Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Super(b) Street Fighter IV!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

EX Thunder Knuckle still gets you behind the opponent when it's blocked. Not completely safe/out of range of a retaliation, but better than being in recovery right in front of them.

Theres definitely uses for EX Thunder Knuckle. If someone misses a Rush Super like Balrog or Chun, you can jump over it and then while they are all the way across the screen, just EX Thunder Knuckle in for a free Ultra.

Its also good for people that like to charge up a Focus Attack and then dash away at the last minute. It doesn't matter if they tried to dash as long as you started your EX Thunder Knuckle motion, it will break their armor and free Ultra or combo.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Theres definitely uses for EX Thunder Knuckle. If someone misses a Rush Super like Balrog or Chun, you can jump over it and then while they are all the way across the screen, just EX Thunder Knuckle in for a free Ultra.
    That happens so rarely though.

Its also good for people that like to charge up a Focus Attack and then dash away at the last minute. It doesn't matter if they tried to dash as long as you started your EX Thunder Knuckle motion, it will break their armor and free Ultra or combo.
    Huh, I never thought to do that. Thanks for the advice.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Question for those in the know:

The 'Long Time No See' trophy/achievement - how does this work? I've beaten the game on Hardest, but no Gouken? Is this the same bull from SF4 where you have to beat the arcade mode fights with a certain number of Ultras, Perfects, etc.? If so, probably won't bother...

Thanks in advance.

All the characters are unlocked from the beginning in SSFIV, but I heard that there are hidden "Shin" version of both Akuma and Gouken in there too...
    Is that your final answer?

Pretty sure you have to do the same requirements as you had to in order to unlock him in SFIV. If you're gonna do it just be sure to set it to one match rounds and ave a second controller nearby so you can have a "new challenger" appear if you're going to lose.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Contributions

Argh.

Thanks, y'all.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got to play this game for the first time at my friend's house a few days ago.

I love Rose's new Ultra, it seems much more useful than her first one.

Combos are hard, I don't understand this linking business. =/ Too used to gatlings in Arc System Works games. I guess it'll come with practice.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Dudley, Ibuki and Guy are characters that have notable 'Gatling' combos (called Target combos in SF) if those will help. For the most part, comboing normal moves requires actual timing and counting frames, as it's not an automatic combo dialing like it is in ArcSys games and most 3D fighters.

It definitely takes practice, and knowing what moves give you a big enough 'advantage' to let another move hit. Easy example being the basic Heavy Jump Attack > Heavy Standing Attack > Special. That works for any character in the game. Rose example: Jump HK, Stand HK, QCF HK (drill) should combo easily if you get the first hit.

If you ever get time to play it on your own, there's a whole set of of 'Trials' for each character that will let you practice specific combos.

Getting used to playing with a joystick is taking some hardcore practice too x_x

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Dudley, Ibuki and Guy are characters that have notable 'Gatling' combos (called Target combos in SF) if those will help. For the most part, comboing normal moves requires actual timing and counting frames, as it's not an automatic combo dialing like it is in ArcSys games and most 3D fighters.

It definitely takes practice, and knowing what moves give you a big enough 'advantage' to let another move hit. Easy example being the basic Heavy Jump Attack > Heavy Standing Attack > Special. That works for any character in the game. Rose example: Jump HK, Stand HK, QCF HK (drill) should combo easily if you get the first hit.

If you ever get time to play it on your own, there's a whole set of of 'Trials' for each character that will let you practice specific combos.

A lot of those combos aren't practical though. Some for instance require you to do several links into a special move into a super. The damage output for that is smaller than if you did two links and a super or two links, a special, and a super.

The focus attack combo things into supers or ultras also do less damage than if you did it without the FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Getting used to playing with a joystick is taking some hardcore practice too x_x
    Try maybe listening to Daigo:

YouTube - Street Fighter Umehara Daigo History 2010 (English Subs) FULL TRANSLATION Part 1

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

This Chun Li player annoyed the heck out of me last week. YouTube - The Most Turtling Chun Li Part 1

Damn, I swear I don't sound like that in real life. The camera's altering my voice.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 05-23-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Contributions

^ Goddamn. And I thought I was a turtler.

Lol gotta keep your eye on the timer. You had the right idea second round, but he totally outplayed you Dx.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3