Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days Thread~

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Default Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days Thread~

So it just came out today! I decided to cave and buy it. It is alright so far!

What are your impressions?

Please use spoilers tags when necessary!

EDIT: At Day 75
    Last edited by The Summoner of Leviathan; 10-01-2009 at 06:35 AM.

(SPOILER)Since Xion has the ability to turn 100% into a man, and that there was a heavily implied romantic relationship between her and Roxas, would that make them a gay pairing?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I haven't got that far but I've known a spoiler for a long time, so to answer your question:

(SPOILER)It would make them as gay as Sora and Roxas as a pairing. Also, I see a lot of AxelxRoxas being pushed in the game

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think that may be wishful thinking on your part Bobby.

The game was fun for a little while. Then I got to the (SPOILER)Antilion and I've just about had enough. I play games to relax, not to challenge myself. And what's easy for some, is far from easy for me. I tried three times last night and couldn't beat the prick. And from what I've read, this isn't the worst of it so I think I'll stay away from this game for awhile, or at least start the game in beginner mode, though I doubt that will solve the crappy camera issues. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdust View Post
    I play games to relax, not to challenge myself.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

It gets far worse than the Antlion. For the record, though, I never found the camera to be particularly bothersome. The different dispatch methods for the various types of heartless become a bit frustrating at first, but once you have enough slots released to carry around multiple types of magic and still have room for your abilities, it becomes a lot easier to manipulate.

At any rate, the last two hours or so of gameplay were pretty effin' awesome, and it really worked into the story a lot more cohesively than I originally thought. It almost makes me believe that they didn't just come up with Xion as an excuse to create another game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    It gets far worse than the Antlion. For the record, though, I never found the camera to be particularly bothersome. The different dispatch methods for the various types of heartless become a bit frustrating at first, but once you have enough slots released to carry around multiple types of magic and still have room for your abilities, it becomes a lot easier to manipulate.

At any rate, the last two hours or so of gameplay were pretty effin' awesome, and it really worked into the story a lot more cohesively than I originally thought. It almost makes me believe that they didn't just come up with Xion as an excuse to create another game.
    Oh yes, it does. (SPOILER)The Infernal Engine is a good example. All my healing panels were out and I was left with just minimum HP. It was a miracle. (SPOILER)I later found out you could get rid of the archers.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just started playing and I'm having fun. I really like the panel system so far but I will agree that the camera is more of a nuisance. Especially since the same buttons to control the camera in Type B also uses the lock on feature which is sadly far more important in this game than other entries...

The story has been surprisingly good so far though I'm barely into it yet. (SPOILER)Just passed the scene where Xion reveals she can use the Keyblade, I think its Day 20 or something...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm on day 200-something already. This game kinda reminds me of Crisis Core, but it's substantially better. It seems like this was planned from the beginning and not just added so that they can make another game. To put is simply - Xion is a FAR better excuse for a story than Genesis was.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll agree about Xion, this game has come off a lot better than I was hoping for and I feel the other Org. XIII members are being fleshed out better than I had anticipated.

Not sure where people are getting this difficulty problem though? My main beef is my horrendously limited movement abilites are not good enough to let me complete Time Attack missions or "collect the emblem" missions. Despite that, I'm having a very difficult time pulling myself away from this game. I only started about a few days ago and I'm already on Day 177.

Multiplayer is pretty fun and I'm pretty happy they unlock all of Org. XIII pretty early so you can play as everyone. For those who haven't gotten the chance to play co-op, it uses a point system to determine ranking and hands out medals based on the point system. Now here's the amusing thing, points are these little gray crystals you collect from enemies or objects, there are also blue ones that give big point bonuses. Where this gets interesting is that although you cannot target your partner, you can actually hurt them and knock crystals out of them effectively stealing their points for yourself. Just don't let your friends use Marluxia, Xemnas, or Saix as those guys have huge attack range and tend to easily deal out friendly fire if you both focus on the same opponent.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just beat the game... I think I'm about to cry... I've been waiting for this kind of game for a long time. It's a masterpiece.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just finished it half an hour ago myself. It really has a gut wrenching ending, especially when you know what happens in Kingdom Hearts 2.

I mean damn... The ending just leaves you a bit numb.

This might possibly be my favorite entry in the series next to Chain of Memories.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    This might possibly be my favorite entry in the series next to Chain of Memories.
    I'm not quite sure I'd go that far, but it was a pretty solid entry, and it certainly leads me to the belief that while I expect Birth by Sleep to create a lot of new questions, I expect it to reconcile a lot of the things that aren't making a lot of sense about Kingdom Hearts 2. It gives me quite a bit more faith in Nomura's grand plan than I had before playing the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll agree I'm a bit more optimistic about Birth By Sleep than I was. I was pretty much ready to call off the KH series completely after KH2.

358/2 does have its fair share of faults but I feel the gameplay was still overall solid and the story was very good with an emotionally charged ending and satisfying conclusion. This game is really how I wanted Crisis Core to be but alas that ship has sailed...