Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season Four - Mark Spoilers

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Reviving because I want to keep talking about the show.

Anyway, I just watched last night's episode. (SPOILER)Is it just me, or is it hardly mutually exclusive that photographer guy killed those girls or his assistant did? Isn't it perfectly plausible, if not likely, that they cooperated?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

That's what I thought! It had me confused, but oh well. Enjoying this season very much so far.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I've been "meh" about this show since mid-way season 3. I still have yet to be convinced to be otherwise by this season.

I've only seen the first season, and a couple of random episodes from the second season. I need to get into it again at some point, 'cause it's actually a pretty good show. Michael C. Hall does a good job.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's the significance of the coffin? I think Trinity might be considering burying the deer he hit inside of the coffin; which leads me to another question: (SPOILER)why does Trinity act so freaked out he hit a deer when he kills people on a daily basis? These questions and more.

^ I think its because its not part of his killing cycle/ code...kind of like how Dexter never kills any random person (SPOILER) until now i guess!

And is it just me cause Quinn is kinda getting on my nerves!?...never really liked the guy..he just randomly popped up as a character is season 3! And if this is another Doakes situation i hope it gets resolved quickly lol!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY* View Post
    ^ I think its because its not part of his killing cycle/ code...kind of like how Dexter never kills any random person (SPOILER) until now i guess!
    This pretty much. I thought it was pretty obvious that was where they were going what with Dexter's little scene at the end of the episode. [spoilers]I also have to wonder if maybe Trinity doesn't like that he kills at all. Maybe he wants to be the good Christian and father, which might explain his standing in a burning hot shower after his first kill. Might be him punishing himself. I mean Dexter is ok with the fact that he's a killer but that's largely because he had Harry to guide him to at least a somewhat useful purpose with his urges and remind him that it wasn't his fault he had them. Trinity wouldn't have had that and may even realize he's a monster but just can't stop himself.[/spoilers]

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    What's the significance of the coffin? I think Trinity might be considering burying the deer he hit inside of the coffin; which leads me to another question: (SPOILER)why does Trinity act so freaked out he hit a deer when he kills people on a daily basis? These questions and more.
    I got the feeling that (SPOILER)the coffin was for himself. I'm not sure why, just the way he was acting even before they hit the deer and such, I guess. Maybe he feels like his cycle is finished (he had been doing it for 30 years, right?) and wants to go out on his own terms. Maybe Dexter ends up letting him do it on his own terms because he identifies so strongly with him? That's just speculation, of course, but I think that could be a fitting way to wrap up this season.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY* View Post
    And is it just me cause Quinn is kinda getting on my nerves!?...never really liked the guy..he just randomly popped up as a character is season 3! And if this is another Doakes situation i hope it gets resolved quickly lol!
    I'm pretty sure Quinn is supposed to be annoying, at least some of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I got the feeling that (SPOILER)the coffin was for himself. I'm not sure why, just the way he was acting even before they hit the deer and such, I guess. Maybe he feels like his cycle is finished (he had been doing it for 30 years, right?) and wants to go out on his own terms. Maybe Dexter ends up letting him do it on his own terms because he identifies so strongly with him? That's just speculation, of course, but I think that could be a fitting way to wrap up this season.
    Yeah, I doubt(SPOILER) the coffin is for the deer. Trinity took Dexter out to the forest with the intent of cutting down a tree (presumably to make the coffin in the first place) before hitting the deer ... so unless he changed his mind alluva a sudden after hitting the deer ... I don't know. I understood the deer scene to be exemplary of some of Trinity's character traits - obviously he views the people he kills as his dead family members, and I think he lacks empathy for humanity: the deer upset him because it was truly innocent and he killed it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This episode was pretty good, with a bunch of new twists. I am totally unsurprised that Trinity is a freak instead of a great father/husband.

I also really hope (SPOILER)Rita doesn't cheat with that annoying bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    This episode was pretty good, with a bunch of new twists. I am totally unsurprised that Trinity is a freak instead of a great father/husband.

I also really hope (SPOILER)Rita doesn't cheat with that annoying bastard.
    Spoiler part is totally going to happen. It's just going to. No way it won't. It's been emphasized way too much, which sucks, because it's way too out of character for Rita to me believe it.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Trinity, Trinity's son and Dexter thing was intense. Trinity's wife was more creepy than him imo.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, Trinity's daughter and his wife were by far the creepiest parts. Holy crap.

Articles

(SPOILER)Yeah, they were creepy, but only as a result of the way he's treated them through the years, of course. Or should I say ruled them... it doesn't seem like they've been given much space to act outside his assigned roles for them.

I must say I really believed in the "well-adjusted citizen/family man" thing he had going on. I must say I feel a mite sorry for Dexter, as every "role model" or "mentor" he finds keeps turning out to be worse than himself, with the possible exception of Harry, who still didn't exactly approve of him 100%.

And yeah, Rita cheating would be sad. That guy doesn't even look very good.