Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: These are a few of my hated things...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always figure it was for the final battle with Sephiroth so you can have one party have a dedicated Blue Mage besides your main.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

One of the enemy skill materias is miss able, so maybe they wanted to leave you with the ability to have 3 even if you missed the one in the ShinRa tower.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah, that was I was going to suggest too.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

i actualy think they never really intended for you to change out materia all the time, every time you change out characters, hence the reason everybody gets to fight in the final battle...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I think they did, considering the enormous amount of materia and how easy it is to exchange materia with other teammates, even if they aren't in your party.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I hate the chocobo breeding guy telling me I still have to wait when I breeded the chocobo, fed the new one, took it to the races to win 9 times in a row to get to S class, went and got 2 ultimate weapons (one being Tifa's which takes several mins b/c of the running around), and spending 30+ more mins waiting for the stupid zolom to use beta (probably spent over 3 hrs total waiting on that stupid snake).

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    I really hated Sphere Break in FFX-2...

It punishes you for not having QUICK maths. Im sorry sometimes it takes abit to work things out... *whimpers*
    Much like a lot of other minigames punishes you for not having quick reflexes .

I thought it was lots of fun!
    Yeah, I really liked Sphere Break for giving a mini-game with a focus other than pure reflex testing.

I know, I use bolt3 to start of sending him to 6-700 hp left then sit there till he knocks someone out of the fight 10 mins later. I normally just find stuff to do on the internet while regen's up and keep an eye on the screen to see if he uses beta. I tried about 12+ times earlier I think before saying screw it I'll get it later and working on chocobos atm.
    He only uses Beta when he's at low health, and he only uses it as a counterattack. You have to get him to low health, and then attack him. He never uses it if you just wait.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I hated trying to get all the legendary weapons for FFX. The things they made you do for the sigils...such torture!
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by WK
    The Enemy Skill materia is my "end all, be all" for VII. Not only does VII give you access to most of the powerful and broken abilites before you even leave the first Disc but most of it makes magic seem useless and makes most of the summons obsolete as well until you get the over powered stuff in Disc 2... White Wind and Mighty Guard are criminally broken in this game and both are fairly easy to get. I don't see why people even bother with magic materia in this game once you leave Midgard.
    Haha, I made a couple of threads about that very subject years ago in the FF7 forum. I took the same position - the outside of the very early game, Enemy Skills completely outclass magic materia, and later in the game even outclass most summons. Mighty Guard is a ridiculous spell to get in disc 1 and makes everything after that absurdly more easy.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    I hate the chocobo breeding guy telling me I still have to wait when I breeded the chocobo, fed the new one, took it to the races to win 9 times in a row to get to S class, went and got 2 ultimate weapons (one being Tifa's which takes several mins b/c of the running around), and spending 30+ more mins waiting for the stupid zolom to use beta (probably spent over 3 hrs total waiting on that stupid snake).
    The waiting period is measured by the number of battles your characters are in - not actual game time!
    Last edited by Marshall Banana; 10-27-2009 at 03:38 AM.

Sphere Break.