Thread: I've been thinking...

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default I've been thinking...

...about "B.L.A. Moments".

Basically, i'm fairly sceptical about it's origins. I know where the term comes from, (to be honest, I love that movie ), but basically if the definition of B.L.A. Moment is "a random moment that doesn't really fit in even in context of the film and is never reffered to again" then the term doesn't always work. I have seen various clips been described as B.L.A Moments, but each of those scenes (as random as they appear) do all have some purpose to the movies they are in, and some of them are reffered to.

In fact if you take the description of B.L.A. Moments at face value, the orginal B.L.A. Moment; shouldn't really count as a B.L.A. Moment at all (despite the fact that it is The B.L.A. Moment).

Anyone else notice this?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I haven't seen All Dogs Go to Heaven (that was the movie, right?) since I was very young, so I don't remember.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

For people who are confused, the original Big Lipped Alligator moment. It's random, freakish, pointless, ridiculous, and has nothing to do with the film at all.

I don't have much to say about alleged BLA moments myself: they're entertaining enough whether they have a point or not, as long as the movie is good. Sometimes it's difficult to judge the significance of a scene and if the film really needs it or not.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's random, freakish, pointless, ridiculous, and has nothing to do with the film at all.

It is indeed random, but it does have something to do the film in that it's when one of the character falls ill, and the aligator does come later on. (I watched recently, I still love it - the whole film I mean).