's why there would be herds, and there would be roaming predators, and then some predators that live in lionic prides, and they would swarm you, but you were super-human PC character and can kill them all!

But seriously, an actual ecology in an MMO would be AWESOME.

No. Don't play online games, and I'm not starting now.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

My only MMO experience has been WoW (yes, one of 'those' people), but I have to say the areas in the game with NPCs attacking each other are some of the coolest in the game. They are very dynamic, and add life to areas, especially when the zone is otherwise empty.

Many zones also have low level harmless animals running around, and carnivores will attack and kill them if they path close enough to each other. I can still remember when I first started playing I was walking down a road, and suddenly a wolf ran out from the bushes to the side, killed a deer along the side of the path up ahead, and ran back into the woods.

Names are important actually. In all honesty, although XI has quality, it doesn't quite feel like a Final Fantasy at all. It's the same reason that they put the "Final Fantasy" title on the FF: Spirits Within movie; they're just using the title to attract FF fans to these things in an attempt to make money. It's not atrocious or anything, actually it's fair marketing really. However giving something the name of "Final Fantasy" gives people high expectations of it, and they will judge based on those expectations. The FF: Spirits Within movie may have done a little better if they hadn't put "Final Fantasy" on the title. When they use this "put 'FF' in the title" trick, and said product doesn't do well, it only hurts the reputation, especially with those that get their first impression of FF by said product.

As for FF XI, it didn't really seem very friendly to new players who didn't really understand any of the system. When I first played, I wasn't even sure how to get started on any sort of main story [I wasn't even sure if there was one at all], and my experience was further ruined by having to rely on parties to level since at that time, solo'ing wasn't really doable or practical at all. Making gil at that time was a mystery to me [7 gil from a Goblin that killed me two times in a row? Really?]. I also have to reluctantly admit that it had some pretty boring music which didn't really seem very Final Fantasy-like at all. For the record, I'm aware of the solutions to these simple issues now, however I think new players encounter this often and get discouraged as I did due to boredom or difficulty getting answers [but I'll admit that FF XI is much different now than it was 6 years ago when I tried it out].

I'm not knocking it down though, since it's a hell of a lot more balanced than RO [which I've played for several years] and far above WoW's level, but I think the developers need to keep the issues I just mentioned in mind for FF XIV.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What did you think of FFXII, Khalin? I only ask because FFXII is about as different from the rest of the series as XI is.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

If its more solo-friendly and I have a computer that can handle it (or its released on 360?) I might give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    What did you think of FFXII, Khalin? I only ask because FFXII is about as different from the rest of the series as XI is.
    Aw, this is pretty late but to be honest I don't know what to think of it. I wasn't too much of a fan of the XII battle system, but aside from that I don't remember much about the game. I have to admit that I didn't even finish it. The starting sequence of the game made it look really interesting but it didn't carry over for too long. Maybe I'll go back to it and finish it.

i voted no...but oddly enough I'm paying more and more attention to it.