Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season Four - Mark Spoilers

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love this show so much! I started watching Season 4 last week again & I'm addicted all over again. (SPOILER)I like the Trinity killer storyline it's alot better then the Skinner story from Season 3 I think. Trinity is a much more interesting beast! I was honestly shocked by the twist at the end of episode 9 season 4 where Quinn's new girlfriend turned out to be Trinity's daughter:Eek:

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

(SPOILER)Rantz: yeah, that was my point. Their actions revealed the true depths of the abuse they suffered, that something could make them act so terribly... it's very disturbing.

And yeah, the reporter-girl being Trinity's daughter is another exciting twist. Adding in Deb's realization of her knowing more about the crime scene than should be possible, it looks like she's probably the one who killed Lundy.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

(SPOILER)Which raises the question, does she know what her father does and approves to the point where she'd kill to protect him? Or would she have another reason to kill Lundy?

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    (SPOILER)Which raises the question, does she know what her father does and approves to the point where she'd kill to protect him? Or would she have another reason to kill Lundy?
    Nope, she knowwwwwwws! I can't figure out if I think she's just crazy, or if I actually feel sorry for her. The newest episode has me kind of thinking both, but I'm not sure if the writers are aiming for empathy ... regardless I almost cried (SPOILER)when she got arrested - that scene was intennnnnnnnse even though it was only like 30 seconds.

I can't wait until next week. Looks like someone's (SPOILER)gonna shoot Deb, in the trailer ... doubt that anything substantial is gonna come from that. I would be disappointed if they decide to really kill her. The scene with the cement and the fighting and the ... boy-o-boy, I really didn't know what was going to happen there. I'm really loving how unpredictable this season is.

As for last week's episode, can someone explain to me what's so creepy about Trinity's wife? I fell asleep and any episode recaps I find only say stuff like she helps "uphold his mask" or something equally cryptic. Jonah is always talkin' bout "what his dad is capable of," so like ... do they know he kills people or do they just think he's a jerk wad?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Moon Rabbits: (SPOILER)The creepy thing about Arthur's wife is that she came outside and saw her daughter (who's 15 or so) making the moves on Dexter. The daughter basically promised to be his sex slave if he just got her out of there. The mother interpreted it as something was going on between them, despite Dexter's denials, and said "I don't care what you do with her... just please don't tell Arthur." She really didn't care what terrible things could happen to her daughter, just as long as Arthur didn't find out. So yeah, VERY disturbing.

And it doesn't look like any of them, besides the one eldest daughter, knows what Arthur's really been up to.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    As for last week's episode, can someone explain to me what's so creepy about Trinity's wife?
    Well, I don't know why other people are creeped out, but she creeped me out because she just keeps smiling in really awkward situations (SPOILER)i.e. when she sees her underage daughter hitting on a 30-something man.

I fell asleep and any episode recaps I find only say stuff like she helps "uphold his mask" or something equally cryptic. Jonah is always talkin' bout "what his dad is capable of," so like ... do they know he kills people or do they just think he's a jerk wad?
    I don't think his family knows that he goes that far. They probably think he's controlling and an abuser, but not a murderer. (SPOILER)Trinity's son's reaction to when Dexter asked him for help finding information on his dad leads me to believe this.

Articles

Ah it's nice to see people here keep up with this show. It's been a wild season and I can't believe we're just a week away from the season finale.

To comment on tonight's episode:

(SPOILER)I'm still not sure how it's all going to end given the circumstances. One would expect that Dexter will finally kill Trinity. It's what the season has been building up since episode 1 and at this point almost seems a bit...drawn out. Do you guys think the writers had Dexter frame that old trucker and kill him just so the cops would stay out of it completely and so Dexter could have Trinity to himself? Apparently there's going to be one last big twist that we won't know about until the last moment. I wonder what that could be...

There's been tension building between Dexter and Quinn all season. I feel like Quinn will find out more about Dexter and his "dark" secrets. I have a feeling that a Deb-Quinn relationship could be in the works but we'll see what the writers and producers do with that.

I'm kind of glad they ended the Rita-Neighbor scenario the way they did. Just another show of Dexter's strange bundle of emotions that serves to show he does care for Rita. It does seem like the Rita-Dexter relationship seems a bit too forced. Maybe the twist will have something to do with Dexter and his family.

I was suprised when Christine (reporter, Quinn's ex girlfriend, Trinity's daughter, tits mcgee, WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL HER) blew her own head off and right in front of Deb. How much tragedy has Deb seen with her eyes? My friends are constantly complaining that Deb is too emotional and cries too much. For chrissake though, think of all the tragedy she's seen in the past couple of years? I'm surprised she's still stable and working as a homicide detective. It seems that we may never know more about the father-daughter relationship between Arthur and Christine, but it may not be relevant to complete the season. I feel this season has to end with SOMEONE coming closer to the other facets of Dexter Morgan.

Oh yeah, Laguerta and Angel make me want to puke.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Exciting episode with a pretty big twist. Yeah, the Trinity plot does seem a bit drawn out, but it hasn't gotten dull so far with new twists and revelations the show keeps throwing at us.

And yes, please let this be the end of the Laguerta and Angel drama.

Articles

Excitiiiiing. As the show mostly is.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    And yes, please let this be the end of the Laguerta and Angel drama.
    It probably won't be considering Angel hasn't had the best luck in the relationship department.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

FINALE TONIGHT

I'm really confused about the whole AngelxLaguerta subplot. Is it going to fit into the main arc at all? Doubtful, which is disappointing. I think it was stuck in there so that there was a "human" plot somewhere ... it just feels so forced and fake to me, though

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Well, it does continue to demonstrate how much the people there think of Dexter, in that they both independently chose to confide in Dexter over everyone else there (much to his dismay). The rest was just development of Laguerta and Angel, which I have gotten very tired of.

Articles

Yeah I think it was mainly character development so they wouldn't be left stagnant. But it was a boring subplot from the start, imho. Still, finale yes excitement.

I am dumbfounded by this season finale. I really just... don't know what to say.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

OMFG! I did not see that ending coming a mile away. It did tie everything together nicely and it even tied stuff together from a previous season. I was in awe for a good ten minutes after finishing season four. This is the best season by far. I hope next season is this good or better!