Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season Four - Mark Spoilers

(SPOILER)I hate to be the bitch of the Internet, but I am glad Rita died. I like Julie Benz, but I never liked Rita. Of course, I see the show from Dexter's perspective, so she comes off like a nag. I'm sure if I saw the episodes through her eyes it would be different. Ah well, it is what it is. She made Dexter increasingly complacent, anyway. By the finale he was ready to give up entirely. Rita needed to die to reboot it, in a sense.

I won't be surprised if we see little of Cody and Aster. Maybe the first few episodes. I don't think Dexter will keep them. Then he's stuck with a baby, which in my opinion he would be selfish to keep at all, though he will. I wouldn't mind a time jump at some point mid-season so Harrison grows up a little ;O But then viewers will feel upset they missed 6 years or so. I like time jumps and Rita death? Good thing I'm not a writer for this show or I'd sink it.

And he needs to just stop answering his phone all the time. In fact, if he had not been talking on the phone, he probably wouldn't have hit the other man's car, and Trinity would have been dead sooner, saving Rita. He should plastic up a room, strap down his cell phone, show it pictures of himself, and then stab it.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 12-23-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    (SPOILER)He should plastic up a room, strap down his cell phone, show it pictures of himself, and then stab it.
    xDD

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca
    And he needs to just stop answering his phone all the time... He should plastic up a room, strap down his cell phone, show it pictures of himself, and then stab it.
    SERIOUSLY. Is Dexter somehow unable to put the phone on silent or something? It even rings when he's out hunting, which could potentially get him caught. For such an otherwise cautious person, he is very unrealistically stupid about his phone.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe that's commentary on how so many people are with their cellphones. As if the world would explode if they don't have it with them at all times and don't answer it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Omg. I just finished this season and the finale gutted me!

(SPOILER)Which is so surprising because I was too fond of Rita. She was too much of a cliche. Whining housewife who can't see her husband for who he really is. I didn't hate her or anything, and I thought her presence was an interesting element in Dexter's life. But as far as the character goes, I wasn't a fan. But the fact that such an important and long standing character died in such a ugly way was horrifying. Stripped naked, cut up in her own bathtub with her own blood pooling around her, and all this in front of her baby! How smurfed up is that? Jesus christ. I can't remember the last time any major character died in such a brutal and cold hearted way.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca
    And he needs to just stop answering his phone all the time... He should plastic up a room, strap down his cell phone, show it pictures of himself, and then stab it.
    SERIOUSLY. Is Dexter somehow unable to put the phone on silent or something? It even rings when he's out hunting, which could potentially get him caught. For such an otherwise cautious person, he is very unrealistically stupid about his phone.
    I think it's to keep from raising ANY suspicion as to what Dexter could actually be doing. The less questions asked in Dexter's mind, the better.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've been doing some catching up, a month ago I had never seen an episode of Dexter. I watched Season 1 before christmas, season 2 during christmas and the last two seasons now in january, and well this is what I have to say about the show so far

Daaaaaaaamn, what an ending! I can't believe they actually did that.

I think it's a good thing though. Many writers are too chicken to make choices like that and the result of that can sometimes be a somewhat stale show. I guess we now know how unpredictable this show can be.

Sucks to hear Michael C. Hall has gotten cancer, I hope he recovers just fine. Looks like that's exactly what's going to happen too.

Articles

Oh no, I hope he gets better.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

From what I just looked up, it looks like he has been "battling" cancer for a while now, but at this point it's in complete remission.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It sucks to hear about Michael's cancer, but he did win a Golden Globe for best actor in a television series. John Lithgow also went home with an award for best supporting actor.

Articles

Nice. Both well deserved!

So how's Season 5 coming along?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Whoa, I was looking up info for the show and just realized that the fourth Dexter book is out. I am so behind the times. Has anyone read it? It's supposed to be better than the third book, so hopefully it's a welcome change back to the very well done first two books.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I've been meaning to read the Dexter books, but I heard the third one has a bunch of stupid supernatural crap in it that sort of sounded like the backstory of Stephen King's IT.

Also, cancer has ravished Michael C. Hall's once godly physique. He looked terrible at the Golden Globes

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    I've been meaning to read the Dexter books, but I heard the third one has a bunch of stupid supernatural crap in it that sort of sounded like the backstory of Stephen King's IT.
    Yeah, it was terrible. The first two are really good though. Just be ready for a completely different Dexter. I read the books first, and I was originally put off by the TV show because TV-Dexter was way too normal.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're right, Moon Rabbits. I think he's lost his hair, but let's hope it's just for a movie role.

Large Picture of Hall at the Golden Globes