Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TGS 2009 Info for XIII

I watched a trailer, i must say it's great, but one thing bothers me
    That girl Serah is smurfing small, young for Snow?? isn't she? Snow is like 24-26, Serah is like 12-13lol

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

More like Snow is just a freaking giant.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I cannot wait for this game it looks & sounds amazing!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Really could have done without the pop song (the opening track was gorgeous though) and I hope the ship the party is on isn't the official airship...

I wonder if the guy with the scar will be a possible party member. He doesn't seem all that bad from the trailers and he kinda comes across as someone who just happens to be on the wrong side. Besides, his airship looked suspiciously like it could be a summon.

I still can't get behind the summons for this game. The transformation idea still seems pretty silly especially considering how grim the story and trailers tend to be.

I'm liking that they did learn from XII and have large city areas and open fields with walking monsters just going about their business. I feel its almost safe to say I might be pleased with the game side of things. The heavy melodrama of the trailer still has me worried about the plot but it was better than what the demo showed so I'm a little more hopeful than before.

I also agree that Serah looks like smurfing jail bait. The opening scene of the trailer was slightly ruined by me wondering how old she was and if Snow just might be tall for his age...

Serah's gonna die. Calling it now. Score one for predictable plot contrivances.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Predictable my ass... (SPOILER)We pretty much saw what looked like a death scene in the trailer, though she definetly has a target on her considering she's very close to three of the major players of the plot.

Yeah she is ur typical deathbait
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    And not sure how many places it's been revealed, but the last game informer revealed Lightnings summon is Odin, and instead of transforming you get to ride his horse.
    Odin transforms into the horse, that's why he looks rather gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Xardrick View Post
    That girl Serah is smurfing small, young for Snow?? isn't she? Snow is like 24-26, Serah is like 12-13:Dlol
    I noticed that as well. They will no doubt have similer ages. It would be cool if Sqare went down that dark road though. But, of course, it'll never happen.

That trailer has gotten me very excited for the game. While it isn't the revolutionary step I was hoping for, FFXIII could very well be the best RPG this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    And not sure how many places it's been revealed, but the last game informer revealed Lightnings summon is Odin, and instead of transforming you get to ride his horse.
    Odin transforms into the horse, that's why he looks rather gay.
    I think the whole vehicle thing only ameliorates the game. Well, or a horse, which is not a vehicle. At first I wasn't all about it, but I think Odin galloping around is both hilarious and wonderful.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still think XIII will be the most unintentionally funny FF. I still roll my eyes and laugh at the summons and extreme wire-fu action of Lightning. Not to mention just some of the weird stuff like Sahz having a Chicobo living in his afro or Snow's weapon being his snazzy trenchcoat.

sort of off topic but i believe dat da characters will get more than 1 summon. even though i think it says dat each character will get only 1, though ifrit, siren, and carnbuncle won't be playable in battle. i don't think it would b fair 2 give some characters battle summons, and others nothin. i've also remember readin dat there will b pulse n cocoon eidolons meanin mechanical n enviromental ones. each character would encounter both types of fal'cie n recieve one of each

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Does anyone else think it's funny that Shiva's face is practically in Snow's crotch when she's a motorcycle?

...or maybe it was just a really good photoshop job that I saw.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

The TGS trailer has been dubbed (for like 99.999% of it).

FFXIII - TGS '09 Trailer - English Dub (Joystiq)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Does anyone else think it's funny that Shiva's face is practically in Snow's crotch when she's a motorcycle?

...or maybe it was just a really good photoshop job that I saw.
    i think its funny

i love this trailor, its the only one so far that has given us info in a bit more depth. sarah does look a bit young but snow is pretty tall compair to the other characters. the english voice cast sounds incredible. finally no more painful american acsents (vaan and sometimes tidus)
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/