Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed for everyone who is playing FF7 on ePSXe.

Default Help needed for everyone who is playing FF7 on ePSXe.

I am playing FF VII for quiet time now, and I reached the point where I got "The Key of Ancient" and when Bugenhagen insert it in a music box, water started to falling, then i must go into this waterfall. When I go in I got a black screen :S that for a sec i see a picture and again black screen.
    Who is playing with this emulator, i could send you a savegame, and you can past this point and send me a savegame back. I would be very happy because i want to continuou this epic game

For soem reason lots of people get stuck there, esp if an FMV is corrupted.

Try the emulator pSX first... won't regret it.

Try mounting the image with Daemon tools rather than using a different emulator, that worked for me.
    "How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist..."

If you get a chance please join the W_S project, it's only a small forum so needs all the members it can get!
    z6.invisionfree.com/the_W_S_Project/index.php?

thank you, thank you very very much It's working

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can run the whole game well though.

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

Better yet try PC version ^_^

I just started FFVII on the ePSXe. I'll be sure to watch out for that issue.

Does anyone else not have the swirl for the start of battles? The battles themselves run fine so I don't care but it's weird that you'll just hear the "shhhhh" noise and then a second passed and it jus switches to the battle screen opening.

Thumbs up FF7 City of ancients glitch on ePSXe or PSXFIN emulators

I experienced the same trouble where Bugenhagen takes the key of the ancients and places it in the music box and as the key fits into place the game seems to freeze, lock or just hang around. In my case Bugenhagen just bobs up and down doing his default move, staring at the key and nothing else happens.

I tried for weeks with ePSXe and PSXFIN, but recently i tried PSXeven. This emulator didnt experience this problem.

I loaded my last save point just outside the cave and walked to the left into the house/hut where i saved my game using the save point, saved the game to memory card 1 and quit the emulator (then PSXFIN). I loaded the same ISO (FF7 disc 2) and the same memory card (.mcr file) into PSXeven, and the game worked flawlessly. All sounds, FMV's and even graphics looked better.

For months (and years!) no one had a fix on this problem and most assumed it was a ISO file or disc corruption.

Anyone had any experience with PSXeven?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

PSXeven was a promising emulator that never made it out of beta, unless someone recently picked up where xeven left off.

Square games are notoriously difficult to work with as roms--on all the emulators.

Always run out of Daemon. That should be the first thing they teach in emulation school.

Forsaken Lover: I'm pretty sure either ePSXe or the GPU plugin will have a hack for that. I'm fairly sure Pete's GPU plugins do, anyway - it's been a LOOOOOONG time since I used ePSXe...
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I recommend using the psX emulator in the future over ePSXe. In my recent playthroughs of the Suikoden series, it was very smooth and I had very few issues in getting it set up and running.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyFF7 View Post
    I experienced the same trouble where Bugenhagen takes the key of the ancients and places it in the music box and as the key fits into place the game seems to freeze, lock or just hang around. In my case Bugenhagen just bobs up and down doing his default move, staring at the key and nothing else happens.

I tried for weeks with ePSXe and PSXFIN, but recently i tried PSXeven. This emulator didnt experience this problem.

I loaded my last save point just outside the cave and walked to the left into the house/hut where i saved my game using the save point, saved the game to memory card 1 and quit the emulator (then PSXFIN). I loaded the same ISO (FF7 disc 2) and the same memory card (.mcr file) into PSXeven, and the game worked flawlessly. All sounds, FMV's and even graphics looked better.

For months (and years!) no one had a fix on this problem and most assumed it was a ISO file or disc corruption.

Anyone had any experience with PSXeven?
    I tried your way two times, and it still doesn't work. I'm just tired of trying. I've downloader for the first time an ISO of FF7 because my cousin broke my original version (I broke his neck in response) and I always forget that this FMV doesn't work. Could it be possible to replace only this FMV in the iso itself in order to fix the bug ?

My only way to pass through is to get a save from gameshark, just after the City. But being lvl50 despite of a lvl80, with gold chocobo and Omnislash, it makes me sad.

Anyone had other fixes that PSXeven or Mount the image (I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT, IT DOESN'T WORK)

It should be possible to replace the .avi, using an ISO-manipulation tool (ISO Master?), but if the crash/hang is triggered by code instead of the movie, you'll be back at square one.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

I've been experiencing the same problem, when Bugenhagen places the key of the ancients the game crashes. I've been playing on ePSXe, but then I tried on PSX and PSXeven emulators, but nothing worked. I tried mounting the image with daemon tools but I can't seem to figure it out, as when I select "Run CDROM" nothing works. Could I possibly upload my save file and someone just gets me past the video?

Surprising that this issue still exists. I wonder if the PSP hangs on this crap as well. Just a curiosity more than anything though

People may have to end up resorting to this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/